Dual Pistols - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "fk help atatk me som zombies o pleze o kol??" - VS CR5 Global
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-12, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Plus there's the assault rifle's RoF.
Old 2003-05-12, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, that too, of course, i don't play vanu, so i don't know the beamer's RoF from the pulsar's. i can only assume the beamer is slower.
Old 2003-05-12, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Straynjer
Private

Think about RL. Why does someone choose a single weapon? Because you can aim easier. Why does someone choose 2 pistols in a gunfight? Cause they are the sheriff and a god. Use 2 weapons at a cost to accuracy - so alter the CoF as was noted before. Then it would really only become a significant advantage for indoor battles.

If the CoF was nerfed appropriately it wouldn't be unbalanced at all.
Old 2003-05-12, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Think of how badass, that would be, all Matrix style, �io would love it, being "The One" and all, pull out ur cycler or whatever, empty the clip, and switch to 2 pistols and be like BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM MOTHERFU*KERS! BRING IT!! BOOM BOOM BOOM

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2003-05-12, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

hell yeah! and as you said, alter the CoF, because... seriously, who can aim with two pistols at once? I still like the idea
Old 2003-05-13, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Straynjer
Private

Because this game has a CoF concept I think it will have much more flexibility in the nature of new weapons that we know will be pumped into the game at a splendid rate by the continuously funded game developers.

And look, I never said "better be" once. Except then of course.
Old 2003-05-13, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Angelos
First Sergeant

RoF can't be taken into account since you'd have two pistols. You don't fire both at same time, you alternate. So you can fire just as fast if not faster than the assault rifle.

AND I can aim with 2 pistols. You know those shooting games at the arcade? I pop in a dollar and use both guns. It seems to be one of the only things I can multitask on, shooting people.
Old 2003-05-13, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

i don't know how fast you can pull a trigger, but im sure its not as fast as a fully-auto weapon... just a guess

EDIT: Angelos, hey just wondering if you still had the url for that weapons stats thing, or if anyone did for that matter, would like to see that. Thanks.

Last edited by RUEN; 2003-05-13 at 01:04 AM.
Old 2003-05-13, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Angelos
First Sergeant

It's in the beta forums in the gameplay feedback forum.
Old 2003-05-13, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Matuse
First Sergeant

AND I can aim with 2 pistols. You know those shooting games at the arcade? I pop in a dollar and use both guns.
Wow, being able to shoot 2 pistols that fire beams of light with no trigger pull weight, no kick, unlimited ammunition, and an extremely forgiving hitbox obviously means that you would be a master at a running firefight with real weapons. Clearly.

Fact of the matter is, trained professionals using one handgun in BOTH hands will miss a man-sized target past 15 feet most of the time in an actual firefight. Using 2 guns at the same time, and achieving any sort of useful accuracy is lovely fiction, but nothing approaching reality.

Would it work in the game? Sure. But what would be the point? Do you think someone in NC is going to take 2 mag-scatters over a single jackhammer?
Old 2003-05-13, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Angelos
First Sergeant

Who said I had unlimited ammo, no trigger pull weight, or no kick-back?

And I bet I could take a ton of guys out with two pistols in my hands past 15 feet. And there is "clearly" no way you can say otherwise mr fancy pants.

Old 2003-05-13, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Stregone
Private

real guns have more kick than those time crisis guns
Old 2003-05-13, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
obskure
Private

this is a great idea, dual wielded pistols would be nice for guys that like to go gung ho rambo style into bases
Old 2003-05-13, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Holo
Private

I think it sounds really cool, but as it's already been mentioned, you CoF would have to take a major hit, for both the purposes of somewhate realistic physics and to keep it on par with other weapons.

-Black Hawks-
www.bhhq.com
Old 2003-05-13, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

"You can't aim with 2 pistols"

Chow Yun Fat manages it in 'The Killer' only jokin (I recommend the film though!)

I know it would be stupidly overpowered but: pistol in one hand, grenade launcher in the other (Terminator 2 style!) would be cool. For Reinforced armour guys of course.

Oh yeah, can drivers of the open top vehicles shoot pistols whilst driving. Because most people can drive with one hand, so you might as well shoot with the other
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion