which implant do you think ? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Gods of war hate those who hesitate.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-14, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
jealouskain
Private

which implant do you think ?

welll i just passed level 6 this hour. And i wanted to know which implant i better got? I m a level 5 : Reinforced Exo-Suit - medium assault - sniper... thx soldiers
Old 2003-05-14, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Civilian
Contributor
Major

There is only 1 good implant to get at BR6 and that's darklight. Get darklight!
Old 2003-05-14, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
QuickStar
Sergeant

i like advanced regen , but darklight is the best
Old 2003-05-14, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Deveral
Private

Range modifyer is a good one for a sniper. Darklight is a nice one too. I like Surge, Darklight, and Melee Booster but I got a stealther and my heavy assault uses surge to get up close (and thats the last thing a sniper wants).
Old 2003-05-14, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shaftt
Private

i got darklight
Old 2003-05-14, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

i have darklight also
Old 2003-05-14, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
r3d
Banned

Darklight SUCKS SO BAD
Unless you cant see properly you should be able to see large blurs moving around
get surge, you wont regret it
Old 2003-05-15, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Darklight, I love seeing those invils trying to hide 8)
Old 2003-05-15, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Really depends on what role you are playing, if you are sniper, scouter type.... range implant is the way to go (if you are a sniper without range implant you will be dead fast, because all the other snipers have them).

If you find yourself running around bases (defending or attacking) darklight rules on wasting stealthers.

If you want to get the drop on a badguy fast, or get your booty outa a bad situation fast surge rules.

If you are a stealther that likes to backstab peeps, melee implant.

Regeneration implant if you don't have room for lots of medpacks.

Advanced targeting if you are a sniper and have an extra implant slot to mess with (helps you find the already hurt foes, enabling you to one shot them).

Well, those the only ones i have found success with, i have seen people use the personal shield well, but my fingers are just not fast enough to use it effectively.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-05-15, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
justmust
Corporal

It realy depends on what u like to do with your person. There is no one right answer.
Old 2003-05-15, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
balab
Sergeant

i tried personal shield last night, works pretty well. the range implant disrupts my tank aim, not good for armor corp people like me. also enjoys audio amp because i like to know where to expect enemy encounter. dark light... why do i need dark light when i can chuck 'nades.
Old 2003-05-15, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Plato
Sergeant

Identify what you think might be good for your role. You can swap them out without penalty at sanc and biolabs. I think regen is nice but I'm putting that off until 12. I hate stealthers killing me in towers and sneaking about in bases.

I find I use regen the most by jumping off of walls and towers to save time on the stairs..
Old 2003-05-15, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Acutally the best implant is the implant you don't have at the moment you need it.

Whenever i remove darklight, I run into 5,000 stealthers, but as soon as i put it back in they are nowhere to be found.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-05-15, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SpacemanSpiff
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Nitsch
Really depends on what role you are playing, if you are sniper, scouter type.... range implant is the way to go (if you are a sniper without range implant you will be dead fast, because all the other snipers have them).

If you find yourself running around bases (defending or attacking) darklight rules on wasting stealthers.

If you want to get the drop on a badguy fast, or get your booty outa a bad situation fast surge rules.

If you are a stealther that likes to backstab peeps, melee implant.

Regeneration implant if you don't have room for lots of medpacks.

Advanced targeting if you are a sniper and have an extra implant slot to mess with (helps you find the already hurt foes, enabling you to one shot them).

Well, those the only ones i have found success with, i have seen people use the personal shield well, but my fingers are just not fast enough to use it effectively.
Personally (and this is only my opinion), I find the range implant to be a little lacking. Like someone already mentioned, it has the potential to screw you up in an intense fight by giving you an overkill on zoom options, especially if you're a vehicle driver/pilot.
Also, I'd have to disagree with the comment that snipers that don't have 12x Zoom will be "dead fast." First of all, I have quite a bit of experience in sniping, and 12 X zoom does not give an advantage to snipers at all. I stuck to my default 8 X zoom that comes with all bolt-drivers, and sniping infantry from any distance was exceptionally easy (sniping other snipers included).
Dark light is never a bad first implant because there's always going to be that stealther that happens to nail your body to a wall. Dark light will just turn those instances into a minimum, and unless a stealther throws an EMP grenade (whatever that one grenade is called), you'll become a pain in their ass instead.
Regeneration has been my first pick for a while now. Combined with engineering it's a great skill to have and will ultimately increase the longevity of any infantryman. There have been many times that I have been stuck in an enemy's cc room defending a hack against 1 or 2 soldiers at a time. I usually come out on top, but I'm typically badly injured. So, I just step back, load up regeneration and repair my armor simultaneously, and pray that no one comes running in while I'm doing it.
Advanced Targeting is a great implant, too, but it's not an essential first implant unless, of course, you're a driver or pilot... then it becomes almost necessary.

Ultimately, take everyone's advice with a tub of salt. The best way is to experiment yourself. There is absolutely no timer like the silly 24 hour period for "unlearning" certs. Try them all, and see for yourself.
Old 2003-05-16, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
jealouskain
Private

thx a lot for all your answers. It will help me a lot... I did not try them yet because i thought implants could not be removed... So i wanted to make teh good choice. Now i will take in mind everybodie's opinion's and try the most appreciate one... So i will be able to make teh good choice

i wanted to thank you again because all your advices and explains are really helpfull for a recruit like me...

See you on the Planetside soldiers
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion