Hazardous Enviorments - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bite into our Slim Jim
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-04-21, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Hazardous Enviorments

Alot of players would probably gripe at this and whine because something like this might be hard or kill them, but here it is. Realize these wouldn't be incredible common, they just happen now and then or for areas that are few and not large.

Enviorments that are dangerous and potentially fatal. Some examples,

Areas with high radiation, acidic lakes, geysers, lava spurts, and falling rocks.

In more detail, say on one continent, there are a few areas that have high radiation. Any soldier in it suffers slow damage after some time from being exposed, and vehicales have their armor slowly degraded and emit radation for some time if in the area for awhile. And say the geysers over an area randomly spew poisonous gases in short burts. Obvisouly effecting soldiers. And different armor will be effected differently. Such as a MAX suit will be less effected if at all by gases than the basic suit.

In a cave, if they have them, randomly rocks could fall from the celieng have have a higher chance of falling when battles erupt. And for the lava, maps that have volcanic enviorments, could randomely spew lava and if extreme could form small rivers of oozing lava that block ground paths randomly changing the enviorment constantly.

Now im sure some people are already would bitch about this because the thought of a falling rock killing them would cause all kinds of "teh nerdz rage!" but honestly would make the game feel a bit more alive and less static.
Old 2011-04-22, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Hazardous Enviorments

Not a bad idea. We already have something like it on Searhus. I think it would add to the "life" of the landscape which is always a good thing. Plus, I'm all for having more natural choke points in the world, and this idea can definitly facilitate more strategic choke points.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion