idiot event idea. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can be used as a floatation device.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-06-30, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Flisher
Private

Re: idiot event idea.

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
When you have 65 percent pop versus 34 or so... it isn't a contest. It isn't even a fight. Its a slaughter.
In the event of tonight...

The VS (50% GOTR) defended the Ceryshen in a 2 vs 1 fight, and NC got their ass handled in a doggy bag with 0 base captured at the end of the event...
Old 2012-06-30, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Yea, we defended Cery like a boss, event was epic, I rather enjoyed them!

That said, BREWKO has always been pretty... heavy-handed, unfair and community killing... yea.

But I had fun!

Last edited by RedKnights; 2012-06-30 at 09:29 PM.
Old 2012-06-30, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Meatball Mobeus
Master Sergeant

I'm not even going to bother with reading the entire thread and just throw this out there.

The VS were the ones that were out popped the entire event from what I noticed.

You guys could of pushed out of those towers are any point if you would of just worked as a team. Couple of Oses, and if you would of brought that armor column in at the Nerrivik tower instead, you more than likely would have pushed out and really gave us a run for our money.

But you didn't. The VS worked as a team the entire event, whether we were supporting that bridge to getting to Nerrivik ASAP to defend it. Not to mention all those who spent the entire time fixing the bases that you all tried to drain.

So in case you missed it. Events like this generally require team work, empire wide. Yes we had the advantage at the bridge, but what was stopping you guys from forming up, and going around to hit us from behind?

Anyway I had a blast leading GOTR with my fellow officers during the event, and I'm saddened that you guys on NC didn't enjoy it, but like I said. Teamwork is everything in this game.
Old 2012-06-30, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

nobody on NC gave a damn about brewko's stupid idea.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-30, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Meatball Mobeus
Master Sergeant

I'm sorry to hear that, but the initial push that got you guys two bases was pretty awesome to record even though I was getting my ass whooped.
Old 2012-06-30, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Meatball Mobeus View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, but the initial push that got you guys two bases was pretty awesome to record even though I was getting my ass whooped.
TBH, we apparently got to the bridge and everyone got ADD and yawned and went to cyssor instead. I theorise that brewko didn't like that I was right and took it out on me. I'm told that he's petty quite often...

Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-30, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Meatball Mobeus
Master Sergeant

He use to be from what I remember, hes been nothing but kind to me and my Outfit so far.

Perhaps he was to hard on you. I'm not excusing it but the guy did have to deal with non stop bitching from WildVS and a few others when some NC got turned into Black Ops for a bit. So maybe he was just over it, maybe you did go out of line of a few times. I don't know. I wasn't there, but keep in mind that the guy gets bitched at more than most people do by a long shot. More so when hes trying to run an event that is supposed to be fun for everyone. You can disagree but simply not playing in said event, instead of complaining about it over and over and over.....

Now as for him silencing you, I do think he should of given you at least one warning if he didn't. Even if you did cause a problem the night before. You do have the right to voice your opinion, at least until you become belligerent about it.
Old 2012-06-30, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Meatball Mobeus View Post
He use to be from what I remember, hes been nothing but kind to me and my Outfit so far.

Perhaps he was to hard on you. I'm not excusing it but the guy did have to deal with non stop bitching from WildVS and a few others when some NC got turned into Black Ops for a bit. So maybe he was just over it, maybe you did go out of line of a few times. I don't know. I wasn't there, but keep in mind that the guy gets bitched at more than most people do by a long shot. More so when hes trying to run an event that is supposed to be fun for everyone. You can disagree but simply not playing in said event, instead of complaining about it over and over and over.....

Now as for him silencing you, I do think he should of given you at least one warning if he didn't. Even if you did cause a problem the night before. You do have the right to voice your opinion, at least until you become belligerent about it.
Ask anyone I've ever played with. Ask anyone in SAS, PG, SuperTroopers or Blue Lions, I am one of the single most constructive and helpful CR5s that currently exists. Additionally, I have the respect of a number of my enemies. WildVS for one, is someone I talk with often. Dart of DT is another. Just before brewko's event, I was helping Nobel with his event on the NC side of it despite the fact that I should have been running ops with my outfit.

Beliggerant? Nope. I offered and suggested other targets other than his. Plain and simple. He classifies that as disruption even if they were at the time, poplocked. Take note I've NEVER once been silenced before last night since 2005-6 when I gained CR5. I have never once been warned for anything.

This is NOTHING except blatant abuse of admin privilege

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-06-30 at 10:23 PM.
Old 2012-06-30, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Meatball Mobeus
Master Sergeant

I wasn't saying you were, because, again. I don't have a NC Cr5 so I wasn't there.
Old 2012-07-01, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

perma-silence hurts, blame yourself

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-07-01, 03:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
perma-silence hurts, blame yourself
Every time you log in, the rest of anyone with a single brain cell facepalms.

Old 2012-07-01, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Meatball Mobeus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
Every time you log in, the rest of anyone with a single brain cell facepalms.

I'm going to be completely honest, if thats the type of attitude you showed the night before and during the event its not really a mystery as to why you got silenced.
Old 2012-07-01, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Aesir
Private

The VS had the great advantage of NC CR5's, the initial push was a pure failure, we had CR5's drawing guys away from it to do the AIR CAV event, our initial target was Pina, we didn't even made it close there.

Brewko hates every other empire than VS and let's us feel that every time he can and this is a fact. Just compare cery vs amerish in a defensive battle, it's way easier to hold if you keep air dominance, not to mention dropship center vs AMP station as capital ... not to mention what happened to the TR after they had to defend ...

Our CR5's had the zerg running with their heads against your brick wall bridge, anyone trying to bypass the bridge was "outnumbered" because 90% of the NC were at that damn bridge, I should have taken pics of my reveal friendly, it just looked sad.

SG pulled out after about 2 hours, blowing gen's was no option because there was no link to break, you had tech from two sides, so we tried to take all the towers in the south of the bridge, do an armorpush in a long drive around the bridge, we simply got outnumbered everywhere because of the main zerg being at the bridge.

We should have let the cont go full purple again and stopped halfway in the initial 5 minutes, and ditch the whole event, that were the most wasted 2 hours of planetside I ever had, defending on amerish was even more fun than that. If Brewko will make a comeback as admin in PS2 I will not join the server he manages for sure, even if that means that I have to play with a much higher ping because of that.

Last edited by Aesir; 2012-07-01 at 06:47 AM.
Old 2012-07-01, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
WarbirdTD
Corporal

These events are pretty crappy for the following reasons:

1) There is no point to be doing this over and over again... except to irritate us. If you want us to have all vehicles, don't you have the power to just make it a vehicle holiday?
2) It's Planetside and we don't need events to have fun shooting each other in the face.
3) The lag in these bases is unholy. I don't remember it being this bad in 2003-2005 when there were comparable populations. If this is your way getting new people interested in PS2, bugs and old netcode isn't something you want to show them.
4) Meteors. Stop it.
5) Interrupting previously planned community-driven events that are even on the Planetside2.com page? That makes you look like an idiot or a jerk. Take your pick.

I've enjoyed my time back in Planetside, but it's not because of the events. It's because of all the old friends that have come back to send the game on its way.
Old 2012-07-01, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

The ONLY event that has ever been worth doing is the 'all tech weekends' they ran every so often.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion