idiot event idea. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's a Hammaboo? Is it poisionous?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-07-01, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: idiot event idea.

And Old Oshur.

Old 2012-07-01, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Pillar of Armor
Sergeant

I was pretty disappointed that they decided to do an event in the middle of the player events that were listed on PlanetSide2... that was pretty awful. They should have worked to assist the events like that dogfight (by shutting off the warp gate shield for ex.)... I felt like they were trying to 1up the player events because they had the extra pop, and that was crap.

As for the NC push on the bridge... You guys had a 2/1 pop advantage and didn't make effective use of it. I was in one of the GotR flails and I saw a lot of sloppy OSes (more trees were hit than players) and very little coordination at that bridge. Some lib runs, few good OSes, and a strong armor push would have changed the game there. I saw only one or two tanks pushing at a time, bad OSes, and barely any air (and I know AA wasn't an issue because there were NC reavers that were turreting on our side of the bridge and picking up kills along that cliff edge [I was one of those kills]).
Old 2012-07-01, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Getting past my massive VS pride at winning the Cery defense event -

Cery is a really easy defensive continent. I mean, the place is a fortress. The DSC is the capitol (that means NO GALAXIES, LODESTARS, OR GGs) for the opposing team if you're poplocked. That's pretty rough.

Low flight ceiling - Good luck doing a bombing run when I can read the decal on the side of your plane when you're at "flight ceiling" on Ceryshen.

Nerrivik - the most massive chokepoint in the game. In fact, the ONLY base that is such a chokepoint. When you're on Ceryshen, you have to go through Nerrivik (unless you attack from the south, and even then, the defending team can make it so you attack Nerrivik).

Terrain - not very merciful. Bridges like the one south of Sedna make large armored advances a pain.

Did we win? Yeah, and it felt good. But I have no illusions. There's a reason nobody fights campaigns on Ceryshen anymore, they just prefer to farm Keelut.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post
Did we win? Yeah, and it felt good. But I have no illusions. There's a reason nobody fights campaigns on Ceryshen anymore, they just prefer to farm Keelut.
I found myself swearing consistently at that continent for the three hours of the event. Every time you needed to get somewhere, there was a freakin' canyon or a massive cliff wall in the way. The only way to get around was via air and there was so much AA that it was pretty fruitless.

Couldn't have been a worse continent to have to attack.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

The event itself was ok, Cery was just a terrible continent for it.

I had lots of fun in the TR attack event on Forseral, VS actually pulled a nice LLU cap while we were busy with the amp station. They almost pulled off an LLU cap to save Neti at the end but we managed to smother it until the hack went through:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ajaqn.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	402.1 KB
ID:	720  
Old 2012-07-01, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
legendary
Private

Ceryshen is hands down the most defensive continent in game. Ceryshen landscape highly restricts ground armor movement. Ceryshen is very air power friendly. The core bases are also very close and clustered. To the north is the greatest geographical dived in the game, with only one long bridge to move armor across. VS were fortunate to have Ceryshen as a home continent for the event. Good job VS, but don't get all bigheaded over it .
Old 2012-07-02, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by legendary View Post
Good job VS, but don't get all bigheaded over it .
NC are just that bad, really, they are terrible.

Dagda the other day, a massive NC raid, hack on, swarms of GGs/tanks/Airchav, poplock or near enough, I bail vterm (20+ NC air there, none even shoot at me) blow it and run to backdoor and there was ONE NC there.

5 minutes after the hack is on, you've got a yellow alerts worth at Lugh, Pwyll and Gwydion, VS drop Dagda and resecure 5 minutes after that.
Old 2012-07-02, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I wasn't there.

Old 2012-07-02, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
NC are just that bad, really, they are terrible.
Hey now, don't group all NC, or any specific empire, in the same bucket. Not with the noobfest going on right now!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion