News: PlanetSide as a Leadership Skill - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does cannibalism give us grief points?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-03-01, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
CidHighwind
Master Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide as a Leadership Skill

As a highschool teacher and developing professional, I can vouch that students who take initiative and are able to see video games as more than just entertainment DO take more away from them than just the game.

I am that teacher who wants to know what everyone did over their weekend, and those students who say "played video games" I ask them what they learned from them. At first they thought I was mocking them, but once they realized that I was serious, they began looking for meaning. Even they were surprised by what they found. Leadership was one thing, but they also learned anger management, problem-solving skills, logic, deductive reasoning, intensive situational assessment, and one even said that a video game managed to help him save a relationship by rebonding his group of friends - and his significant other.

Video games NEED to begin being considered in the field of education. They mean more to students now than text-books ever have. They are interactive living, and everyone can tell you that living the experience is far better for learning that reading it from a book.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion