Planetside does Gumball Rally - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: but our princess is in another castle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-08-25, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrPaul
Major

Planetside does Gumball Rally

Well, today on Werner we had our first evar Gumball Rally. Went very well, apart from when we crashed the server because too many people went thru a WarpGate at the same time...
I took a few shots, and made a few short film clips, which I put together and will be putting on PSMovies asap. expect that here soon.

I got loads of kills with mines (I was one of the few raiders - I believe I was the most successfull too) and got lots of tells from people impressed by my ability to predict where people were going. Threshers & Basilisks were my prime targets, and I mustve got at least 8 of each.

Oh, and the movie is VERY lo-fi And the editing is supercheap, as I did it all in Windows Movie Maker ( ) So if anyone wants to tell me how to do it a million times better, Im willing to hear all about it.

EDIT: A taster of what's to come.

Last edited by MrPaul; 2004-08-25 at 06:09 PM.
Old 2004-08-25, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
I Hate Pants
General

i would of taken a sunderer. What do you think was the least used vehicle there?
Old 2004-08-26, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
MrPaul
Major

Well, I know that the marauder & Thresher were most used, and not that many Enforcers. 3 or 4 Sunderers (you got points for how many people were in your vehicles, as well as how fast it was). I saw at least 2 Switchblades (oddly enough, not the fastest), and many other ATVs. The support crews were amazing though, so many Lodes & Galsflying around behind everyone. Least used though? Prowler maybe. There were two ambushing the others with myself, but apart from that there was only one I think. There were also a fair number of lightnings, but not as many as the Threshers etc.

The threshers & ATVs wouldve won it easily if it wasn't for the hundreds of mines over the 4/5 conts!

My activation key for PSMovies never came through.. I'll try again, unless anyone else knows anywhere that does movie uploads? (its only 886kb n all! Yes, it really is super shitty quality.)

Some TR official reminded everyone of the rules, and managed to say "You can't shoot anyone, unless you're a Raider..." so all the raiders thought they were free to shoot (the vehicles that is, saboteurs were welcome) the others. Whoopsie!
Old 2004-08-26, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

gumball raly?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-08-26, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MrPaul
Major

Ummm, London to Moscow in supercars. Rich gits Cross Country in cars. There was one in America too, NY to LA or something..
Old 2004-08-26, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by MrPaul
Ummm, London to Moscow in supercars. Rich gits Cross Country in cars. There was one in America too, NY to LA or something..
yea, NY to San FRan I think. my dad almost entered it this year but he couldnt go. maybe next year...
Old 2004-08-27, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

Ummm, London to Moscow in supercars. Rich gits Cross Country in cars
yer, jackass did it

and it wasn't London, they were banded from entering London, it was a small town not far from London
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion