Lib from recent stream.... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Did you know?: PSU is USP backwards
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-05, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Re: Lib from recent stream....

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
Gun is fine.

Lib flying over a base almost completely unmolested, even hover in place quite a while, so it can pound anything that moves into tiny red bits isn't a balance problem, that's a players being dumb problem.
This is it, basically. Watching the stream, almost no one even pulled out their missile launcher, let alone used it on a proper target.

Also guys, remember; there will be vehicle timers, as well as resource costs.

For me, if I'm running around and see a liberator, sure I'm thinking "oh crap!" But I'm also thinking "Ohhh, nice juicy target!"

One thing I am not loving however is the "new" modern EXP style of say 150xp per kill, maybe +25 or +50 for killing a vehicle etc. I really loved the PS1 style EXP system that rewarded you more for taking down players with long up timers and more kills. Also, nothing beats getting that rare but oh so satisfying 5000xp for nailing that pesky liberator with your Phoenix.

Last edited by Knightwyvern; 2012-06-05 at 07:53 PM.
Old 2012-06-05, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sirisian
Colonel

Looked amazing. Can't wait to fly it. Damage seemed sensible for a secondary gunner spot.
Old 2012-06-05, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
thelol.

Wait until 10 fully buffed and specialized Liberators with bombers and tailgunners fly 100m above you at full speed with that gun. Keep in mind that Liberators are much faster now, that this gun is impossible to miss with (large AOE, fast projectile), can be spammed, and kills infantry in 1 shot.

If you think airchav outfits with PS1 Reavers were bad, wait til they are all in PS2 Liberators with XP/resource boosts. I'll be fine with this. Will you?

Remember: This is coming from someone who never once complained about anything being overpowered in PS1.
Combined arms? How about 30 AA maxes or 30 AA Aircraft hunting those libs down? plus a hundred heavy assault with lock on missile launchers, base flak cannons, etc.

It's all about the scale. Sure, 10 of these could ruin an infantry column's day. An equal number of AA equipped MBT could probably knock them out of the sky. That's a good thing.
Old 2012-06-05, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Haro
Master Sergeant

thelol.

Wait until 10 fully buffed and specialized Liberators with bombers and tailgunners fly 100m above you at full speed with that gun. Keep in mind that Liberators are much faster now, that this gun is impossible to miss with (large AOE, fast projectile), can be spammed, and kills infantry in 1 shot.

If you think airchav outfits with PS1 Reavers were bad, wait til they are all in PS2 Liberators with XP/resource boosts. I'll be fine with this. Will you?

Remember: This is coming from someone who never once complained about anything being overpowered in PS1.
If you're fine with it, why wouldn't I be? Why bring up this at all then?

But in all seriousness, for your 10 libs, I'll either a) get 30 reavers, b) get 30 lightnings or AA maxes, or c) the most effective way to beat any air craft... fight inside.
Old 2012-06-05, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Oh, sorry. Given the posting history of some of the people in this thread, I was under the impression that people valued 1v1 balance. I guess I was wrong. Thanks for your support.
This is the wrong game for purely 1vs1 balance. How many infantry do you think it should take to down a fully manned liberator?
Old 2012-06-05, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by SpcFarlen View Post
I dont want to make a call yet. People were flying terribly and not too many people were looking to the skies or going AA.
They didn't really get much of a chance to go AA though: too many MAXes, infantry and tanks running about, besides, the pilots were rather crappy so far and suiciding more than doing anything dangerous (that will change in time obviously).

I noticed next to no wall defense gameplay either. The walls seem rather irrelevant right now what with bases being so open they can basically be ignored.
Old 2012-06-05, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
I noticed next to no wall defense gameplay either. The walls seem rather irrelevant right now what with bases being so open they can basically be ignored.
I noticed that too; though I think the walls will be more important when there is a more obvious one sided defense going on; where one empire has control at the beginning and has time to prep before an attack.
Old 2012-06-05, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Now that's one valid concern. I didn't think about it myself, but I do agree, though I think such a discussion is for another thread/topic.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-05, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Haro
Master Sergeant

They didn't really get much of a chance to go AA though: too many MAXes, infantry and tanks running about, besides, the pilots were rather crappy so far and suiciding more than doing anything dangerous (that will change in time obviously).

I also think it had to do with how spawns were set up. Every empire had an uncappable spawn point (the forward assembling areas or whatever they were called) that churned out a steady stream of replacements, and no one empire could really mop up after capturing the base because reinforcements were always nearby.

I think once we see a more conventional offense/defense match up, and more recognizable pushes and lulls from longer travel times rather than a constant stream of respawns, the walls will be more noticeable. We're getting off-topic here, but I think it'd be a good subject for another post.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Haro View Post
I also think it had to do with how spawns were set up. Every empire had an uncappable spawn point (the forward assembling areas or whatever they were called) that churned out a steady stream of replacements, and no one empire could really mop up after capturing the base because reinforcements were always nearby.

I think once we see a more conventional offense/defense match up, and more recognizable pushes and lulls from longer travel times rather than a constant stream of respawns, the walls will be more noticeable. We're getting off-topic here, but I think it'd be a good subject for another post.
this. Also we we havent even seen the lightning with the skyguard turrent on it yet, so for all we know that could hammer away hard at the lib. You also cant nerf something just because people are more organized then you, Like TB said in the video stream those guys looked experienced with this game...so they could be former vets and know how to handle that air craft. Dispite the fact there being alot of "not so good players," There were quite a few good ones and showed us how this game might play out from a person with more experience towards this game play.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Damn it, must have been later in the stream. I missed it. I hope we see some tomorrow or that they post the youtube of the stream soon.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The designer in me wants to scream "OWERPOWERED!!1" and the greedy sunnabitch in me is absolutely smitten. Cancel all my meetings, Janet.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Basically the Liberator has a tailgun with about 150 degrees freedom of movement in both dimensions. It shoots really fast bombs (seemed almost hitscan) with ROF of ~2/s that cause AOE explosions of about 10m in diameter, which kills infantry instantly and MAX's in 2 shots.
ALL OF MY MONEY

I mean...

They'll probably have to balance that out...
Old 2012-06-05, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
They'll probably have to balance that out...
I agree. Up the damage.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
T MAN
Private

Did anyone else think the explosions from the lib were a bit excessive? Now imagine 10 more libs
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion