*sigh* more cr 5 problems - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In Hamma we trust.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-12, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Poor poor emerald players. :'(
Old 2003-11-12, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
InfiniteStorm
Corporal

The VS CR5's on emerald would rather find a good fight than just start recalling ever 5 minutes. Our home bases always get hacked while we are on Forseral or Hossin, but we continue to push on those continents. I would rather fight a good fight for all my planetside days and end up with 2 bases by the time I log than win the day by keeping our base count high so I can feel good about myself when I look at yesterday's winner.

If you are assualting another continent and you have bases there, guess what, you have a link. This may come as a surprise but all lattice links don't come from locked home continents. I personally don't mind many of the CR5's for the VS. They seem to just want a good fight. Most global spam is something like "If you are looking for a good fight Amerish needs some help and Hossin has spaces left open." Not "OMG, they have a base on our home continent, if we don't defend now we won't get our names up saying we won for the day." You wouldn't believe how many times a day the NC locks either Oshur or Esamir while we are on Forseral and Cyssor. We don't care all that much, you go cap your empty bases and have fun with all that, we'll continue to have a very good fight with the TR and NC elsewhere. If we start being pushed back on a continent we are assualting, then we will go back and resecure Oshur, Esamir and Amerish and then move on from there.

I also have to say fighting on the same 3 damn continents every day for a month gets real old. That is why I like assualting other continents. I know I could probably draw you a diagram of Amerish's exact contour and layout with base names and lattice links just from memory I used to go there so much.

I don't know why everyone puts so much emphasis on home continents, there are no sanc strikes so why do you care so much?

my 1.47 cents
Old 2003-11-12, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

With all due respect, we should let them have it if they launch an attack like that. We have 2 other home continents with links from them plus the option to run bases neutral.

Why doesent anyone come to ish? Because they dont care about it, they dont want to spend every day defending it. They want to play offensivly not defensivly. Pulling our forces to ish ruins any offensive, those on esimir were just getting steamrolled because everyone tucked tail and ran. I was one of them because I really didnt feel like getitng owned because everyone left to ISH.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-12, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

And what really pisses me off is when my squad and a few others have launched an offensive say on amerish.. and some CR5 starts cont spamming "DO NOT ATTACK AMERISH!@#!@# ATTACK SEARHUS!!"

Thats bullshit, and that CR5 should be hung.

Old 2003-11-12, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Fingerbob
Private

with all due respect back Hamma, if we'd got the two squads or so that comm were asking for within the first five minutes, no recall order would have been necessary - we'd have secured and relocked without hurting the esamir attack at all. but getting people to actually *pipe up* and offer their squads is getting more and more difficult as time goes by.

when I'm on active cont comm, I'm sure you see me *all the time* asking "we need blah at blah, /tell me". I know for a fact I should be getting at least 10 possible responses, but I'm lucky if I get one, and they're nearly always from the same group of guys. I can ask till i'm blue in the face ... drop this gen, drop those tubes, repair that gen, air cover for this, gal for that. it's mostly a waste of time, because very few people bother to reply ... and I'm fairly sure there's a large bunch of CR4s on the continent, bitching about what we're trying to do. well, i'm gonna say it now. WAKE UP AND HELP.

I know you and chikin are heading for 5, and i'm looking forward to it (I like both you guys, I've played beside you before) for two reasons : one, it's gonna be a baptism of fire, and two, it'll give us a few more people to play the "i've got all the XP I need, now how can we WIN" game.

until you get there ... please talk to the cr5s. tell them what you're up to. tell them what your POV is. tell them tac and strat info from the ground. use command! that's what it's there for! because right now, I can tell you the names of 30 or so CR5s, and probably 20 or so active SLs that I work with regularly ... but I'm damned if I know for sure ANYONE who's CR4. I know this is because of the shitty way the game handles CR4 <-> CR5 comms, but it doesn't have to be like a brick wall.

and here's a bit of story from a few weeks back that might amuse you moaners ... after Morph started up his "Emerald TR CR5 are idiots" threads on the OF, we decided to let him call the shots for a day. he did exactly what all you guys seem to want ... we didn't keep any conts locked, we pushed out fast zergs thru nme territory, all for about 3 hours. by which point, VS had locked Ish, NC had locked Cery, and we were left with a couple of bases on For. and it stayed like that all night. if that's your ldea of fun, then tell me right now so I can quit in peace
Old 2003-11-12, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

It would be nice if that /sitrep command would work. Its such a pain in the ass to do a /tell blahalbah when your in the middle of a fight. I tested that /sitrep with a CR5 on Forseral once and he said he wasnt getting it

/me adds to interview question list

Old 2003-11-12, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
BDMJ
First Sergeant

Just curious, but how long have you been cr5 fingerbob?

After the first month or so, I just stopped trying and began to just give advice to the new guys so they could bang their heads against the wall. I know of maybe 10 non-cr5/my outfit people that actively coordinate with the cr5s.
Old 2003-11-12, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
EarlyDawn
Major General

Sitreps work for me...
Old 2003-11-12, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

TRCR5:OMG! SPITFIRE ON FORSERAL! ROLL THOSE PROWLERS!
Old 2003-11-13, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Fingerbob
Private

Bishop, about 2 months now ... kinda getting to the same point, for probably the same reasons. so much about this game I love, and so much about it that's driving me mental. I'm heading for that point where I just keep my mouth shut, and tell my outfit and a few personal friends where all the good fighting is, and let the empire do their thing. Kinda sucks, coz the coordinated fights are the best, hands down (two actively commanded sides against each other, lattice breaks all over, ground and air cover set up in ambush spots, etc ... LOVE it.) but this last month, it seems all the majority want to do is pick the closest AMS to lemming out of.
Old 2003-11-13, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ZionsFire
TRCR5:OMG! SPITFIRE ON FORSERAL! ROLL THOSE PROWLERS!

yep, thats the essence of it
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion