Remove camping spawn buildings from meta game - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: May contain nuts
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-10-18, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Re: Remove camping spawn buildings from meta game

That would require some decient thought in the world design

Instead this is what you get.

Deal with it you aint getting paid to make a game, you aint paying them to make a game. you are paying a mega-corp who is paying a group of developers to make a game.
Old 2012-10-18, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Spawncamping is not generally the problem imo. As being said it will happen to a base being overwhelmed at some point. It happened in PS1, it will happen here.

The issue is, spawncamping is being made ridicously easy in PS2. It's the same that applies to the actual capturing of bases, i just don't get why you can do it both WITH VEHICLES.
Why are spawn rooms so often some hut outside the actual base where you can just park a tank infront of it and let the defenders run into their demise as soon as the first tank arrives at that base.
Once more, it's not the spawncamping itself that is annoying, it is how easy it is to do. Move the spawnrooms below surface, make them so only infantry troops can spawncamp it (as a good example here, the main area of the bio-labs).

Actually i believe that making both capturing points and spawn rooms only being able to be reached "on foot" without vehicles / aircrafts would help several issues the game currently has (flow of battle, spawncamping, tank rushes, tdm behaviour, the "too open" base design).
Old 2012-10-18, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Honestly, I agree. Every battle I was in yesterday ended with us camping the enemy spawn room waiting for the base to flip. You can't just up and leave, because then the guys in the spawn room will take the base back half a minute later. So youre stuck waiting outside the spawn room, impotently shooting at the force fields in the hopes of catching one of the guys inside in an unwary moment.

Honestly, it feels sort of boring. There has to be a better way of solving this issue than how it is currently?
Old 2012-10-18, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Canaris
Contributor
General

they removed waiting for hack and replaced it with waiting for spawn room

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-10-18, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

I'd love to see some tunnels connecting the buildings together. Maybe even a duct or something you duck into that runs from the spawn to the other buildings?

There were a couple of bunkers in PS1 that were linked by little tunnels. Always fun little firefights in those.

Last edited by TheRagingGerbil; 2012-10-18 at 09:39 AM.
Old 2012-10-18, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Tunnels would work fine imo.
Old 2012-10-18, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Miir
Malvision

In the end the best thing they could implement is something that keeps the fighting exciting.

Maybe putting a portal in the spawn room that allows you to teleport (one way) to other secure areas around the base/outpost/towers.

I know these spots would likely get camped as well. But as long as they were in places that vehicles can't get to easily. Then it would come down to infantry/Max only battles. They could have the room where you teleport to be equipped with a shielded doorways similar to the biolab so you could clear the immediate area before pushing out.

Seems like they have all these things already in game.

Also move all the capture points inside buildings so they can't be camped easily by vehicles.

Tunnels or a way to move from building to building without the option of going outside would be great.

Last edited by Miir; 2012-10-18 at 12:34 PM.
Old 2012-10-18, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Crator
Major General

^^ I actually like that idea Dj. So a mega-router

But about the spawns, they really do need to be inside behind walls or underground, away from vehicle spam. Why they moved the majority of spawn rooms outside is beyond me. They could make it diverse.

For instance, I actually don't have an issue with the spawn room being outside at The Crown. I'd like to see it placed on the north side of the tower, on the hillside. With the hillside providing protection from vehicle spam at the exits of it. A quick run south to the tower to defend it from a south attack. This will give the south attackers a better chance at actually gaining ground while still allowing the defenders to use better strategy in defending The Crown.

But there's other cases that the land structures around the outpost or tower do make sense to have the spawns inside or underground. To make locations more diverse in how to attack them.

EDIT: My north/south were mixed up in the above text but I just fixed it. My dyslexia showing .

Last edited by Crator; 2012-10-19 at 05:20 PM.
Old 2012-10-18, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

There should just be a set of defensible stages before the attackers reach the spawn tubes. If the attackers do get to the spawn tubes, they should be able to destroy them and end the fight. Also, the spawning room should not be accessible to vehicles (preferably underground).

You wouldn't even need spawn shields with this setup. The spawn defense stages should be fairly spacious and quite defensible. The players that use the base's defenses should be the "shield" instead, and if they fail then the war ends without any spawn camping. You would get more of a situation were attackers and defenders are pushing against each other, instead of defenders getting instagibed out of the spawn doorway.

However, what if the attackers simply destroy the spawn tubes before anyone notices? If you don't want that to happen, then maybe the spawn room should only be opened to attackers once they get further down the base hack progress (25%? 50%? 75%?).
Old 2012-10-19, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Stanis
Master Sergeant

If they made every base a wall courtyard with a tower in the centre. two shielded entrances and a resupply tower.

Every base would effectively be PS1.
They'd also be easier to defend. Something to actually fight over.
Tanks unable to camp the spawn room door.

The spawn locations need redesigns. The base layouts are swiss cheese.

I get we are supposed to fight - but have you noticed how towers and Biolabs are the places those fights happen? It's because the defenders have a hope in hell of holding out against numerical superiority. AKA: The Zerg..
Old 2012-10-19, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Figment
Lieutenant General

Note, this is ONE guy (of course Dachlatte always been a good tanker, but as you can see Dachlatte also finds this rather ridiculously easy).

So. Let's blame the enemy for getting farmed? ...

Last edited by Figment; 2012-10-19 at 07:30 AM.
Old 2012-10-19, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
302 Found

Note, this is ONE guy (of course Dachlatte always been a good tanker, but as you can see Dachlatte also finds this rather ridiculously easy).

That guy has got a good shot...and framerate xD

Anyway, I'm missing your point.
Old 2012-10-19, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
That guy has got a good shot...and framerate xD

Anyway, I'm missing your point.
Hint: a few minutes in, hovering over a base. Ask yourself how you can fight back as a defender in that position.
Old 2012-10-19, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Hint: a few minutes in, hovering over a base. Ask yourself how you can fight back as a defender in that position.
Oh, sorry. I was clicking through and I must of skipped it. Yeah, that is a pretty good example.
Old 2012-10-22, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Miir
Malvision

302 Found

This video is a great example. Does farming really add anything to the game?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion