Why so nerfed? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote has been taken out of context.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-26, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Why so nerfed?

In the top 15 of the leaderboard, the NC have two. :/

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
Old 2012-11-26, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
rhilir
Private

all empires infantry weapons like they said are the same. We tried it in beta. The only real difference is the main battle tanks.
Old 2012-11-26, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by rhilir View Post
all empires infantry weapons like they said are the same. We tried it in beta. The only real difference is the main battle tanks.
That might be true, but each faction can start with a different weapon which skews the perception that it is all balanced. Like the VS and TR infiltrators start with the semi-auto rifle while the NC has the bolt action. Guess which one I frequently heard being complained about in beta for being OP while I was playing all three factions? NC infiltrators.
Old 2012-11-26, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
lazerface
Private

My point with this wasn't to just talk about the weapons, I also feel as if the NC vehicles are nerfed as well. The scythe hovers before you even spend any certs, and the mosquitoes are the quickest and most maneuverable. Shouldnt the Reavers at least get superior firepower? The prowlers have more maneuverability and more shots, not to mention the mag-rider turbo. There isn't really an NC trait that gives it an edge.
Old 2012-11-26, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
FuzzyandBlue
Corporal

For me the largest problem with the NC guns is not that they have a lot of recoil, its that after the first two or three shots the recoil becomes unpredictable. Maybe its not the recoil its self but the animation of firing has you're gun jumping all over the place which makes me feel like I have to correct for that. Also hip firing is almost impossible on a moving target.

As some have said tanks feel fairly balanced, I do feel like the prowler is a little on the weak side though. I'm not sure why though, any TR what to chip in?
Old 2012-11-26, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Xaine
Major

Not sure I believe that.

None of the Carbines the VS have match the TRAC-5. Fire rate, damage, low recoil and good range.
Old 2012-11-26, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

Like Hamma said, we tend to think that grass is always greener on the other side.
How many times have you killed someone and said "Man, he must think my gun is op"

In terms of infantry, I feel that its pretty balance, although I'd say TR is best, but by a small amount. Dat trac-5
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!
Old 2012-11-26, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by SturmovikDrakon View Post
is the problem really in recoil and not their COF?
recoil is manageable, but I often times find that their cone blooms faster than the other factions
I wonder something about PS2s gunplay.

Is the COF due to RBS (random bullet spread) or the movement of the gun (like in ARMA for example)?

A game with RBS ties recoil hand in hand with RBS. So that means no matter how you fight recoil with skill, you'll never be able to aim the gun as well as someone with a low recoil gun. Staying on target will not only be harder for the high recoil player, but it'll still miss just as much thanks to RBS.
Old 2012-11-26, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
GLaDOS
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by lazerface View Post
My point with this wasn't to just talk about the weapons, I also feel as if the NC vehicles are nerfed as well. The scythe hovers before you even spend any certs, and the mosquitoes are the quickest and most maneuverable. Shouldnt the Reavers at least get superior firepower? The prowlers have more maneuverability and more shots, not to mention the mag-rider turbo. There isn't really an NC trait that gives it an edge.
That's not really true. The Scythe can hover better than the other aircraft, true, but the Reaver is actually the quickest, considering it has the best afterburner and vertical lift. That lift is quite helpful in dogfights as well (it might have better weapons, too, but I don't know). The Vanguard is actually 5 KPH faster than the Mag, and has more health. Also, the Mag's turbo is its special ability, which the Vanguard has in the form of a shield that makes it invincible for a few seconds.
Old 2012-11-26, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I wonder something about PS2s gunplay.

Is the COF due to RBS (random bullet spread) or the movement of the gun (like in ARMA for example)?

A game with RBS ties recoil hand in hand with RBS. So that means no matter how you fight recoil with skill, you'll never be able to aim the gun as well as someone with a low recoil gun. Staying on target will not only be harder for the high recoil player, but it'll still miss just as much thanks to RBS.
Its COF, the COF for the lmg on at 10m is several meters wide
Old 2012-11-26, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
AThreatToYou
Major

Guys. I'm sure you're all experienced players, but if you're NC, burst fire is a requirement for all but knife-fight range. I don't mean 3-rounds; a 6-round burst is sufficient to kill a target and is controllable across all 30-round clip weapons at medium range. Gauss SAW is a def. a little bad but there's a 100 cert badass gun just waiting to get certed into for HA.
It is pretty conditional. I would agree with some sort of NC being underpowered but I am not experiencing it personally, just on a faction-wide basis, but there are times where I definitely notice the TR have some things underpowered about them. For example, I have never died to someone using the T8 Chieftan.
Old 2012-11-26, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Arkanor
Private

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Everyone thinks everyone else is overpowered which means they have done a pretty good job on balance. Only the devs know the true statistics.
Not really, there's a general consensus that TR ROF and accuracy contributes to a significant TTK advantage. NC infantry weapons, with a couple of exceptions are totally pants right now by comparison. Look at the CARV vs the Gauss SAW or the Repeater vs the Mag Shot.

Now, it doesn't mean the faction is useless. The Prowler has some issues of its own (mainly its special ability that plays completely counter to its strengths), and the Reaver has the superior gun strength that makes for a good ground attack craft.

I personally think Vanu has a slight edge right now due to the crazy holding accuracy on some of those guns and a pretty unique tank (that can cert away it's problem of not being able to shoot over chest high walls).

Last edited by Arkanor; 2012-11-26 at 06:48 PM.
Old 2012-11-26, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Arkanor View Post
I personally think Vanu has a slight edge right now due to the crazy holding accuracy on some of those guns and a pretty unique tank (that can cert away it's problem of not being able to shoot over chest high walls).
Doesn't matter how accurate our guns are, if we miss a shot against an equally skilled TR, we loose most of the time.

Of course, Magrider is still op, but the ying and yang are slowly achieving balance
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!
Old 2012-11-26, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by james View Post
Its COF, the COF for the lmg on at 10m is several meters wide
I asked what makes the COF. COF is just where the bullets go not how they get there.

RBS is where you fire the weapon and it can get a high COF without moving.

What ever you can call what ARMA does is where the bullets go where the gun is pointing, no matter what. Firing a weapon with that takes every movement in to factor where the bullet lands. It'll never shoot at an angle.

It's impossible to control the COF with a RBS gunplay. The ARMA style lets you control the COF by countering the reocil, hard as hell to do but doable.
Old 2012-11-26, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Goldeh
Staff Sergeant

In other news the MCG is fun to use.

Would you like to know more? Pair it up with AA Grounder.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion