The Endless Resupply exploit + fix - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: thank god for pizza delivery
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-05, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Canaris
Contributor
General

The Endless Resupply exploit + fix

As most of you know players can use the equipment terminals to endlessly repair and reheal themselves even right in the middle of being shot, giving a very unfair advantage to defenders in certain instances.

I had a bit of a rage quit last night over it but instead of letting my fuming get he better of me I set about thinking of how to resolve it.

Instead of just slapping a cool down on the use of the term I realised that PS1 already had solved this issue

Medical Terminals/Stations an absurdly simply fix, add them into all outposts and towers near the spawn rooms or special dedicated areas and add a more advanced version into the major bases.

I think a wall mounted design similar to the Half Life franchise is better than the walk in ones from PS1, you'd always get that jerk who hogged it or went afk in it

Make it so resupplying at equipment terms doesn't heal/repair armour again like PS1 and you need to be more tactical.

Unlike the PS1 version that heals you automatically when your standing in it, you need to channel heal yourself pressing the use key but is disrupted by taking damage.
So if someone does sneaks up behind you and shoots you in the back he can kill you.

Like or Hate?

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-09-05, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hosp
First Sergeant

Re: The Endless Resupply exploit + fix

Not a bad idea. Though i think the devs are well aware of the issue and are more focused on bigger stability issues rather than minor gameplay exploits.
Old 2012-09-05, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
I don't get how this is even an exploit, this was done all the time in PS1.
resupplying at terms did not fill your HP back up and only fixed your armour if you swapped out to a different armour suit, like from Rexo to Agile or MAX.

Now with MAX's finally get a cooldown this is going to be even more important.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Old 2012-09-05, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Or just make it so switching classes doesn't refill your health?
Old 2012-09-05, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

I've already proposed this once in stream chat. My proposal was to refill health only (for non-Max units) and refill Ammo only for MAX units. Shields would regenerate anyway, and being alone as a MAX was never a good Idea.

This is my proposal, then, though the hold-e-to-heal Idea is nice too.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
Or just make it so switching classes doesn't refill your health?
This is already in the works they just didn't have in the code to support it.

Not a bad idea though from the OP

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-09-05, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
AgtPanda
Private

I had a similar problem but then I shot the perp in the head...

But really, I reckon the devs are making a fix, like Hamma said, so we don't have to worry. Because the devs run on coffee and team spirit, you can expect it to be put in the game Soon.
Old 2012-09-05, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hosp
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
This is already in the works they just didn't have in the code to support it.

Not a bad idea though from the OP

Damn I'm good.
Old 2012-09-05, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Canaris
Contributor
General

awesome to hear it's being addressed

Old 2012-09-05, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Qwan
Captain

They know of the exploit, I actually got in a fight with a NC max who stayed close to his terminal and kept running back to it to resupply. I know the dev have heard of this and probably have a fix for it already. I think as the beta goes along and we report issues like these they will come to us in patches like everything else. Gotta love beta
Old 2012-09-05, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

This will make the game even more of an attackers paradise (and defenders demoralization) than it already is.

Don't like to lose against a defense? The flip side of that is don't like to lose against an offense. Removing quick resupply and heal routes the defense, particularly with spawn generators being destroyable, but it does nothing to hinder the offense, who is free to MAX crash, then respawn fully healed from a Gal, etc.

Anyhow, I don't understand why people don't see how imbalanced the game is for defenders and why they get upset with the terminal issue, especially give how most defenses fail, save for the ticket system wins.
Old 2012-09-05, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
This will make the game even more of an attackers paradise (and defenders demoralization) than it already is.

Don't like to lose against a defense? The flip side of that is don't like to lose against an offense. Removing quick resupply and heal routes the defense, particularly with spawn generators being destroyable, but it does nothing to hinder the offense, who is free to MAX crash, then respawn fully healed from a Gal, etc.

Anyhow, I don't understand why people don't see how imbalanced the game is for defenders and why they get upset with the terminal issue, especially give how most defenses fail, save for the ticket system wins.
MAX suits are getting a timer and might not be pullable from Galaxies. People won't be able to spawn in them either.

I'd rather see MAX suits removed entirely then this ill-thought out solution TBH. They are becoming worthless.
Old 2012-09-05, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
MAX suits are getting a timer and might not be pullable from Galaxies. People won't be able to spawn in them either.

I'd rather see MAX suits removed entirely then this ill-thought out solution TBH. They are becoming worthless.
I was thinking more along these lines:
  1. Pull MAX units at WG.
  2. Put MAXes in Galaxy.
  3. Land Galaxy and flood capture points and spawn tube gen with MAXes.
  4. Attackers who die in sacrificial MAXes respawn at Galaxy and continue the zerg, while defenders can neither respawn nor heal/resupply.

Attackers Paradise, Defenders Demoralization (unless Medics and Engineers become invincible).
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-05, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

We're making the equip terminals no longer heal players to full.

We are probably going to add a very low regen to base health which would let you heal up over a minute or two so you do have a way to get back up to max health without requiring a medic or consumable health kit. This would be pretty useless for battles, so medics are still absolutely vital, but it will let you be more sustainable in the longer term gameplay. This MIGHT also come as an implant with some basic very weak health regeneration.
Old 2012-09-05, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Timithos
Master Sergeant

How about at least "heal to some"?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion