Hmm, space combat? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All your base are... Oh forget it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-11, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

That wouldn't be all that usefull realy, and too much codeing to be worth it.

The boarding party would be useful because you dont have to compensate for gravity and you can have an air-lock so people can get off without spawning directly into enemy line of fire.
Old 2003-02-11, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

I should clear up that I think space combat would be cool it would be a whole new aspect to the game however, probably wont happen till a very large expansion.

But space attacking the ground = bad

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-11, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Arshune
Captain

Speaking of space, whatever happened to those orbital platforms? They'd be a neat place for all those ideas people have been having about air combat and air bases to center on, only in space. Could have little jetpacks for people to fly from place to place with, or failing that, they could fall to a gruesome death if they don't watch their step.

I like the idea of capital ships, and for those of you saying that balancing them would be hard...stop and think about it for a minute. Making something shoot the ground from space would be damn near impossible for the devs to implement, so we'll assume that anything big couldn't do that...the big cannons they have, however, would fire shots that moved so slowly that the only things at risk from them would be a target that's too big and slow to simply angle its trajectory a little bit. If the orbital platforms are added, they could have such guns too and also a variety of destructable pieces and segments...I think that'd be really cool.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-11, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

Orbital platforms were removed because they felt they served no real purpose as I understand it.

That doesent mean they will be gone forever however

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-11, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Flameseeker
Captain

Hamma, check your PM, I sent you one cuz I felt bad for that spam poll. Sorry. From now on,
Old 2003-02-11, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Arshune
Captain

I personally think the orbital platforms would make more sense as a safe-haven then a continent would, it just seems like landing forces on the sanctuary wouldn't be hard if it wasn't prohibited by game systems, something in space away from common transport routes just seems more logical...so even if they had no real purpose in game other than being secure they'd at least seem more logical in the context of the setting what with the HART available and all...but maybe that's just me.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion