Selling Accounts - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: dont eat a sandwich while in a tank.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-05, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Derv
Staff Sergeant

Selling Accounts

I played Anarchy Online and I know that people selling their account on which they had spent a great deal of time getting items/leveling on Ebay. Will there be any rules about this selling of accounts in Planetside? Will there be what we called, "Ebayers" (n00bs with an amazing character)? Will this be a way of making some cash? In Anarchy Online accounts were banned if the GMs even suspected that someone other than the original account creator was playing on the account. Don't know if anyone but the game creators could answer this one =\. But for those of us who aren't game creators, what do you think should be the rules regaurding this issue?
Old 2003-02-05, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sigurd
Corporal

I dont see why you would want to buy an account from PS unless you dont know anything about the game. It doesnt require hours upon hours of tedium to get BEPs and Certs so a n00b could just start playing and get the certs he needs in a few days or so. I dont think the game is made so that getting certs and BEPs are extemely hard and take a very long time.
Old 2003-02-05, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

I see nothing wrong with selling your account, more certifications will only give them more toys to play with so they can waste their money, and if they feel like buying it then wth.
Old 2003-02-05, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

I dont think this will happen much in PS.

The only advantage a seasoned vet has over a newb coming into the game is, they have more toys at their disposal, more weapons and tools to get the job done. They are no different in armor or stamina than the new guys. Plus there are no rare "items" and things of that nature.

Remember, it is skilll based. Not character based.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-05, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Madprofessor9
Corporal

Also even if there where rare items and stuff selling a account someone else payed for. The new owner of the account would have to take over the monthly charge on the account anyway to keep it active, or loose it. Nothing illegal in that just a change of ownership really. and if the other person ever wants to get back online with ps he will still have to buy another account for it so the PS wins by getting more customers

Last edited by Madprofessor9; 2003-02-05 at 05:39 PM.
Old 2003-02-05, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Originally posted by Hamma
I dont think this will happen much in PS.

The only advantage a seasoned vet has over a newb coming into the game is, they have more toys at their disposal, more weapons and tools to get the job done. They are no different in armor or stamina than the new guys. Plus there are no rare "items" and things of that nature.

Remember, it is skilll based. Not character based.
I agree, Also, SOE has taken precautionary measures with EQ and e-bay has agreed to ban sales of EQ related items on e-bay.
Old 2003-02-05, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Real difference between new chars and older ones are implants...

beeing able to hold 3 implants will make your char better than a new guy..

Those implants are damn sweet you know, like getting your health automaticly boosted when you get dangerously low, a personal force field, getting your enemies on the radar etc =)

course, experience matters also... not BEPs but experience about the game.
Old 2003-02-05, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I bought my PSU account on eBay. I got it in trade for Eminem's childhood house.
Old 2003-02-05, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Squeeky
I agree, Also, SOE has taken precautionary measures with EQ and e-bay has agreed to ban sales of EQ related items on e-bay.
I also believe that there isn't much legal recourse you can take if you get cheated in one of these affairs. Something having to do with the character, skills, and items all belonging to Sony.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-05, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

Personaly the advantage beetween a maxed out player and a noob are negligable at best ,although there is a advantage I doubt that it will be enough to create a market for it ,let alone convince people to pay good money for such a small gain.
Old 2003-02-05, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

^I tend to agree. From what I understand, it's not even going to take that long to start collection BEPs to get certs etc. Especially being that collection BEPs should not be a very tedious task I'd think. The way I see things, when you start as a newb you can still contribute to your Empire's greater goals without having to spend months leveling just so you don't get punked by high level characters like in DAoC which was a huge turn off
Old 2003-02-05, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sigurd
Corporal

fo sho lesser
Old 2003-02-05, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

Yurp, I had an entire thread about how newbs will merely have a slight disadvantage to vets.. yet even this was argued about...this forum is addictive.
Old 2003-02-05, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Flameseeker
Captain

A level 20 with 500 CEPS that is ranked as a "Grand Emperor" that is in agile armor, will not stop a level 3 sniper bullet.
Old 2003-02-05, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sol
Sergeant

I highly doubt anyone will pay big $$$ to be able to use some better guns or vehicles. Then again, thats pretty much what people who buy EQ accounts get.

At least getting max battle rank isnt as impossible to reach as the level cap of EQ. Within a month or 2 there will be plenty of battle rank 20s so selling one couldnt be worth very much.

I wonder if people will pay for reputation? 'Selling number 1 ranked account! Only $2000!'

We'll see.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion