Some questions about Vanu weapons/attachements - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Local Deli...The finest of Kosher meats I'm sure
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-10-07, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dwarlin
Private

Some questions about Vanu weapons/attachements

Hello,
I have some Questions about Vanu weapons:
1) I have the Sirius SMG, with reflex sight and laser dot. Would it make sense to buy the advanced laser dot, the forward grip, the supressor or the alternative ammo?

2) How good is the Eidolon Battle Rifle?

3) Is the Corvus a good Assault rifle/better than the normal one?
Old 2013-10-07, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hairspray
Private

Re: Some questions about Vanu weapons/attachements

1) I have the Sirius SMG, with reflex sight and laser dot. Would it make sense to buy the advanced laser dot, the forward grip, the suppressor or the alternative ammo?

I would get the laser first, ammo second, and suppressor last you want them all. Unless you run infiltrator then the suppressor first to cloak an kill.
Old 2013-10-11, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
findus

For the SMG this may help (found them on YouTube): or search for a video from koolaid.

I use the laser all the time, because of the low damage of the sirius at range i seldom aim down sights. Slug ammo seems to help me.

For the Eidolon this may help:
For medium to long range i like it (others don't), at short range its not fast enough. On the Eidolon i often use the 6x sights on my engineer at provide spotting the enemy between repairing and giving out ammo.

Can't help on the Corvus, but there are multiple insightful videos to find.

The above mentioned videos helped me, they are only examples, there is more to find

Last edited by findus; 2013-10-11 at 07:27 AM.
Old 2013-10-22, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DredVS
Private

The Battle Rifle is bad due to a combination of bad first shot recoil and bad bullet velocity.

Until they buff these two aspects of the Battle Rifle, there is absolutely no reason not to use an automatic weapon. Semi-automatic weapons are extremely clunky to use in Planetside.

Another factor in semi-auto weapons being bad is player maneuverability, but that is a different issue and I'm sure dedicated long-range Infiltrators could tell you more about that than me.
Old 2014-06-26, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bpark
Private

Originally Posted by DredVS View Post
Semi-automatic weapons are extremely clunky to use in Planetside.

Another factor in semi-auto weapons being bad is player maneuverability, but that is a different issue and I'm sure dedicated long-range Infiltrators could tell you more about that than me.
this statement is false for shot guns. (imho)

semi-auto actually helps shot guns, bc if your finger is physically pressing the mouse for each shot, you keep better track of how many shots fired, which better estimates how many shots left to kill a target
Old 2014-06-26, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
findus

At first i liked the Sirius very much, but nowadays for me its only the CQC alternative for the infil, with suppressor, advanced laser. But one of the mentioned videos surely helps you more...
With the Sirius i only win when i have the first shot, and thats no guarantee...

I like my Eidolon very much (one of the first weapons i bought). The BRs got a slight buff recently, for me its useful mid to longer range, but you have to handle a bad recoil....

...which is the same problem i have with the Corvus, though as a longer range alternative for the Medic i like it....and it has an awesome sound. But my recommendation for the medic would be a short range weapon, like the HV45, but thats a preference question.

I'm not a good player (ok, really bad) so take all of this with a grain of salt (or whatever we Vanu are using...)

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions