I'm a noob!! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Let the The New Word Association Thread die!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-01, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
EarlyDawn
Major General

My Certs:
BR 14
CR 2

Weapons
Medium Assault
Anti-Vehicular

Armor
Agile
Reinforced
Sparrow (AA) MAX

Equipment
Medical
Advanced Medical

Vehicles
Harasser

Implants
Darklight
Surge

Overall, I'd call this setup "Moble Assault". It offers a good blend of solid firepower with multi-passenger mobility and the ability to take on vehicles both in the air and on the ground. Combine that with some armor setups that utilize both Agile and Reinforced, along with Medkits and grenades and you have a solid setup.
Old 2003-09-01, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

i suggest u dont go with a gal. youll always have a squad, but all youll realy be doing is picking ppl up, taking them 2 there destanation, landing gal far away and repairing. then staying with the gal. u might do the occansionl sucide run with a gal.
Old 2003-09-01, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Yeps

I know, and agree. I still like the liberator better.
I think I'm going to work on hacking at the moment though. All too often I end up in seemingly empty facilities in empty territory. I'd like to be able to take them myself or at least have access to equipment and vehicles.
Old 2003-09-01, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Cease
First Sergeant

If you go with hacking I suggest you go all the way to Adv Hacking. Thats 5 points. So if you don't have that yet, then don't bother with hacking till you have it.

By that I mean don't spend 3 points on hacking until you have 2 to put to Adv Hacking. Those 3 points can go to AV certs, support certs, another vehicle, MAX suit, etc until you can afford Adv Hacking.

In a previous post you mentioned possibly getting a Mosquito. There are several reasons this plane is quite popular.

1> Base/Tower turrets don't auto-fire on them.
2> Tech Center not required for a Mosquito.
3> Able to detect movement when flying at slower speeds.

As you can see the "Skeeter" makes a nice scouting aircraft. Great for seeking out enemy AMSs along with scouting resistance at an enemy base.

With your interest in Hacking -- Adv Hacking + Mosquito make a good combo for tower hacking.
Old 2003-09-01, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

hey

Hey thanks. Thats some valuable info on the skeeter that I didn't know and I'll take your advice on the hacking.

Now I finally have another dumb Noob question.
I've participated in the hacking of several facilities, but I don't really know how it works I know you need to hack the main console but what's with these LLUs?

Last edited by Nimbus; 2003-09-01 at 02:17 PM.
Old 2003-09-01, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

First, look at the map. You'll notice that different bases have different icons near their name. The ones that look like clocks are time hack bases. For this to work, a person (any person with a REK, whether or not they have the hacking/adv hacking certs) makes his/her way to the CC and hacks it.
Then it goes through a 15 minute countdown, during which the base must be defended. Once the 15 minutes are up, the base becomes your empire's.
The defending army needs only to make their way to the CC and rehack it to resecure the base.

The other icon is one that resembles a flag. This is a LLU base. As before, someone hacks the CC, but instead of a countdown, an object known as the LLU spawns in the base (its location depends on the type of facility). Any non-max armor can carry it (though if a cloaker grabs it, his cloak is disabled). The objective is to bring the LLU to a friendly base one lattice link away.
The problems are:
a) the carrier starts glowing brightly
b) he appears on the map as a glowing dot
c) he cannot drive any vehicle
d) he cannot ride in any air vehicle
e) he has a 15 minute time limit
To capture the base, he brings the LLU to the nearby friendly facility's CC.

The defending empire has two methods to prevent the hack:
a) they must kill the LLU carrier, and "camp" it (defending empire cannot pick up the LLU) until the 15 minute time limit is up.
b) they must make their way to the hacked base's CC and rehack it.

Hope this helps
Old 2003-09-02, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

One thing you should know. With the Hacking cert, not adv hacking, you can still jack vehicles. It's painfully slow though.
Old 2003-09-02, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion