Gameplay: TR Tank Destroyer concept: Controller - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please don't feed the admin.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2014-05-27, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: TR Tank Destroyer concept: Controller

Indeed. :o

Reddit link for easy finding?

EDIT: found it: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...nk_destroyers/

Last edited by Figment; 2014-05-27 at 06:04 PM.
Old 2014-05-28, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't even read most of the reddit comments anymore - far too many negative comments on anything despite overall being popular.
Old 2014-05-28, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
I don't even read most of the reddit comments anymore - far too many negative comments on anything despite overall being popular.
I don't know. They're critical which is good. But I think you overdid the description with special abilities a bit making them more OP than intended.

For instance, a continuous laser is really powerful for a sniper and a shield on top of being a sniper is a bit much too.

I think more focus should have been on how the advantages would have been off-set with disadvantages and you'd have gotten a more positive response.

Of course. These things are to be introduced in a certain revisioned context of ground vehicle play. That helps too.

And it doesn't help that so many players are frustrated with some of the PS2 design choices.
Old 2014-05-28, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, still it was on 75% up votes which is usually pretty good when I last looked. 80% is about the highest you can expect, which is what I got for things like my command overhaul. People love to just down vote for the sake of it.

Have any other concepts you would like me to have a crack at?
Old 2015-02-26, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
ParrotMarauder
Private

I love the idea of adding tank destroyers to the game, but even though it may be nice to have a separate gunner in Mbts, I know a lot of people who would practically disown them and operate much better solo. Perhaps have it be an option or make it so there is a turret seat, but the driver can still gun if they prefer to go classic.
Old 2015-02-26, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
ParrotMarauder
Private

Also had some ideas for artillery vehicles which could compliment or take the role of TDs. Same abilities as mentioned, just with different fire arcs really. Just some concepts:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	312.4 KB
ID:	1278  
Old 2015-03-05, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ParrotMarauder View Post
I love the idea of adding tank destroyers to the game, but even though it may be nice to have a separate gunner in Mbts, I know a lot of people who would practically disown them and operate much better solo. Perhaps have it be an option or make it so there is a turret seat, but the driver can still gun if they prefer to go classic.
Half-arsed solutions shouldn't be done as they incentize one over the other. But the entire argument is that solo players should NEVER get this much firepower on their own. So to then go back and say "well some get less firepower and hitpoints (endurance) per player because they share a single unit and some just keep it as is and thus have a higher player to firepower and endurance ratio", that is just slapping teamplayers in the face and solves nothing. So please, don't bring up this suggestion, because it isn't a solution, it's a continuation of the original problem.

Classic in the context of PlanetSide is "separated controls" btw. "Modern" (i.e. War Thunder/World of Tanks/Battlefield style) is single player controls.

If those people disown their heavy tanks, fine. Let them put the points in light tanks and tank destroyers instead. However, I'm quite sure they wouldn't disown them. As they'd soon realise they get way more exp and more fun out of working with a teammate in a heavy vehicle than if they played solo and get blown up less due to being more mobile.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault