Should terrain and trees have a kill count? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: could this game get me my driving cetification?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-21, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: Should terrain and trees have a kill count?

Originally Posted by SniperSteve View Post
I don't think it is something that can easily be done from the technical standpoint.
It can be done, but it will add stress to both the server and the database. And it is quite some work.

The big question is: Can they add such a feature now without going over every single tree/bush/stone/whatever again? (to give each object its very own kill count).

Otherwise, just a general kill statistic showing where someone died, and by what. But then trees wont have kill counts, and cant gain BR and Cert points, to buy themself leaf sidegrades.
Old 2012-04-21, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Plant growth is affected by how many people die near to it? FEED ME SEYMOUR!
Old 2012-04-21, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
That one noob
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Plant growth is affected by how many people die near to it? FEED ME SEYMOUR!
You do realize that there is gonna be that one tree that is going to be bigger than the biggest Bio-Lab because everyone is gonna crash into it, right?

Last edited by That one noob; 2012-04-21 at 03:22 PM.
Old 2012-04-21, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Machine
Corporal

Environmental deaths should be counted and what class/vehicle. I wouldn't go so far as to say what tree but a grid xyz coordinate system being included and time would be cool because a heat map over time... even over years would be awesome to mine for data and see how many cloakers died in front of consoles, baddie reavers crashing into roads, and maxes dying in water... if water still kills the same.
Old 2012-04-22, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Otherwise, just a general kill statistic showing where someone died, and by what. But then trees wont have kill counts, and cant gain BR and Cert points, to buy themself leaf sidegrades.
That's the most I'd go for. I'd love to see Ishundar rendered as an impact death point cloud like they did for Just Cause 2. Sure, the trees will complain about imbalance but they're trees, what are they gonna do? Leaf?
Old 2012-04-23, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Purple
Sergeant Major

it would be an OP killing machine if we cold somehow clock a tree. not to mention very fun... flying along and suddenly a tree.
Old 2012-04-23, 05:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Erendil
First Lieutenant

This idea is pure win, if for no other reason than to constantly see "Tree" in the #1 slot on the Leaderboards.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
PeteHMB
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tapman View Post
I think that it would be cool to see statistics about terrain that can help define certain territories as high-risk areas that skilled pilots can test themselves on.

Every bullet is going to be tracked in this game, and each bit of damage as well. When damage occurs without the influence of a bullet, it is credited to the terrain of the area. No need to separate trees from rocks, the environments should speak for themselves.
One of the Devs, I forget who, already stated in one interview that they've designed a specific portion of the testing area to be an ATV track with lots of jumps. I wonder if we could get them to build a piloting course to race mosquito vs mosquito or mossy vs reaver around...either something with floating rings ala Starfox, or a canyon run. Major bonus points if they make a trench run...
Old 2012-04-23, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by PeteHMB View Post
One of the Devs, I forget who, already stated in one interview that they've designed a specific portion of the testing area to be an ATV track with lots of jumps. I wonder if we could get them to build a piloting course to race mosquito vs mosquito or mossy vs reaver around...either something with floating rings ala Starfox, or a canyon run. Major bonus points if they make a trench run...
I'd love that too. I don't know how many times I ran the Ishundar trench run just for the hell of it.

Old 2012-04-23, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by That one noob View Post
You do realize that there is gonna be that one tree that is going to be bigger than the biggest Bio-Lab because everyone is gonna crash into it, right?
yes, and when outfitbases finally make it into the game the NC will build their biggest outpost in the branches of this tree! it should be big enough by then...

want it!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-04-23, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by PeteHMB View Post
floating rings wouldn´t fit into the game, but a strange formation of canyons with holes in them would do the job for sure!
or if on the city continent with ruined big buildings, the ruins could deliver such a course.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-04-24, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Seems like a heat map of terrain-based deaths should be pretty easy to set up. Within that, maybe players will be able to set and share waypoints or map markers indicating where deadly trees oand slopes are at...
Old 2012-04-25, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
onwee
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
Seems like a heat map of terrain-based deaths should be pretty easy to set up. Within that, maybe players will be able to set and share waypoints or map markers indicating where deadly trees oand slopes are at...
I like the heatmap idea. Instead of combat icons like before you could look at a heatmap that gives stats on combat deaths, player population (your faction only), or other useful statistics.
Old 2012-04-25, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by onwee View Post
I like the heatmap idea. Instead of combat icons like before you could look at a heatmap that gives stats on combat deaths, player population (your faction only), or other useful statistics.
that would be nice.
Old 2012-04-26, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Spitfire Turret used to have the most kills second only to High Explosive Mine

Me I say Nerf the Trees, make it so you can burn or break emdown.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion