PS comments - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: how long do you think a Teletuby would last?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-04, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

PS comments

Well I played PS for a few days now and I definatly have to say the game has not only lived up to my expectations it has execeeded them beyond my wildest dreams.

Good stuff first:

Huge battles are fun and getting to BR7 was a breez. I enjoy the depth of the game and the rush of getting killed by a squad of reavers. I like how one infantry cant make anyheadway on his own, no matter how good he is, without the support of a team. I like how the team system works, how it needs a balance of players (because 10 guys with HA and no decent respawn are worthless). There is more but I dont remember it all right now.

Bad stuff:

Ok the recert system needs to be reworked. This nonsense of one cert every 24 hours is absurd. It should be that you can forget a cert, some certs, or ALL certs just make it take 24 hours to get your Cert points. There are so many things that I want to try out but with my measly 11 CP I cant try them without sacraficing my ability to get more BR. Thats the only thing I dont like in this game.

Now i have some questions.

What determins how much xp you get from a base cap? I was flying around in my lib with a bomber. We killed about 9 vanguards that were en rout to the base. So i head back to get the cap with 3 min left and I get no XP! Granted the kills were outside of the SOI but does that matter?

This ones kinda general. I need tips for flying. I suck with the reaver and my bomer was doing the bombing and the flying practically.
Old 2004-01-04, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
FlakMan
Colonel

Want to try out a cert? Test it out in the VR area. You should be able to get a feel for how it's going to work for you in the battlefield.

[-collection-] [-wishlist-] [-muse-] [-mars volta-] [-devart-] [-ljournal-]
Old 2004-01-04, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rayder
General

Misc Info

XP is determined by the number of kills inside a bases' SOI.
Old 2004-01-04, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

The way base hack exp works is essentially the number of (unique) kills you get and witness while in a base soi. CEP is similar, although its based on what your squadmembers see too. (that is why I go for 2-man squads and try for 2970's rather than a less predictable number with a larger squad.)
Old 2004-01-04, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

One thing I don't like is the cert thing too. I think you should be able to forget 1, more, or all of your certs and THEN have the 24 hour waiting period before you can reforget again. Thatway you can switch (EX) Inf and CE and get HA. Its a waste to just be able to forget one of those, then you are wasting a cert and can't get anything in return for 24 hours. This idea would also keep everyone from being able to switch between things when the moment called for it, because you could still only do this once a day.
Old 2004-01-04, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ogge
Master Sergeant

the recert system is fine
Old 2004-01-04, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

they got rid of the unique kill thing. don't you remember the less cap BEP outrage (though they made outside base fights more worth it)

Now the base time 15 min before its hack till its caped is devided into pieces. eac pices is given a EXP value if you are in the SOI during htat time you get the EXP from that slice of the hack pie after the base is caped (you don't have to be in the SOI to get your hack bep just on the cont) The pie slice value is determined by enemy activity in the area (CEP works to same way but with modifiers for larger squads).

The maximum is 5k but its been a long time scence i've seen one of those

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-04, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

No, its not, because you can't trade in a cert unless you'll end up having enough to buy the next cert you want.

If I want to get HA, and forget CE and Inf alltogether, I have to choose which one I want to waste for 24 hours and which I will keep (pretty much being a waste without the other i am forced to forget). You should be able to forget both at one time, then get the 24 hour period.
Old 2004-01-04, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Ogge
the recert system is fine
The recert system is fine if you don't like to change things up and just play the same old thing every day.

I have to admit it was a bit annoying for me to recert my character when I decided to do a complete change over from the Cloaker/adv med/CE/adv hack to a Rexo/HA/SA guy. It took me 6 full days to make the transition and in the mean time I was in this "limbo" state inbetween what I was and what I wanted to be.

I think perhaps a system of "saving" your recert times might help. Perhaps if once every 24 hours you could get a credit for unlearning a cert. Put a cap of say 10 credits that you can save up to spend anytime you want. This way people who tire of playing the same thing can change over completely. Also, this will help people like me that have to go out of town for weeks at a time. I could return and have 0 Grief and be able to recert
Old 2004-01-04, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

There should be a "Nuke all" button to forget all of your certs. Then, wait 48 hours?
Old 2004-01-04, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by dscytherulez
No, its not, because you can't trade in a cert unless you'll end up having enough to buy the next cert you want.

If I want to get HA, and forget CE and Inf alltogether, I have to choose which one I want to waste for 24 hours and which I will keep (pretty much being a waste without the other i am forced to forget). You should be able to forget both at one time, then get the 24 hour period.
CE and Infil alone are not a waste. Try them out, don't just say because you don't get to put boomers down behind enemy lines, or you don't get to put boomers down at all, that it's a waste.
Old 2004-01-04, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ZionsFire
There should be a "Nuke all" button to forget all of your certs. Then, wait 48 hours?
Old 2004-01-04, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by BadAsh
I decided to do a complete change over from the Cloaker/adv med/CE/adv hack to a Rexo/HA/SA guy.
eeewwww! down with HA!

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-04, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Rayder
CE and Infil alone are not a waste. Try them out, don't just say because you don't get to put boomers down behind enemy lines, or you don't get to put boomers down at all, that it's a waste.
I know, i was just giving an example. I have inf and don't even have engineering on my one char and i use it all the time. I'm just saying for those who want to change over from something, to something entirely different, they should be able to cut out the middleman.

If your main purpose of getting inf, was so you could lay down boomers, then yes, dropping inf or CE and having the other left over, IS, to that person, a waste.
Old 2004-01-04, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
xmodum
Colonel

i think the recert should be this
u can forget anything , but when u buy something u have to wait 24 hours to forget only that 1 cert ,but in that 24 hour time u can forget another cert but wut u buy next cant be forgoten till the 24 hour time runs out
there its fixed dundundun!!!!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion