Beta CD Shipping - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Punking off EQ fans since '02
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-17, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AmbientOSX
Corporal

Misc Info
Beta CD Shipping

Ok, now its gone a little too long and its past the days when many of us were supposed to have our CD. I live in Florida and I know I am pretty far away from San Diego, but this is absurd. If SOE TRUELY mailed it out on Monday, at least half the country should have it by now. But when I hear some people in california didnt get the CD, it makes me wonder... will SOE make its weekend deadline? I am optimistic for Friday considering www.USPS.com says I should get the package in 3 days and I even buffered it with one day on each end... being generous. It may come tomorrow, it may not... but the postal service really must be jammed... [Section Removed]

Last edited by AmbientOSX; 2003-04-17 at 01:13 PM.
Old 2003-04-17, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gammit10
Sergeant

Whine: "'Well I didnt get into beta, you should be happy your in atleast.' Dont wanna hear it."

Reply: too bad. Cry me a river for those who arne't in. You're gonna' play a game for free.
Old 2003-04-17, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Baphomet
Corporal

Originally posted by Gammit10
Whine: "'Well I didnt get into beta, you should be happy your in atleast.' Dont wanna hear it."

Reply: too bad. Cry me a river for those who arne't in. You're gonna' play a game for free.
Wow, so quick to get snippy with the beta testers! Are you really in a state of passive aggresion towards us because we're (overly?) excited about making it in? Perhaps seething with envy? Likely scenario if you ask me .
Old 2003-04-17, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

Argh this is making me angry. I want my damn CDs already, I live in Texas, and haven't recieved mine yet.
Old 2003-04-17, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Urthstripe
Private

Interesting...

A lot of people in Florida received their discs yesterday, or are getting them today. I like how this is working out. USPS really knows the layout of the nation. I always thought Texas was closer to California then Florida... What a wake up call. Guess I should apply for a geography class.
Old 2003-04-17, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Yeah because I'm sure the fact that SOE mailed them right around one of the busiest mail days of the year has nothing to do with it

Mailing the CDs a day before the deadline for taxes to be mailed was a rather dumb move imo. Why not mail them early last week and not open the beta to the new testers until this week or something. Although then you'd have people whining that they have the CDs but can't play /shrug

Oh and for all you who didn't get into Beta I feel for you. At least the ones that don't complain about the people who want their CDs. To the ones that are saying "well at least you got in!" I can only say: Yup must suck for you, Jacakss

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-04-17, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am quite certain we will obtain our coveted discs tomorrow. Patience is a virtue kin only to those on the path to wisdom.

The game will come.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-04-17, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sputty
Banned

I live in Canada so Ive got to deal with retarded custom agents. They probably think it's crack or guns
Old 2003-04-17, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Well i live in california, south bay area, justa few hours away and i STILL havent gotten my cd. Well, the mail hasnt cometoday yet, so i hope it comes today. I doubt it would get to florida today, if it gets HERE today.

Although, you never know, i might be wrong

Old 2003-04-17, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Yeah... I've always been the guy who never got into Beta. So, I have a few words for the people who were not so lucky and enjoy whining about the people who actually got in:

It happens, so buck up.

It just didn't happen to me this time.
Old 2003-04-17, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Confectrix
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am quite certain we will obtain our coveted discs tomorrow. Patience is a virtue kin only to those on the path to wisdom.

The game will come.
they dont ship on good friday, so it will be today or monday
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-04-17, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Mr. Vulcan:

I wish they did not ship on Good Friday. Sadly, they do [USPS]. It is not a "national" holiday. Being one of the three holiest days of the year, I am disappointed, however, I know for a fact, mail is delivered.

Check the holiday calander at the USPS.com website. You will clearly see Good Friday is NOT listed.

Tomorrow it is.

Regards.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-04-17, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

??? I called them?? they said no deliveries tomarrow???

Stupid secretiaries dont know anything

Well, then tomarrow it is all, best of luck in getting the cds!
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-04-17, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
air_head1
Corporal

rofl Sputty yup i agree i think our cd will probably arrive sometime 2004
Old 2003-04-17, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

To further substantiate my claim of deliveries tomorrow please reference this link where you will find a list of "important dates" the United States Postal Service (USPS) does NOT deliver. If a date is not on the list, deliveries and mail operations continue for that date.

Link:

http://usps.com/communications/news/uspscalendar.htm

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion