My thoughts on beta - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Are you local?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-11-05, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
CoolAid
Private

My thoughts on beta

I think this is the most popular fan site for Planetside. Ive searched and havent found one with a more active board. So I must imagine that the staff of this board will/should be invited to beta test. So we will know when they send out the emails because they will be one of the first to get them...

Correct me if im wrong.

P.S. I played planetside two years ago at E3 in LA. I cant belive its still not out. It was playable then.
Old 2002-11-05, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

I played it back then too!!

But at E3 in 2000, they didn't have a lot of the coding done. When we were asking them about the game they told us it was pre-alpha, and what they had was just what they had whipped up for E3 to show it off.

I was there with a friend who was one of the Producers of Survivor the game, and I was surprissed at how much more info they gave him about the game then they gave me.

Then again I guess it pays to be part of the industry, since they were picking his brain about UT2K2 (which just came out).

As far as other active boards go planetside.info has a pretty good one that was the most active, but in the last few days things have really picked up around here.

It's nice to have all the people in our forums
Old 2002-11-05, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Another fairly active forum is www.planetside.info/forum

They don't have their website up yet... kinda... but from what I've seen it's satisfactory (not to bash PSI at all). PSU is in a format I like leaps and bounds more. Easy to navigate, looks good, and has good staff/staph. Can't get better than that!

But yes. Glad to have ya aboard!
Old 2002-11-05, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

Check out our links section for a few more, the only 2 that actually have people alive on the staff are PSU/PSI the others are fairly dead

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-06, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

There is no such thing as "pre-alpha".. heh
Old 2002-11-06, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Your right in the fact that there is not a pre-alpha stage in software devlopment. Or at least not one that people ever talk about. The comment I made was what was really said to me and my friend at E3.

He asked them "So is this a beta build?" and the guy laughed and said "More like pre-alpha" meaning that it wasn't really a build at all. Just something they had whipped up for the show.

That was a long time ago. Infact at the time that comment was made Dave G. (PS's Producer) was still working for Dynamix trying to sort out Tribes 2.

Now if that wasn't a "pre-alpha" version of the game I don't know what would be.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion