North Carolina pastor calls for death of gays - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Chaos. Panic. Disorder - our work here is done!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Old 2012-05-23, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: North Carolina pastor calls for death of gays

We could discuss more fun things even, like developing hypothetical solutions to the Las Palmas tsunami threat potential.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Jovially...

I really should use smileys, but I can't because my religion prohibits them.
Again...why state the obvious? lol
Old 2012-05-23, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Ah yes, spam recipes.

Old 2012-05-23, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sirisian
Colonel

double post somehow

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-05-23 at 10:44 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
I'd suggest that the only reason people keep bringing up the lowest of the lowest examples of religious stupidity, is because it's an easy way to make yourself feel smarter than you actually are.
Lowest examples? This is pretty high. Low examples would be Facebook posts and social media comments. To put this in perspective this is just a guy full of hate with some followers that listen to his every word and believe he has the final solution to the homosexual question. We look back at Hitler, and if you've ever taken a history class, you know nowadays people view Hitler with disbelief. "How could so many people know what's happening and do nothing?" and you listen to classic explanation of "all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing", especially for history to repeat itself if one group gains enough influence. You can try to downplay their comments, but hate is a disease that spreads and requires people to stop it as soon as possible and build the immunity in others against it. (The sad part is, as you probably already know, the disease is rooted in Christianity, which is an excellent trojan horse, and difficult to destroy unless people see through it).

If you want you can probably imagine some Christians sharing this video through email going "hey this is a good idea". It happens when they enable each other to think this way towards others.
Old 2012-05-23, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Lowest examples? This is pretty high. Low examples would be Facebook posts and social media comments. To put this in perspective this is just a guy full of hate with some followers that listen to his every word and believe he has the final solution to the homosexual question. We look back at Hitler, and if you've ever taken a history class, you know nowadays people view Hitler with disbelief. "How could so many people know what's happening and do nothing?" and you listen to classic explanation of "all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing", especially for history to repeat itself if one group gains enough influence. You can try to downplay their comments, but hate is a disease that spreads and requires people to stop it as soon as possible and build the immunity in others against it. (The sad part is, as you probably already know, the disease is rooted in Christianity, which is an excellent trojan horse, and difficult to destroy unless people see through it).
wow.

And white people are all racists because skinheads are, right?

Seems legit.
Old 2012-05-23, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

You can try to downplay their comments, but hate is a disease that spreads and requires people to stop it as soon as possible and build the immunity in others against it. (The sad part is, as you probably already know, the disease is rooted in Christianity
Actually, replace one religious group with another and you have a line straight out of Mein Kampf.

Irony...

Last edited by Red Beard; 2012-05-23 at 10:35 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Red Beard View Post
And white people are all racists because skinheads are, right?
You have horrible reading comprehension. My statement was reinforcing the concept that Christianity is a trojan horse aka it can hide a message of hate that others will blindly accept. I never said religious people are hateful. I said one religion in particular (and there are others) can be used to spread hate.

Actually, replace one religious group with another and you have a line straight out of Mein Kampf.
If you can't tell the difference between cultural genocide and genocide that's kind of sad.
Old 2012-05-23, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
You have horrible reading comprehension. My statement was reinforcing the concept that Christianity is a trojan horse aka it can hide a message of hate that others will blindly accept.
If you know your Bible it can't. As for people who would go along with that, believe me; they annoy me as much as you, and if they're wilfully ignorant of it, or they want to go with the group think to justify their own hate, I really don't want anything to do with them. In the meantime it's annoying having to deal with people on the other side of the coin making similar generalizations so as to justify their prejudice.

If you can't tell the difference between cultural genocide and genocide that's kind of sad.
You're trying to morally differentiate between the two? Seriously?
Old 2012-05-23, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Sirisian
Colonel

If you know your Bible it can't. As for people who would go along with that, believe me; they annoy me as much as you, and if they're wilfully ignorant of it, or they want to go with the group think to justify their own hate, I really don't want anything to do with them. In the meantime it's annoying having to deal with people on the other side of the coin making similar generalizations so as to justify their prejudice.
The No true Scotsman argument doesn't work with Christianity. There are people in the Christian faith that would quote what you just said and interpret the bible radically differently and go "If you know your bible it can". They will unfaltering do what the priest did and stand their ground as a "true christian".

I do sympathize that not everyone has the same interpretations of extremes about what they read in their holy books, but really you can't say "oh my interpretation is more justified".

You're trying to morally differentiate between the two? Seriously?
Trying to get rid of religion based bigotry will inevitably change one's culture. Your horror is in realizing how generalized cultural genocide is. It has been applied to everything. Introducing pop music and western clothing to Iraq and Iran's youth has been called cultural genocide. Pretty much anything that changes a culture for better or worse is given a social stigma. Rather complex nowadays I'd imagine especially with how touchy the older generations are to change.
Old 2012-05-24, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

My problem with you is not your content; it's your unconditional and persistent disrespect for anyone who disagrees with you. I'd be relieved to be proven wrong on that impression. Until then; don't be holding your breath on that challenge.
I kinda think he's right though. (Not to mention we already have a religion thread where this topic could be stuffed into).

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-05-24, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I think Christianity is as dumb as the next guy, but some pastor advocating mass murder is a little much even for southern baptists. He's just some weirdo who is probably totally gay and really tortured by his inability to reconcile his indoctrination with his human nature.
Old 2012-05-24, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
excelle
Private

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post

What is it with Baptists lately? Not enough hate in their Cheerios?

No, they have just been drinking a lot of this with their Hateerios.
Old 2012-05-24, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

It's the High Fructose Corn Syrup. I'd bet the sammich my wife just threw at my head.

Old 2012-05-25, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

I wonder how he thinks homosexuals are born? Locking them up will not prevent more homosexuals.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum