Smed on Trial Weapons - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WTF, I got wallhacked.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-11-17, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Re: Smed on Trial Weapons

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
it´s cool!

you can test the guns, and i am sure they will not vanish midfight! maybe they get a spawncounter and you can spawn 5 to 10 times with this gun equipped to test it out in combat. and if you like it, you buy it.

if you abuse this to start with better guns, you cannot test them again, when you have enough points to grab one. i wouldn´t touch the testguns until i have enough certs or cash on hand to buy one right after testing it.
It's not as good as the PS1 shooting range. What if something is patched and works differently, than you won't be able to try it again.
Old 2012-11-17, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

The trial is better than nothing, I myself suggested it some months ago during beta in the official forums, but it's not as good as a VR shooting range. I understand that the devs really don't have time for "good", they are going for "working". I also hope to see a shooting range and sanctuaries in the future though.
Old 2012-11-17, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
DeceptiveAlarm
Private

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
The trial is better than nothing, I myself suggested it some months ago during beta in the official forums, but it's not as good as a VR shooting range. I understand that the devs really don't have time for "good", they are going for "working". I also hope to see a shooting range and sanctuaries in the future though.
I agree. I also would love to see a shooting range/ sanc. I want to be able to walk around and hear things like "Gear get your gear here!" Then be able to stop by the clothing store and buy my zebra cammo and my skull mask. If they do this you should be able to go third person there just to check out your stuff. Their is no reason not to have this stuff it makes it feel like a world to me instead of just a game.
Old 2012-11-18, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
TheStigma
Corporal

Well this was a relief... I didn't expect them to have this ready for launch (lets hope that they don't just say but actually do it).

I was really dreading having to buy weapons blind and being forced to scavange the forums for precious (but unreliable) information about how they work. Especially given the time or money investment that comes with these unlocks the potential for nerdrage was very high...

Being able to use it for a limited duration or something like that in real battle sounds ok. I think I'd prefer a VR shooting-range where you could test anything you wanted for as long as you wanted but outside of the real game. I would almost think that this would be easier to do as all it really requires is an extra tiny tiny continent (quick to slap together with some copypasta from the other conts) that works on normal rules except that on that cont everyone has all unlocks. Pump up the warpgate shield to 4x normal radius so there is a plenty big safe-area for those who want that and let the rest of the tiny continent be for "real-combat" testing against enemies who are also in VR. One single base in the middle - not far from the warpgate and with easy nearby spawns would do the trick.

In any case I am very relieved to hear that there is SOME kind of system for this. Anything at all will be a whole lot better than nothing.

-Stigma
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion