If we encounter a technological inferior race when we are in space. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We know what u did last RPG!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Old 2012-08-21, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

If we encounter a technological inferior race when we are in space.

What should we do, i think we should kill them all and strip down their planet/solar system for our glorious war machine and fleets. We must block out the galaxy with our fleets.
Old 2012-08-21, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: If we encounter a technological inferior race when we are in space.

Obviously you follow the Prime Directive.
Old 2012-08-21, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Obviously you follow the Prime Directive.
Aren't we in the anti-universe?
Old 2012-08-22, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

We will do to them what we fear aliens would do to us. I severely doubt altruism will be the rule of the day.

Old 2012-08-22, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
We will do to them what we fear aliens would do to us. I severely doubt altruism will be the rule of the day.
"Star Ship Troopers" over "Star Trek"? :P
Old 2012-08-22, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Genocide, enslave, spread the word of L. Ron Hubbard. We'll feel a little guilty about it thousands of years later, and circle jerk ourselves about how far we've come since then. If the aliens embrace Scientology, we'll probably elect President Ba'Grock Ozama after a while, otherwise we'll keep those heathens sequestered on little reservations.

I'm more optimistic about our relationship with self created sentient machines though. I think that by the time we have the ability to create an AI that can rival us, we'll already be so cybernetically modified that there won't be much of a noticeable difference between man and machine.
Old 2012-08-22, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vash02
Major

Nah, we'd leave them alone. Maybe just spy on them and pop down for samples that's the most of what would happen. People have moved on since the 18th century guys.
Old 2012-08-22, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
Nah, we'd leave them alone. Maybe just spy on them and pop down for samples that's the most of what would happen. People have moved on since the 18th century guys.
People yes, but Evangelicals? D:
Old 2012-08-22, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

The chances of finding an actual habitable planet are slim, finding sentient life on the same planet is in the single digits. When we have the technology to colonize other planets, I doubt we'd care enough to kill them or not, we'd go to the next planet where the situation is a lot less complicated and potentially volatile.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-08-22, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
The chances of finding an actual habitable planet are slim, finding sentient life on the same planet is in the single digits. When we have the technology to colonize other planets, I doubt we'd care enough to kill them or not, we'd go to the next planet where the situation is a lot less complicated and potentially volatile.

Have you met the human race? They will kill each other by the millions for no valid reason whatsoever. So killing non humans would hardly be a leap.

Old 2012-08-23, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Have you met the human race? They will kill each other by the millions for no valid reason whatsoever. So killing non humans would hardly be a leap.
Don't be naive. I've met the human race, I don't care what reasons are stated, there's always a benefit to be gained from killing. What benefit is there to spending many large fortunes eradicating an entire alien population in a potentially bloody and more importantly expensive campaign due to unknown technological level when 99% of habitable planets don't have a sentient species to fight over ownership and most non-organic resources can be found in uninhabitable asteroids and other heavenly bodies. Under the assumption that in order to be in charge of such things you have to have some level of intelligence, who would purposefully choose to trap themselves in a financial and political quagmire when you could skip this planet and go to one of the other habitable planets that are far more common and 100 times less complicated.

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-08-23, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

You are assuming too many things won't be a factor. All it takes is one profitable reason and we go all Avatar on fools for some Unobtanium. Hell, we will probably do it just because they are so different from us and the perceived threat will be high. You also make it sound like it will matter how many habitable planets there are. Bottom line is, we will want all of them.

Old 2012-08-23, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Warhound
Corporal

Well if you as a race have the technology to travel from system to system and colonize worlds and you run into a "Technologically inferior race" eradicating them would be simple as pie. I mean damn, look at how we wage war now and we look at how destructive that is. Hell it can be even more destructive if you unleash WMD's and that's when you see real destruction.

Now imagine the weapons you could unleash 1000 years from now...
Old 2012-08-24, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Mutant
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
Well if you as a race have the technology to travel from system to system and colonize worlds and you run into a "Technologically inferior race" eradicating them would be simple as pie. I mean damn, look at how we wage war now and we look at how destructive that is. Hell it can be even more destructive if you unleash WMD's and that's when you see real destruction.

Now imagine the weapons you could unleash 1000 years from now...
Sticks and stones?
Old 2012-08-24, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Mutant View Post
Sticks and stones?
Moar Mad Max plzkthx.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum