How many alts? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Walk Like a Battle Frame
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-11, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Bighoss
General

I'm a late night man mostly. I get home from doing stuff on weekends at 12 and play till whenever the action stops or I realize that my parents will be waking up soon and the sun is showing up. Then I sleep

week days no good
Old 2003-02-11, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Arshune
Captain

That actually brings up an interesting point, since the servers are all in like a specific timezone, what's going to happen at odd hours of the night? Are they going to end up being emptied out and having the bases open up to ninja-raids? That'd really suck.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-11, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Subliminal
First Sergeant

I suppose late night raids are something were gonna have to deal with but dont think Its gonna be unbalanced. Im sure that all of the empires will ninja raid pretty equally. Plus alot of MMOGamers tend to play just about an odd time you could concieve (at least i hope im not the only person to wake up at like 2am when somethin wakes me up and pull and hour session ona a game) :o
Old 2003-02-11, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Arshune:
Somewhat, but there will be someone on at all time, though at night it may be 1/10th of what it is on the day, you still dont change anything...you could plan for say your group to be online at 3:00 am, and try to assault a base, but keep in mind that once you hit a base, Im sure that the defenders will rush to defend it. If there are 2500 people per side in the day, And that if it is 1/10th of that in odd hours, then 1/10th of 2500 is still 250 people online. And to take more than 1-2 bases before it picks up again would not be possible. Assaulting a base with even 2 to 1 odds will take time....

I dont see much good offence at odd hours, only defense.

ABRAXAAS:

The devs said it would take about 4 months for the norm player to get lvl 20, or about a month for the real hardcore, so i dont think you can get even 1 char to lvl 20 in a week or 2.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-02-11, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Subliminal
First Sergeant

depends on what they consider hardcore and what is normal... Say a person plays like 5-6times a week for a few hours per session. Hardcore or not?
Old 2003-02-11, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

Dave was talking about the whole " Can one squad take over the world at 4 AM aspect" and the amount of hidrences he noted were pretty big. I mean you gotta get past the defenses, get thru the doors, get down in the base to the control panel, hack it, hang for 15 min. and thats if NO ONE is around... so although It might be possible, it will still take time, plus I doubt the server will be completely empty of any one empire, I personaly end around 1 or 2 AM if I'm on a hardcore kind of groove.

Also remember that once a base is under attack the empire gets notified, so late at night when not many people can be found to kill, a "base under attack" message is going to be like: "HEY! THATS where they are! Lets go!"

Edit: 1-2 AM is on a normal day when I wanna go really long. On a friday or saturday when I'm on a roll, hell 5 AM or no sleep at all, I mean I can sleep on sunday right? right.

Last edited by TheGreatCarbini; 2003-02-11 at 10:18 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion