Do u think there will be unique empire ablilites? if so wat? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better then green eggs and ham!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-22, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Silves
Private

Do u think there will be unique empire ablilites? if so wat?

i think that there will be unique empire ablitlies. i think the vanu will be able to have more implants becuase of there advancement in improvements to the human body. I think TR is goign to have more certs becuase they r older and have more experience. I have no idea wat NC is gonna have unless theres is more vehicle certs.
Old 2003-03-22, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jakal
Staff Sergeant

the nc should have the power to roll over and die whimpering like pansies.

jk. nc should get slightly stronger armor.
Old 2003-03-22, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Venom
Sergeant

Originally posted by Jakal
the nc should have the power to roll over and die whimpering like pansies.

jk. nc should get slightly stronger armor.
Most damage + Most armor does not = fun for all.
Old 2003-03-23, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Camping Carl
Major

They do the most damage in one shot, but they fire much slower. If anybody inflicts bigger amounts of pain than the other emipres, it's TR.

The closest thing to special abilities is what the empires focus on.
NC = "If they can't kill you, you can kill them at your leisure".
translation: more armor

TR = "If you kill them quickly, they can't kill you."
translation: more damage

VS = "It's okay if you've got less armor and firepower than your enemies, you're faster than them. So when you're in a firefight, being fast will help you kill them because... uhh....because... "
translation:

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-03-23, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally posted by Camping Carl
VS = "It's okay if you've got less armor and firepower than your enemies, you're faster than them. So when you're in a firefight, being fast will help you kill them because... uhh....because... "
translation:
Word!
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-03-23, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

NC philosophy:
"Wait a second! we have the biggest guns on the f'kin planet! fire rate be damned, you meet us in a dark halway at close range, you're shredded hamburger."

Terran philosophy:
"Wait a second! we have the fastest guns on the f'kin planet! accuracy be damned, we can fill the air with as much flying lead as you are filled with carbon."

Vanu philosophy:
"Desist for a moment! We are in posession of the most accurate armaments on the entire planet! damage is irrellevant; we are fully capable of harming you more and missing less."

These pretty much sum up their specific abilities and goals in the way of weapons.

Also note: TR has the biggest armor, NC has the biggest guns, and the VS has the fastest toys.

(Minor edit, to make it easier to understand, and more emphasis)

Last edited by Sando138; 2003-03-23 at 11:54 AM.
Old 2003-03-23, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Kalam
Corporal

I don't know why so many ppl still think NC are the hard ones.
It was said several times before by the DEVs, that TR got the best armor and NC only got the biggest weapons.
TR weapons are firing fast but should only do average damage.

Also only the MAX got special abbilities.
Old 2003-03-23, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
The Prudential
Private

Not necessarily Kalam, most of the TR weapons are rapid firing, not just the Max. For example the TR chaingun, cycler, and Prowler are all examples of rapid firing TR weapons. On the other hand the NC have the slower, but more powerful weapons, in the form of the shotgun (forgot the name), and the Vanguard. Following this line of reasoning the TR can afford to be bad aims while the NC need to make sure they are on the mark. The NC need only be accurate every once in a while (or so we have been led to believe) to get kills since their weaponry is so powerful.

The Vanu, or so it seems, seem to have very mobile and accurate units. Their unique vehicles are very manueverable being hover, and their weapons are lasers. Also, the Vanu are a bit more flexible since their Empire specific weaponry can change from AP to regular rounds very rapidly to adapt to the situation. That is a unique advantage in an of itself.
Old 2003-03-23, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
�io
Lieutenant General

Don't forget Vanu's badass strafing vehicles!
Old 2003-03-23, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Following this line of reasoning the TR can afford to be bad aims
As any CS player will tell you, spray 'n pray doesn't work too well at killing people from a distance. Gotta keep those crosshairs tight unless your in their face.
Old 2003-03-23, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Dudes, like the only thin really is armor, vehicles, and weapons, thats the only abilites there are.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-03-23, 05:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Terran philosophy:
"Wait a second! we have the fastest guns on the f'kin planet! accuracy be damned, we can fill the air with as much flying lead as you are filled with proteins, carbohydrates, sugars, and amino acids."
hehe, have to remember thatone... good one
Old 2003-03-23, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Ive heard it said that the NC max has the most armor (not counting the shield). We'll have to wait and see.

I dont think any empires have special abilities, its more of a different playing style. TR rely on thier high rate of fire to fill the air with lead, NC rely on the dmg of their guns and need to be accurate, and VS rely on their speed and accuracy to keep them out of harms way.
Old 2003-03-23, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Subliminal
First Sergeant

Please dont double post newb u made 2 post about this. Also there is a FAQ at the top of the forum with basically all or alot of the known info. Also check around the site.
Old 2003-03-23, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Originally posted by Kalam
I don't know why so many ppl still think NC are the hard ones.
It was said several times before by the DEVs, that TR got the best armor and NC only got the biggest weapons.
TR weapons are firing fast but should only do average damage.

Also only the MAX got special abbilities.
I just think people think of pure power when they think of shotguns, thats why they think the NC is tough.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion