News: Matt Higby Gamespot Interview - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cyssorside the New Expansion!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-08-22, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info
Re: Matt Higby Gamespot Interview

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
Yeah got to say that the coverage around Planetside 2 seems a lot different from at least what I can remember from Planetside.

Of course back in 2003 there weren't as many gaming new sites and etc around but still.
Lets just say. Social Media is a marketing divisions dream. You know how fast anything goes through twitter now a days? god. soo fast.

They need to get a twitter account up for PS2. Im pretty sure they have this link already locked down.

http://www.twitter.com/Planetside2
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-22, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

2003 also had no facebook, youtube, or twitter. Broadband wasn't as broad, and even cell phones were only recently taking off. Now many people have the interwebs 24/7 on their phones, attention spans are shorter than ever, and you're some sort of caveman if you don't have high-speed internet.

It's a whole different world. I can't remember what life was like without a smart phone and can't even fathom not having a cell phone at all. We are definitely rapidly approaching Zombie Apocalypse. In the meantime, Planetside 2....
Old 2011-08-22, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Tired? Hell yes he is. I bet the timezone difference has been murder on him between the US and Germany.
Old 2011-08-22, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
Higby looks annihilated. I'm sure answering the same questions over and over again going through his whole schpeel of what PS is gets tiring after awhile. He looks as if will be permanently exhausted for the rest of his life and his relationship with his wife is in jeopardy because he doesn't take her to enough movies.

The mark of a good game developer.
What wife? A good game developer has a shameful tan line of where his wedding band used to be, just like a CEO.
Old 2011-08-22, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
Tired? Hell yes he is. I bet the timezone difference has been murder on him between the US and Germany.
Speaking from experience it's even worse going from here to the US, because you "lose" time during the trip. Take off in Frankfurt at 10 AM and land in the western US 9 hours later... at 11 AM...
Old 2011-08-22, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Kurtz
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I had a couple weeks off in February for my 2nd wedding (with my wife's family in Malaysia), so, not too long. I do have a nice long vacation scheduled for *censored*, so I'm looking forward to that.
Well played!
Old 2011-08-22, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
2003 also had no facebook, youtube, or twitter. Broadband wasn't as broad, and even cell phones were only recently taking off. Now many people have the interwebs 24/7 on their phones, attention spans are shorter than ever, and you're some sort of caveman if you don't have high-speed internet.

It's a whole different world. I can't remember what life was like without a smart phone and can't even fathom not having a cell phone at all. We are definitely rapidly approaching Zombie Apocalypse. In the meantime, Planetside 2....
You are absolutely right. I first heard about Planetside when I was talking to a friend of mine. I still remember the exact conversation. It was late May / early June 2003, and I said, "I wish there was a game that was a shooter like CounterStrike, except on a bigger scale like Everquest, and with vehicles and stuff. That would be rad."

I'll never forget his reply, "I think there is a game like that called Planetstar or something." My gaming life hasn't been the same since. Had I not had that conversation, I don't know if/when I would have ever heard about Planetside. The media the sequel is already getting is an excellent sign of things to come. It's a whole different world indeed.

Last edited by Raymac; 2011-08-22 at 02:57 PM.
Old 2011-08-22, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Graywolves
General

@Higby,

I know you're here, I know you're reading this. I am everywhere. (jk lol)

Check your reddit plx? I posted 20 questions a week ago and I'm starting to feel like a puppy whom you left the radio on for but it's an annoying talk show radio station and now I'm running around the house barking and ripping everything apart.

I just love that emoticon I don't know why.

Graywolves

-edit- I know you're busy and that you'll get around to it. I'm just annoying.
Old 2011-08-23, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I don't like what higby is doing with the 'class' structure still. I don't want to be confined to one role during a fight. I want to be able to carry a medical pack and a rocket rifle with me, because I fucking love the rocket rifle as much as I do my medical device.

let ME choose what to carry. Don't cater to people who are unorganised gits and can't take on a well-built and cohesive team that knows wtf we're doing.

Basically, fuck this confined to one role shit. Fuck what he said in that interview.
Old 2011-08-23, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
FIREk
Captain

You seem to be mistaking Battlefield Bad Company 2-style classes with tons of equipment options with Team Fortress 2.
Old 2011-08-23, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Bags
Lieutenant General

Actually, TF2 has so many weapons now the classes can all pretty much do the same shit any more.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion