How precious is life? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Need a friend? We can help.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-16, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
SuperGlue
Corporal

well, what I beleive was being siad is that as you pick up the corpses with the vehicle, the enemy automatically spawns in the jail. I don't belive this post said that you would pick them up and then have to drive them back to the jail?
Old 2003-05-16, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

Vehicles designed to scoop up the near dead and create prisoners. Vehicles could be like an AMS. "Once destroyed the prisoners will be released"
Thats what made me think they'd be in the vehicle with you... then again... you could be right
Old 2003-05-16, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
SuperGlue
Corporal

ah I did not see that....well then my post could be a possible fix to the flaw
Old 2003-05-16, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Nekota
Corporal

Well my original idea was a prison truck. Since the lifespan of a vehicle in the field is rather short AMS's and those types of vehicles lasting even less time. My second idea was a base type called a detention center where an Advanced Medic could heal and enemy corpse to have it spawn in prison. In either idea you'd always be given the option to recall back to sanctuary and wait about 8 minutes (or less depending on when the last shuttle left) for a HART drop back to your squad. Detention would be around 8 minutes in either case you'd be out of the action with possibility of that being reduced by your squadmates rescuing you. In any case something needs to be done about the turn over rate in battle as it sits now it's much too high. I know the game is supposed to be about fun but, you have to strike a balance with accomplishments. If killing the enemy means nothing then that's exactly what you're doing... nothing.
Old 2003-05-16, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Cool idea, but my idea of fun is not paying 13 buck a month to rot in a NC prison or at least, not unless I could orginize a prison riot. People complain enough about spawn times, much less prison time.
Old 2003-05-16, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

I agree... something should be done... this does sound like a good idea... and would add to the importance of medics... not bad when i think about it. but what would stop someone from /suicide and then respawn at a nearby friendly base? would that command be removed while in the prison? also, while i like the idea... i think there should be someway for the prisoners to escape... whether it take a long time or not... but it should take less time then waiting... but should rely on a certain skill... or some knowledge... at least you're being creative though...

EDIT: Maybe to get out it could be a number puzzle or something... it would at least entertain you while you were there... and if you're not smart enough to figure it out... you deserve to stay in jail...

Last edited by RUEN; 2003-05-16 at 09:09 PM.
Old 2003-05-16, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Nekota
Corporal

Well the prison time would only be as long as the next HART jump. In the meantime if your prison truck gets attacked then you'll be freed. Perhaps make the vehicle a truck with an open air cage in the back so that you could destroy the truck without killing the prisoners. I do however prefer the Detention Center idea. You'd only be able to capture prisoners if your side controlled one of the Detention Centers on that continent. Even then it only gives that skill to Advanced Medics to stabalize the dieing enemy to take them prisoner. So as it stands now there wouldn't be a huge threat of being taken prisoner but... it would be there. So you can keeping using your Reaver as a Kamikaze bomb if you want to but... that might have been a Medic who you missed who might just get you locked up. Could even have a detention center on Sanctuary where you can see the TK's who get to cool their heals until they can learn to shoot straight. Rather then weapons lock where you can still participate as a scout or some secondary role. If you earn enough grief for weapons lock your next death will land you in your Sanctuary's Brig.

Another easy to implement idea to help Medics out would be this. When you die instead of respawn appearing right away. Wait our your respawn time first then you'll be given the option to choose location to respawn. This can give the Medic time to get to you rather then see you're dead in the team status window and arrive to find your backpack. It would also be a little more sobering to see the field filled with bodies rather then backpacks.

A new idea I came up with tonight though of combo classes...

Medic/Engineer- Make available a field ambulance allow you to create a vehicle that's like a Deliverer that moves at a good clip and anyone who enters it heals and repairs armor.

Medic/Hacker- Allow some sort of bioweapon like the medics of TFC. Let the disease spread to nearby enemies too. Perhaps to keep from stealth germ spreadears. The disease wouldn't be lethal. It can only lower your health down to 25% at best. After that the disease has no effect. Or maybe makes you run slower or give you hallucinations like in TFC just make them more believable. Make it sound like a sniper is shooting at you, have explosions appear around you, or cause out in out blindness or deafness, etc... The possibilites are endless.

Engineer/Hacker- Sabotauer allow the hacker the ability to rig a terminal so the next person who uses it get's caught in an explosion and makes the terminal inoperable. Or for a less lethal role anyone who uses a sabotaged terminal shows up on radar and map windows even stealthers if they used a rigged Spawn Tube, equipment terminal, or vehicle terminal.

Last edited by Nekota; 2003-05-16 at 09:43 PM.
Old 2003-05-16, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

Medic/Engineer- Make available a field ambulance allow you to create a vehicle that's like a Deliverer that moves at a good clip and anyone who enters it heals and repairs armor.
AMS is basically the same thing, all you need to do is deploy it and people can not only get health/armor back, they can get equipment... only thing different is that you're not ablt to take passengers in AMS.

Medic/Hacker- Allow some sort of bioweapon like the medics of TFC. Let the disease spread to nearby enemies too. Perhaps to keep from stealth germ spreadears. The disease wouldn't be lethal. It can only lower your health down to 25% at best. After that the disease has no effect. Or maybe makes you run slower or give you hallucinations like in TFC just make them more believable. Make it sound like a sniper is shooting at you, have explosions appear around you, or cause out in out blindness or deafness, etc... The possibilites are endless.
This one is ok... but it seems like it'd be a little harder to get near nmes in this game than it was in TFC.

Engineer/Hacker- Sabotauer allow the hacker the ability to rig a terminal so the next person who uses it get's caught in an explosion and makes the terminal inoperable. Or for a less lethal role anyone who uses a sabotaged terminal shows up on radar and map windows even stealthers if they used a rigged Spawn Tube, equipment terminal, or vehicle terminal.
Well, technically, you can already do this with HE mines, just set them real close to terminal so no one can see them (at least morons anyways) and kaboom! also, the Motion Sensor also does the same thing... it shows anyone who passes it on your radar...
Old 2003-05-16, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Nekota
Corporal

Well the ambulance would be more of an evac tool/transport that just so happens to get you ready for the next battle on the fly. It could also have a nice big red cross on it so that people know it's there and a medic and engineer is nearby for repairs to vehicles and such.

As far as getting close to the enemy infiltration suits are amazing things . I've camped in enemy spawns for 30 minutes at a time sapping the enemy with a knife stab here a knife stab there. I don't generally get a kill unless they're alone but, it causes them to do stupid things like shoot randomly in the room even hitting their team mates. Hell I've got 2 guys to fight because I stabbed one at an angle close to the other guy in the room and stepped out of the way. The patsy kept trying to plead his case but, the guy I stabbed wasn't buying it and they shot each other. Had another guy start lobbing grendades in the tower and ended up taking out an equipment terminal. I have to imagine that causing the enemy to earn grief is a good thing .

Yeah HE mines work outside but, most terminals are inside. Motion Alarms work in a proximity but, my idea would allow you to seem them on the map. Let a Sabotauer only rig say 5-10 terminals and allow any engineer the ablility to fix the terminals back to normal. Allow other Sabotauers the ability to detect the bug.
Old 2003-05-16, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
PariaH
Private

if you want to increase the role of the medic make him the only port of call for medical attention in the field,

i.e remove the ability for any player to carry med packs

certainly that will increase the role and importance of having a good medic in your squad, something which is lacking in this game is absolute dependancy on certain roles to acheive tasks

i disgaree about dying having no consequence, in alot of fps you get an instant respawn even then dying has a consequence either you have given up the position you are defending i.e defending a cc / tower/ a flag whatever

or your attack has been delayed,

in the long run this has consequences, i play pretty rambo style, ill be the first 1 into a tower guns blazing, if i mange to take 1/2/3 people down before i die by the time ive respawned and re-entered you can notice your kills have helped the push for a tower or whatever,

to be fair i think the current sytems pretty good, i dont like being punished for defending a tower till the death - i.e respawning and respawning in a desperate attempt to keep a tower against massive opposition but thats life
Old 2003-05-16, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Nekota
Corporal

Believe me when I say how very little you're doing going in there guns blazing. I've infiltrated spawn rooms on a number of occasions and seen the same face rotate out of the spawn tube over and over and over...

I've been stuck in lines to get tanks because Reaver pilots keep using their Reavers as bombs over and over and over...

Rather then having teams stay together for the big push individuals will die and start charging independantly over and over and over...

All this suggests that maybe there's no qualms about respawning. Hell have you ever seen a retreat in Planetside? There's no retreat there is no surrender. Why should there be when death is only a 30 second timeout. Hell I had a team-mate today suicide to repair his armor before we left for the next base. This is insane. Now I'm not suggesting xp losses or anything even remotely resembling something permanenet but, something to cause an army to rather charge in 3 or 4 at time bouncing off the enemy time and time again not doing much. To maybe wait for reinforcements and do it right the first time. I know you don't pay to have downtime but, come on now the game is plenty packed full of something to do. A little downtime isn't gonna kill you. It may give you time to reflect on what you maybe should do differently next time.
Old 2003-05-16, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

I'm for the prison/detention area type thing. all they need to do is make it so you have a chance of escaping before your time is up or before cavalry arrives, such as breaking a code or something... this would make people have to guard the prisoners, weakening their frontline, also, a hacker should be able to break people out and a hacker should have an advanced chance (albeit a slight one) of escaping. thus, if you have a lot of people in prison, you could sneak in, release them, and unleash hell on the base from the inside...
Old 2003-05-16, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
PariaH
Private

lol if i get to the spawn tubes they dont get out of them, i play MAX almost exclusively :/, sometimes you will see a horde of players mincing round the edges of a tower, seems no-one is prepared to make a push (which would seem to me that they are afraid to die - Counterstrike Syndrome to the extreme,) -its fairly obvious that a heavily guarded tower is gonna lead to many deaths and a little carnage - isnt that part of the fun, if you are defending deep inside your own base dying certainly punishes you - 30 secs in limbo does have an effect espcially in bases where its gonna take you extra time to get back to wherever you were defending.
Old 2003-05-20, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
bdomz
Private

if you die too many times you should just get kicked back to sanctuary. Having to wait 8 mins for a HART every once in a while would at least make you think twice about doing kamikaze runs all the time.
Old 2003-05-20, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
simba
Major

Originally posted by Tieom

***THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY A PROBLEM***
Well it does eliminate the use of medics.

I guess im the only one who fears to die.
I dont go to battles, I dont kill people, ive played 10 hours and guess how many kills ive done? 1! It was a vanu agile, its almost impossible 2 kill ppl, so I dont. All I do is taking the HART and waiting for the HART in the training area.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion