Nanite mesh generator - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ADA Warning: Do not floss teeth with PlanetSide CD.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-29, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Beerbeer
Major

Nanite mesh generator

Can anyone explain this cert to me and how it differs from the advanced shield capacitor for the heavy?

What the heck is it?

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2012-10-29 at 09:26 PM.
Old 2012-10-29, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Nanite mesh generator

Not sure but I think mine is broken.
Old 2012-10-29, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Beerbeer
Major

They need better descriptions. That entire cert tab is, to me, nonsensical.

I certed in it, but I'm like, okay, wtf does it do?
Old 2012-10-30, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Dont buy certs from strangers
Old 2012-10-30, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Beerbeer
Major

Lol.
Old 2012-10-30, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Beerbeer
Major

Seriously, does this thing work with the shield? Is it separate. Do I have to equip something after certing this for it to work?

I went three bars deep into this and haven't noticed a damn thing. What a freaking waste.
Old 2012-11-01, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Actually now I read Advanced Shield Capacitor and looks like that allows Damaged and Depleted Shields to recharge sooner.

Nanite Mesh Generator - Spontaneously creates a dense projectile absorbing web around the user.

Yeah pretty sure mines broken or its doing the reverse of whats its meant to do.
One of those things that needs a better explanation, going to ask Higby if he can explain.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2012-11-01 at 05:38 PM.
Old 2012-11-01, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Beerbeer
Major

Yeah, I tried to pay attention to "it" and even three bars into this sink hole, I can't tell any difference.
Old 2012-11-01, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SKYeXile
Major General

Nubbins!

The nanite mesh generator is a shield for the heavy assault, how is it different from the standard?!?! No idea, but you shouldn't be using it, you should be using the Resit shield. this is your classes special ability its a different tab to the suit modifications.

for suit modifications there several shields, some enhance that shield effectiveness or how fast it will begin regening, other options just allow you to carry more ammo but with the default shield. The advanced sheild capacitor full certed will begin regenning in about 8 seconds where the default takes about 15seconds before it starts. they all take 4 seconds to regen from 0-full(could be like 3.5 seconds)

you can see the certs here:
http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Certifications
and the different slots they take up. no idea why the resit shield isn't listed, but anyway.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-11-01, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Beerbeer
Major

That's the thing, it's not selectable in place of the other suits.

It's in the ability tab. Thing is, I had that selectable shield even before I certed into this.

What the hell is it?

Is it different than the standard, selectable shield?

Bottom line, the certs are not explained well in regards to what they do, how to use them and in my opinion a roadblock to newbies if that's what they're after. It's a mess and, more importantly, not intuitive.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2012-11-01 at 08:19 PM.
Old 2012-11-02, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

planetside2.eu
Heavy Assault soldiers also have access to prototype Nanite Mesh Generators that temporarily reduce the velocity of incoming projectiles, decreasing their kinetic impact on the user.
Though the experimental technology currently requires the user to remain momentarily stationary while the mesh is being formed, NMGs have shown themselves to be an integral component to the Heavy Assault’s continued presence on the field.
ps2wiki.net
Nanite Mesh Generators spontaneously create a dense protective web around the user, absorbing a large amount of damage for a short period of time.
planetside.wikia.com
Heavy Assault soldiers also have access to prototype Nanite Mesh Generators that temporarily reduce the velocity of incoming projectiles, decreasing their kinetic impact on the user.
Though the experimental technology currently requires the user to remain momentarily stationary while the mesh is being formed, NMGs have shown themselves to be an integral component to the Heavy Assault’s continued presence on the field.

planetside.wikia.com
Nanite Mesh Generators (special ability, default key is "F"):
Nanite Mesh Generator: Gives you an absorption shield that can take extra damage at the cost of your capacitor energy (which you can see at the lower right of your screen with default UI configuration).

Patch notes 19-09-2012
Certifying in improvements for the Nanite Mesh Generator will now increase the regeneration rate and may save your life on the battlefield.
in game mouse over
Nanite Mesh Generator - Spontaneously creates a dense projectile absorbing web around the user.
Patch notes 4th Nov
Slight increase to the Nanite Mesh Generator shield strength. Slight increase to the movement penalty of the Nanite Mesh Generator.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2012-11-03 at 03:52 PM.
Old 2012-11-03, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Gaalsien
Private

The advanced shield generator is a cert for the suit that speeds up the time it takes for the SUIT's shields to start regenerating after taking damage.

The Nanite Mesh Generator increases the rate at which the Heavy's ability, which is the secondary overshield, regenerates.

I can see how it can be confusing, as the descriptions are inconsistent.

The Nanite Mesh Generator is an upgrade to the standard Heavy shield ability that you start off with. There is also the Resist Shield cert, which swaps out the NMG for a shield that reduces damage taken, and an Adrenaline Shield, which I think just recharges when you get kills.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion