Sunderer Idea? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Still waiting to see Hamma nudes...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-02, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sifer2
Major

Re: Sunderer Idea?

I'm also with the crowd that feels the radius fix wont really solve the issue. The issue is more complicated than that because the Sunderer is not an AMS. It's harder to kill, and has turrets on it. Any and everyone can pull it. From everywhere. That's a world of difference from the PS1 AMS. So just saying oh we had radius on AMS in PS1, and it worked fine is silly. Cause that doesn't account for the rest of the problem. Just IMO what they should do is:

Make an AMS variant of it that doesn't have guns, and fewer passenger slots to make room for the spawning equipment.

AMS variant Sunderer only able to be pulled from Base vehicle terminals. Not even Towers.

If it's still a problem after that then also put it a lot higher in the cert tree.
Old 2012-11-02, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Dagron
Captain

Well, it's an interesting proposal to make small facility terminals unable to spawn AMS sundies, only regular ones. Dunno if it would solve the spam problem, but it would definitely mitigate it... and it would solve the issue they were concerned with when they first made them spawnable everywhere: squads wouldn't be stranded in small outposts when their transport blew up.
Old 2012-11-02, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Radius alone may not be enough to solve this issue. Players need to work harder to pull one of those things. Increase the distance they'd have to drive them (by limiting AMS spawns), increase the resources cost to spawn an AMS equipped sundy, or increase the cert cost of the AMS.

The devs have several tools for controlling this and I think they'll hit the sweet spot.

Oh, and you should probably be able to tell whether or not an AMS is deployed. This would help defenders target the current threat.
Old 2012-11-02, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dagron
Captain

Increasing cert cost isn't a long term solution, eventually most people would save up enough certs to get it... be it one week from the first time they logged in or 2 years, inevitably the problem would still appear.
Old 2012-11-03, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
bullet
First Sergeant

I think the radius limit will help but won't completely solve the issue. Since everyone can pull one, there will always be plenty of any useful vehicle. Where I think the radius limit will help the most is pushing back the offense/defense. As of right now when you're in a large fight there are normally 2-3 sundies parked on top of eachother. If you manage to take one down, they still have others to spawn at close by. With the radius limit, if you manage to destroy one, the whole zerg is pushed back and you gain that ground for over coming the opposing force.

The radius change coupled with the new mechanic that Engi's repair guns can over heat after being used for too long should help with taking out the Sundies, I hope.

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Oh, and you should probably be able to tell whether or not an AMS is deployed. This would help defenders target the current threat.
Yea, I didn't really think about that but it would definitely help. Maybe this with the idea that they could make the S-AMS unique so you could tell it apart from other Sunderer variants.
Old 2012-11-03, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by bullet View Post
With the radius limit, if you manage to destroy one, the whole zerg is pushed back and you gain that ground for over coming the opposing force.
Like a few of us already said in this thread: it would push attackers back, if people didn't park several of them right next to each other just like they were doing until now... which is not only still possible, but also a good idea.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-11-03 at 08:38 PM.
Old 2012-11-03, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
Like a few of us already said in this thread: it would push attackers back, if people didn't park several of them right next to each other just like they were doing until now... which is not only still possible, but also a good idea.
You are correct sir. What do you think the OS is going to be good for?
Old 2012-11-03, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Dagron
Captain

Lol, but seriously i'd still prefer a way to reduce the advantage of spamming sundies instead.

So far the best idea i saw was the one of making it so they could only be spawned with the S-AMS equipment in major facilities. That way attackers wouldn't just run to the nearest outhouse to spawn one, they'd have to drive it a long way once it was spawned in their base, which would increase the odds of them being ambushed or spotted from the air and bombed before they got to another base (specially if there were 10 of them together).

Though i'm not sure how could terminal hacking be handled in that case... should they be able to spawn an S-AMS of the attacking force? If they were, it could either negate the solution and things would be the same way as they are now, or it could give terminals a much greater strategical value, which might be a good thing - more things to worry about defending/attacking instead of just capture points or generators.

As for making them look different from regular sundies, sounds good and i support the idea.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-11-03 at 09:13 PM.
Old 2012-11-04, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Crator
Major General

Didn't they just add the ability to spawn at the Flash terms a while back? That made them more spammed correct? But there was an issue with not enough of them getting to the fight quick enough then, correct? So let's take away the ability to spawn them at Flash terms but give the GAL the ability to transport the Sundy via air.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion