How to fix the TR mini-chaingun (and the other HA weapons) - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I have got to get me one of these!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-13, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Roderick
Corporal

Re: How to fix the TR mini-chaingun (and the other HA weapons)

Agreed. No alternate ability for the Lasher. Lets stick to the main gun and correct whatever issues it has if any.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Rolfski
Major

The changed the MCG on the test server today. It's more of a long range weapon now and they fixed the left-right click exploit so enjoy it while it lasts. Right pic is the new MCG:

Why they want the MCG to be more of a long range weapon (better velocity, better ADS aim, lower hip aim, longer reload) I don't understand tbh. Full-auto bullet hoses is not exactly what you want for longer ranges, you're better off with TMG 50-stats like weapons for that. I thought the MCG was designed as a CQB suppression weapon.

As for aesthetics, it looks dorky for sure. Not really the potent look you expect with a weapon like this. But if it has ADS, you can't really adopt the PS1 design.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Roderick
Corporal

I can see the MCG visually being a longer range weapon at the sacrifice of mobility. That with the need to burst fire anyway for long range targets sounds like a good compromise and not game breaking.

Smart enemy players will still be able to pick off any MCG users that keep themselves in the open due to the mobility loss depending on the individual players play style.
Old 2013-06-13, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

The only thing I would like to see on my lasher is something that lessens the aoe splash damage. The problem with the lasher is that very often you would need to swap it with something else midfight/midbattle because too many friendlies are around but you cant and you are stuck with it. It is less of an issue with the NC/TR weapons because those can still use their weapons in their respective combat niche as they do not have to fear to be weapon locked all the time. The lasher is combat niche is being a nice weapon as long as no friendlies are around. Which in a game thats so obsessed with numbers is a flawed concept.

The last thing the Lasher needs is anything else with aoe because it doesn't fix it's main problem, being the aoe. It's nice when nobody is around, but once too many teammates show up its effectiveness drops significantly.
Old 2013-06-14, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
camycamera
Major

the standard heavy assault weapon for the TR HA, the TR CARV, is absolutely amazing.

i have a 4x red dot on it, with laser sight and a flash suppressor, and it is BEAST. check my kill feed right now
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion