The new empire based Deliverers and fury - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: afraid? why would we be afraid?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-21, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Well i hope it will be okay. I mean its true. Why can't the Dev be a little bit more imaginitive? I mean the VS could of had a hover troop carrier, with a new energy weapon.
TR could of had a Amphibious Tracked vehicle with Larger Chain-gun like weaponary.
TR could of had a eight wheel troop carrier with a large rail-gun like weapon.
It's different and it would of made it much more enjoyable, as it give the player of a certain pride in the specialities of their Empires.
I just don't understand.
And the talk of the "flux" like weaponary IS distressing.
I only use a Thresher for transportation.
No one ever use it to attack the enemy. The weapon there is just to give the thresher some breathing space to get away.
Even the magrider isn't really seen around much.
All opposition say its a great weapon. I think so too, great against reavers.
But if it's so good, how come you don't see so many of them around? how come we don't see them in the great numbers as we see Vanu maxes field? or like the Vanguard?
I think there are some fundamental flaws in the Vanu Empire balance.
[/rant]

Wow. i feel better

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-04-21, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
EarlyDawn
Major General

This is really enticing me to be a empire driver once shared vehicle XP and chat channel is released, along with those improvements that let you see where cogunners are looking. I'll just pop a Battle Wagon (Should be called the Predator, imo, sticks with the Prowler/Marauder theme), let non squad/outfit guys gun, and just be a wheelman.

I'm worried that the Battle Wagon is gonna get hit with Prower syndrome, where you can't get enough (competent) gunners to gun when you need them. The Thunderer sounds awesome, I hope the heavy gauss cannons are like that gun on the back of the E3 Halo 2 trailer, linear fire, damage per hit between "moderate" and "good", with not so much splash damage, but a knockback radius if it hits a person or lands lear them. The Aurora will be nice, as commented, if they get the physics right and it's like a ripple-fire fuel rod gun.

Don't know about the Fury yet. I wonder if the rocket is gonna have an arc or not.

Last edited by EarlyDawn; 2004-04-21 at 07:57 PM.
Old 2004-04-21, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by PhoenixTypeX
As far as I can see his argument was balanced and truthfull. What people do not appreciate is people trying to butch up their image and make themselves seem more important by comparing themselves to a terrible time in history (the reign of the nazis) when millions died. Consider this a warning from your local sensible man second-in-command. And anyway Mr BR10 what makes you so sure you know anything about Planetside in comparison to him for all you know he could be a gamer who has been playing since beta. Also Im not quite sure how you think you can be a expert on the VS empire when blackwidow company is a TR outfit and you only seem to have 252 kills in total. You havn't really got many certs either mate have you with your "MA,RE,AV,HA," and thats about it. In future leave people alone and stfu unless you have something reasonable and usefull to say. So what if he didn't include grammer, I'm sure everyone got the gist of what he was trying to say. And actually looking at his post again now he included full stops, commas, speach marks and ooo question marks. Damn kids.
Oh, you poor child. My dear boy, I have been playing since September, as all 3 Empires, have been a member of several good Outfits, and have been on PSU since September as well. Calling me a n00b, with statements such as 'Mr BR10' and 'you only have 252 kills total', merely shows your n00b status on PSU. As for the Nazi reference, you may not be aware that a 'nazi' on this forum is one who corrects minute errors in grammar and spelling. In conclusion, please note that the point of my original post was to encourage correct grammar: It makes many of us here on PSU much more inclined to bear out your argument in their own cognitive process.
Old 2004-04-21, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Gunslanger
Sergeant

For all of you former OFer's, please listen up: Dorothy, you're not in Sudan anymore. Here on PSU, we appreciate well thought-out criticisms, provided that they are well-collated and informative. What we do not appreciate are poorly written, ungrammatical tirades. Consider this a warning from your local Nazi second-in-command.
the above person who wrote this is obviously an idiot. instead of posting something to do with the thread-agree or disagree-he attacks my grammer. look here, playa: this is a damn GAME FORUM! i don't give a good goddam how my grammer is here. i type what comes to mind in all lower case. you got a problem with that, don't read my post. in my job, i have to ocaisionally write official memorandums, do official evaluation reports, and many other things. where do you work? mcdonalds?
anyway, back to the real subject...
someone mentioned maybe sony can make it hover. i think that would be awsome. just making it hover alone and keeping the original weapons on there would be great-but, of course, if you make it hover, it just won't be complete without some type of official vanu weapon.
How do you gusy no the they are goin to be exactaly like the Flux Cannon the threasher has Spork Said it will be nothing alike
that sounds GREAT to me! good. i can't access official site from here (work), but, i could swear that it said the weapons on the VS deliverer will be "like" or "similiar" to the flux cannon. or something of that nature. and like i said, of course VS people will ge worried, cuz they all know the flux cannon sucks. VS aren't too concerned with whose is more powerful. i think its more of VS feeling screwed they are going to get a USELESS POS as apposed to the other empires getting (what sounds like) useful vehicles. like i said, of course its a little premature to be judging it at this moment. but, bringing up the flux cannon in comparison was not very smart of sony. now the secondary mode of fire sounds interesting.
Old 2004-04-21, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
KIAsan
First Sergeant

I don't know, but I still think this is a secret plot to soak up as many TR troops as possible. Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket. Why not just give us a del with two 30mm guns? Would be just as effective and wouldn't require half a friggin squad to field it effectively.

I will be interested in seeing 1 v 1 fights between all the empire wagons. I bet the VS and NC will be just as effective in battle as TR with 2 less people.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-04-22, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

wtf is a flux cannon
Old 2004-04-22, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

That cannon on the thresher!
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-04-22, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by Gunslanger
the above person who wrote this is obviously an idiot. instead of posting something to do with the thread-agree or disagree-he attacks my grammer. look here, playa: this is a damn GAME FORUM! i don't give a good goddam how my grammer is here. i type what comes to mind in all lower case. you got a problem with that, don't read my post. in my job, i have to ocaisionally write official memorandums, do official evaluation reports, and many other things. where do you work? mcdonalds?
Intriguing. I hope that you understand that my post was merely a pointer that would certainly induce the intelligent people of this board to pay closer attention to what was said. I know that I and many others will pay much closer attention to an idea when it is carefully written out, with as few excited and ungrammatical exclaimations as possible. If you're more inclined towards the "OMG 1337 hax0r! N3rf teh Lasher!!11", then so be it.
Old 2004-04-22, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Hoza
Private

The following post contains rampant speculation, though not bitching about the weaponary of the Aurora. If you're firmly of the belief that we shouldn't talk about it until it's on play test then I'd advise you not to read.

It sounds to me like the TR have got themselves a super Transport that can defend itself better than the Deli can and will be usefull as a limited Anti Air asset. Only Armour will really pose a threat to the squad inside, as infantry and aircraft get turned to mush by it's multiple guns.

NC have got themselves something more middle of the road, not as defensive perhaps as the BattleWagon, but packs a punch and is able get a half squad about safely. It's a bit less transporty and a bit more tanky (Yes those are real words!). Might even be able to pose a threat to tanks, and will have the Magriders accuracy for aircraft and sniper-like AV'ers.

The VS have got themselves a mobile medium artillary piece - possibly not that great as a transport because it's likely to be vunerable to air attacks, but useful in a number of situations - probably leathal to close packed infantry such as those at a tower or AMS, and with indirect fire may be able to strike at armour and move before being caught. This gives the empire as a whole more flexibility.

Originally Posted by KIAsan
I will be interested in seeing 1 v 1 fights between all the empire wagons. I bet the VS and NC will be just as effective in battle as TR with 2 less people.
I think that all the new variants will be useful at different times and have different roles, if the BattleWagon is essentially a super transport then the people inside would have been sat inside a deli anyway - only now they get a gun

Like I said, it's all speculation anyway - but it's better than work!
Old 2004-04-22, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Originally Posted by TheN00b
Oh, you poor child. My dear boy, I have been playing since September, as all 3 Empires, have been a member of several good Outfits, and have been on PSU since September as well. Calling me a n00b, with statements such as 'Mr BR10' and 'you only have 252 kills total', merely shows your n00b status on PSU. As for the Nazi reference, you may not be aware that a 'nazi' on this forum is one who corrects minute errors in grammar and spelling. In conclusion, please note that the point of my original post was to encourage correct grammar: It makes many of us here on PSU much more inclined to bear out your argument in their own cognitive process.
Excuse me? Don't patronise me, as far as I can see your only 13 or 14 and if you wonder how I know that it's because it's on your profile. Im a poor child? i'm 25 thank you. I don't care how long you have been on PSU I've been playing since beta but I've only recently come on PSU as the forums have become more acceptable. I don't actually remember calling you a noob at any point and I never use words like that anyway. And do not try baffling me with words like cognitive processes as I have a degree in psychology. And if you want to be grammatically correct, your sentence should read "It makes many of us here on PSU, much more inclined to bear your argument in our own personal cognitive processes. Sounds like you got that out of, one of my old psychology text books. Also maybe you should have thought about adding in some punctuation into the sentence. It's hard for me to be inclined to bear your argument in my cognitive process when it is not written correctly. I find it quite amusing how people think they "rule the world" or so to speak, down a phone or cable wires transmitting binary code when in real life they would be so much more humble and respectfull. Very in-personal talking like this isn't it? Although some people still treat others with respect something which you have failed to do. Gunslanger I am still on your side with this issue even if you did not have full gramatically correct sentences I, as most people will look past that and recognise a good post. I also belive you have no basis to call give me the label of "noob status" seeing as you don't know me, who I am or what I am like. Learn some respect.

Last edited by PhoenixTypeX; 2004-04-22 at 12:20 PM.
Old 2004-04-22, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Doppler
Contributor
Major

One of you be the bigger man and just drop it, better yet both of you just STFU. I feel like ii'm repeating myself.
Old 2004-04-22, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Doppler
One of you be the bigger man and just drop it, better yet both of you just STFU. I feel like ii'm repeating myself.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-04-22, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
SquirrelMan
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Doppler

chill.

Anyways, I dont see what's wrong with the Aurora. Even if it is a lobbed flux cannon, it now has two of them. That equals twice the firepower, right? And besides the flail, the VS have no artillery piece (I think...), until the Aurora. It could be very useful.
Old 2004-04-22, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hoza
It sounds to me like the TR have got themselves a super Transport that can defend itself better than the Deli can and will be usefull as a limited Anti Air asset. Only Armour will really pose a threat to the squad inside, as infantry and aircraft get turned to mush by it's multiple guns.

I think that all the new variants will be useful at different times and have different roles, if the BattleWagon is essentially a super transport then the people inside would have been sat inside a deli anyway - only now they get a gun
Yeah, more people get a gun, but they are only doing a bit more damage. By my count, I see 60mm of gun in a TR wagon, compared to 40mm in a Del. For the same 5 people, I could field 2 dels with the same 60mm. And in that scenario, the two dels would be superior, since they have greater speed/maneuverability over the TR wagon (not to mention a better chance at survival, more ammo, more transport space and more potential to up the damage (add 1 more gunner for 80mm total).

Anyway, I'm waiting to see this on the test server, but so far, this idea for the TR wagon is looking real thin. It is looking like the prowler all over again, more people required to effectively field it, thus less of them on the road. At least we will still have the original del to fall back on and it will give us a new toy to play with for a while.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-04-23, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Why the hell dont people drive that thing. You get that much more firepower from everyone fireing all the guns serperatly. Those things shoud be more feared than a legion of vangaurds.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion