[VS] Miller (EU) - Vanu Corp [VC] - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your boss is probably browsing the forums too.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty

Old 2013-05-27, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Stanis
Master Sergeant

Re: [VS] Miller (EU) - Vanu Corp [VC]

Had fun with the Lattice?
Personally I know we lose a bit of strategic game play until we get more continents and an inter-continental lattice working.

We've had some great lattice inspired fights. The scale of battles has been huge.

I took our platoon from Indar Excavation to Coramed.
We established flank sunderers south and a little North West of concentrated enemy forces.
We had squads push rock to rock creating cover with smoke where necessary until close to the ridge that is the edge of the Coramed plain.
We had squads using supressive fire.

Two liberators were equipped with Zephyrs and with our positions ready they commenced a bombing run coming low over the peak of Indar Comm Array.
The libs bombed a heavily smoked enemy position causing disarray.

Four squads pushed the ridge and cleared it.
Squad Beacons and Squad Deploy gave us two 'free respawns' back into the fight if needed. We were running medic heavy.
The enemy initial enemy sunderer was dropped quickly, the second was taken out before dead eenmy forces could redeploy.

Our infantry forces pushed to the walls of Coramed. Smoke always between our troops and enemy forces.
At this time friendly armour in the area despite being asked to Push Now realised they weren't getting locks/shot at and came in.
About a dozen sunderers turned up soon after.

A single decisive tactical action taking a ridge.

You could say we're enjoying the battles !
Old 2013-07-01, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
yonman
Corporal

Sometimes things just work out well and a plan comes together.

Tonight saw VC and UBAD in platoon strength marching against the NC.
We started our night by resecuring a push against Crimson Bluff. We observed the NC scouts move in and retrieve their sunderer but quickly and decisively got that spawn point taken out. Once booted, we moved in ground vehicles on Palisade, always a favorite for VC members. Palisade was taken easily and we made quick and brutal work of East Canyon checkpoint.

NC, however, had other plans and move in on Palisade behind us. We returned to the palisade and a fast paced resecure was mounted. Our force was split in two to make a pincer move - east and west. After a brief fire-fight the point was taken back with some seconds to spare but an NC counter attack was immediately upon us. A force of light armor and infantry engaged us from the west and briefly from the east. Both forces were destroyed as the defense turned into a rolling assault to take out their spawn points and repel their armor.

When we were done, the next stage of our assault began: Howling pass was quickly taken by our forces without a fight. We rushed back in time to save East canyon and then proceeded to assault Briggs Laboratories. VC took the brunt of behind-the-lines action with most of our forces in the base's center, fighting a fierce NC opposition. A quarter of our troops held back enemy armor and air from the north and gave our lads the ground some needed breathing room. Briggs was taken shortly afterwards.

Our services were once more needed: Howling pass was under attack. This defense was to become the main event for the evening.

When we arrived, NC had taken down the local shields and have were about to roll an armor column into the base. Again, VC found itself fighting multiple fronts, this time in the strange vertical and high speed action of Howling Pass. Part of our force was dispatched to handle the NC holding the Western generator. The eastern was of little concern - the NC seemed reluctant to make the long trek from the east anyway. The two points NC held were ignored. Quick tactical footwork saw the generator defenders overwhelmed and the generator brought back online. We then simultaneously moved on two fronts: The western gate was secured and the NC armor pushed back. The NC holding points B and C were slowly but surely eroded and finally broken by a smaller force with home-court advantage.

NC did not appreciate this treatment and came back with Armor, air and mechanized infantry, a platoon sized force. Fighting was fierce and once again forced us to multiple fronts. As NC were once more repelled, we turned our own efforts outside and pushed with mechanized infantry to the west.

This night, from a tactical perspective was allot of fun. We held off attackers in both an advantageous position and a difficult one. The numbers we dealt with kept the western front of Indar free of NC - at least for a time.

Do squad coordinated tactics sound exciting to you? Is the first thing you think of, when you see dozens of enemy infantry crest the hill, "Finally! a challenge!" ? Join us!

Last edited by yonman; 2013-07-01 at 04:47 PM.
Old 2013-07-05, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Severin
Private

Hello i hope i can Play with you because a lone is this game not so funny. so im 26 im a Chef and live in Germany but i hope i can Play in a english Speaker Outfit! i try to loggt in your Forum but some Thing is broken. my ingame Name is S3v3rin so please give me your ts ip and we can have a talk and see whats happend . hope cu you soon and no worry i can speak good english but not write XD cu
Old 2013-07-29, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Stanis
Master Sergeant

The devs asked us on twitter how we manage ground armor.

We had some fun with an open platoon on Esamir saturday night that maybe answers that question:

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty