Concept Idea for Close Air Support Vehicle in PS:N - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where PlanetSide > Real Life
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the Warhorse in Planetside Next?
Yes, would be a great compliment to the other vehicles. 21 80.77%
No, the phantasm and the galaxy will suffice. 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-18, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
theSpatchula
Private

Re: Concept Idea for Close Air Support Vehicle in PS:N

again there are kinks, but you def bring up a good point. I think that again comes to the argument that survivability of the crew and the ship are based on the abilities of the pilot, but could possibly allow some sort of cushion to damage of the occupants while on the Warhorse. Also remember its up to the 2 chain gunners and the occupants should be communicating where targets pop up.

My friend and I are still attempting to work out kinks and all this input is huge help for the Development Manuscript. The manuscript will provide all information for the vehicle and lay it out in extensive detail for anyone curious about our full view of the Warhorse.
Old 2011-04-18, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

This is a great Idea, I am a pilot in PS and very often find my self wishing I could help transport my squadies who don't have air. Very professional job your doing to! I'm all for this idea, but let me throw in another idea to top it off. What if this thing was modular? There could be a Support version, a transport version, and a CAS version.

The CAS version would be equiped with rocket pods like the reaver, 2 high anti Infantry damage weapons, and no passenger slots. The rockets would be slaved to the pilot seat and have less DPS than reaver rockets but more splash damage. *Low damage big splash to supress enemies*

The support version would have no gunners and would repair / heal any infantry units
around it with a resupply term that could only replenish ammo stocks *Charge with NTUs, no NTUs = no ammo*.

Blackhawks IRL are multi purpose. They fill many rolls and this ship should too.
Old 2011-04-18, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
theSpatchula
Private

We were considering that approach, but we felt that most of the other Air Vehicles cover those jobs appropriately. However, I would find having three variations of the Warhorse as you listed a nice addition and would provide more choice of exactly what you wanted to do with each air vessel.

I do worry though in doing so it may make some other air vehicles quite obselete, and thank you we are trying to take this as a serious proposal to SOE and the designers of Planetside Next.

Last edited by theSpatchula; 2011-04-18 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2011-04-18, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, propose it as having a main purpose; half squad transport with fire support, a niche nothing else provides exactly.
Old 2011-04-18, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

A flying Deliverer is what I've always wished PS had. I'd spend 6 pts of my certs for it.

Old 2011-04-19, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
theSpatchula
Private

Update 04/19/11 : The Development Manuscript has been posted, however the Background information of the Warhorse is still in development. Please take a look at the Manuscript, and let us know what you think.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...ZmI4YTdi&hl=en

Last edited by theSpatchula; 2011-04-19 at 09:42 PM.
Old 2011-04-19, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Looks great, few comments though:

1. Rappel mode; why not just have people hot drop out of it as with any other aircraft?
2. Size; it carries 7 people, yet in the scale diagram it appears to be smaller than the Lib? I would have thought it would be at least 50% larger, if not double the size.
3. Dates; when is PS set? I always presumed we were hundreds of years in the future.
Old 2011-04-19, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
theSpatchula
Private

Yea, I have to go back and fix a few things of course.
This was the semi rough draft of the book.
The final draft will have all revisions as well as the background information for the Warhorse.

I forgot to change Rappel to Hotdrop Function, but yes its basically a hotdrop
Old 2011-04-19, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
theSpatchula
Private

If we can get feedback, and poll votes would be much appreciated.
We will make changes where need be, we are really trying to get this vehicle to where it suits the likes and needs of all.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 2011-04-21, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
theSpatchula
Private

Yup more updates...
Update 04/22/11 : Prototypes of Warhorse have been spotter on Cyssor.
Photographic Evidence Below ( Wanted to see what Warhorse looked like with Planetside One Engine )
http://img194.imageshack.us/i/warhorseps1.jpg/
Old 2011-04-22, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

It seems too much like the Galaxy too me. It should be more streamlined or at least lighter looking. More like a large Lib than a small Gal. Or what the Reaver would look like with a Pilot, Co-Pilot (nose/tail gunner), two Door gunners, and two passenger seats (or perhaps one MAX seat). Huey meets Cobra sort of thing.

Old 2011-04-22, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Jonny
Master Sergeant

It seems like you've just taken the galaxy artwork and stretched it, while in the process making the cockpit area way to large proportionally. Why not come up with your own design, sketched or modelled which has a different look than the galaxy.

Otherwise the concept seems good.
Old 2011-04-22, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
theSpatchula
Private

As mentioned the vehicle was ment to be an alteration of the Galaxy. There is a full back story, but it has yet to be posted. The concept may not be to your liking and I apologize, but remember we aren't expecting this to look 100% like ours if it is picked up by SOE. Our concept is merely a stepping stone in a direction we hope leads to light armored tactical troop transport aircraft.

We are working on some variants of the vehicle, but those are still in sketch stages.
PS: The Planetside One render of the Warhorse is merely an extermely photoshopped picture of several vehicles put together. We dont have the rendering software or the tools to physically render the vehicle.

Last edited by theSpatchula; 2011-04-22 at 07:17 AM.
Old 2011-04-22, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Nice and well executed presentation of your idea! I have always wanted to see something like that in the game.

PS.: No Phantasm please.
Old 2011-04-22, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
theSpatchula
Private

The Variant of the Warhorse will be posted some time today. This design is slightly more sleek and less clunk then that of the previous concept. It resembles more of helicopter, reaver, and misquito type vehicles.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion