PSU: Cyssorside the New Expansion!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-06-21, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Re: Origin Free Game Giveaway

I liked Dragon Age... nice story, nice game... one of the best RPGs I have played in last couple of years.
Old 2012-06-21, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Got the e-mail yesterday, too.

I feel somewhat annoyed by this, since I already own both Spore and BF:BC2, so I don't really have a choice.

EDIT: Also, I've gotten these kinds of e-mails from Origin before, but only after I pre-ordered BF3. Perhaps that's the distinction (having pre-ordered a game in the past through Origin)?

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark

Last edited by Ailos; 2012-06-21 at 05:52 PM.
Old 2012-06-21, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Coreldan
Colonel

From europe, no mails..

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-06-21, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
duomaxwl
Captain

I preordered BF3, no email yet.
Old 2012-06-21, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
lMABl
Master Sergeant

No email here either, cant say I really care though, Spore was a failure, not really interested in Dragons Age, and I already have BC2.
Old 2012-06-22, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
UKSwiFT
Corporal

No mail in EU, not expecting to get one either. :|
Old 2012-06-22, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

I didn't get the email, I'm in the US and have bought things through Origin. Weird.

Haven't played Dragon Age. I want to, though. I haven't really been in a 'fantasy RPG' mood recently.

Spore isn't as great as the devs said it would be (I don't think any game is), but it's fun to start it up once in a while and make a cool/funny creature.

They described it as an MMO, multiple players would start out on this planet and your species would fight for dominance, advance into space exploration, and visit other planets, but it ended up a single player game. You can enable it so the other NPCs on your planet are other people's creations, but it's just not the same.

It's just one of those games that had a lot of potential, and ended up still being somewhat fun, but disappointing.
(See: Brink, Global Agenda, From Dust, et cetera)

I've heard good things about Dragon Age, and I see from the 15-post-previews that you already chose it, so good. ^.^

Last edited by Mr DeCastellac; 2012-06-22 at 06:17 PM.
Old 2012-06-22, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zulthus
Colonel

Yeah I was having fun with Dragon Age for a few hours until it got to the point where fights just got too difficult even on the 'easy' setting. I probably just didn't have the patience to set up tactics or really think about what I could do differently, but most of the time it just seemed like I never had enough health potions. It was really bad at this fight in some tower where you have to light a bonfire and you have to kill this 'ogre' boss... my team dropped like flies every 10 attempts I gave it until I gave up and just googled some tips... I ended up taunting him with the warrior and just having my mage and two archers knit the shit out of him while I kited him around the room. It was pretty boring, to say the least.

One thing I really like in RPG games is weapon/armor upgrades and loot... there really isn't anything like that in Dragon Age, and any upgrades come once every few hours because leveling up takes so long. You never really loot anything useful except the scarce health potion here and there.

So, I just downloaded Mass Effect 2, people have said it's good... I played the demo and I'm interested... going to see if this game can hold me over for many hours.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-06-22 at 06:29 PM.
Old 2012-06-22, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
lMABl
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
So, I just downloaded Mass Effect 2, people have said it's good... I played the demo and I'm interested... going to see if this game can hold me over for many hours.
Great game, I love the Mass Effect series they are excellent and very well done with an amazing story and characters! I finished 1 and 2 and started 3 but stopped early on cause I heard some that the ending just wasn't that up to par and they were making a DLC to fix it up, been waiting ever since. Just learned that they're releasing the DLC on the 26th so it looks like thats the game Ill be playing to hold me over.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
andehh
Corporal

Origin and EA!? it would take more then just free games to convince me to go down that route...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 2012-07-21, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Xazbot
Private

Hey why didn't I get that. Already have spore. Truth be told I quite enjoyed my time withit. But yeah pick up Dragon Age it's still better.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge