Improvement: [Suggestion] Show a "You are being revived!" message to the dead player the _moment_ - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Y'know, Marsman approves these, too.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-01-31, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DannyBellon
Private

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Show a "You are being revived!" message to the dead player the _moment_

I think we can all agree that one of the more annoying parts of playing a medic is when your revive attempt is cut short but the downed player 'tapping-out' prematurely.

We've all been there. You and your comrades are in the middle of a massive push onto your enemy's tower. From behind cover, you see your ally Billy's lifeless MAX suit just out of the protection of cover, a mere 4 ft out of from the maximum range of your medigun. You know that if you were to step out to revive him, you'd be putting yourself in harm's way.

You suck it up, think "this is it, this is what I'm here for, this is why I am a medic.", and wait for a lull in the RAT-A-TAT-TAT song of bullets. The moment comes, you run over to your fallen friend, whip out your medigun and start applying the love.
Your mind's racing:

"25%, oh god please." is on repeat in your head.

"50%. Almost there Billy! Hang on!".

"75%, Oh no." you think as the bullets start whizzing by your FACE.

"90%, Hallejuah, he's gonna make it!"

Then...

Then...
Billy disappears.

Of course, with proper communication, this isn't a problem but not all players/squads/platoons have that communication luxury and/or skill. Even those of us that do aren't always on top of it like we should be.

***I propose that a simple message (informing the player that he/she is being revived) is displayed somewhere on the screen of the downed player the EXACT MOMENT a medic begins the revival process. This will allow downed players to make a more informed decision on whether or not to tap-out.***

One could say that the current implementation is more realistic in that once you are dead you have no further awareness of your surroundings until you are suddenly revived and are processing your senses again. However, one could argue that perhaps the downed player is still semi-alive and can 'feel' the revival process as soon as it starts.

Your thoughts?
Old 2013-02-01, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ZephyrBurst
Private

Re: [Suggestion] Show a "You are being revived!" message to the dead player the _mome

Very much yes. My roommate has mentioned wanting this on several occasions. Even wrote it up in a list of suggestions for me to post. (Cause he hates forums for some reason.)
Old 2013-02-01, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rossum
Private

Re: [Suggestion] Show a "You are being revived!" message to the dead player the _mome

One idea I had was to have a prompt to revive pop up the second you die, and it alerts you when a medic starts reviving you.

So it works out like this:

1. Die
2. On your death screen, a prompt asks "Do you want to be revived?". Hitting 'Yes" toggles it on (possibly putting an icon over your corpse so Medics will know you are looking to revive).
3. The second a medic starts reviving, a progress bar appears.
4. Once completed, you automatically revive with maybe a second or two of mercy invincibility (that ends if you take any hostile actions).

So, you do get an alert as soon as the medic starts reviving you, but you also have already decided to revive even before the medic starts the process.
Old 2013-02-01, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Twasta
Contributor
Corporal

Or have the death cam fade to black, and being revived quickly reverse said fade. Simple and easily noticeable.
Old 2013-02-01, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
DannyBellon
Private

Banging idea.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 2013-02-03, 06:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Plissket
Private

Definitely needs to be done, maybe flash the whole screen green, a tunnel of white receeding.

But just as long as the player is told - you are being revivied.
Old 2013-02-03, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

This is something that made it into the last patch. Now you can see when you're being revived.
Old 2013-02-03, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
luvthesnapper
Private

Hell of an idea, though I haven't seen it in the update yet. Using the "fade" idea and the others here would make it more engaging, if it's nothing more than a text prompt.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault