New Outfits Are Pointless - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Almost as addictive as Space Invaders... Almost.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-06, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Ambient
Private

Re: New Outfits Are Pointless

Originally Posted by Soyokaze View Post
Basically agree with all of that stuff.

Except for Battlekeeps. What are Battlekeeps? Some stupid crap they introduced once everyone had left after Core Combat, like BFRs, planets, & such?
*facepalm*

haha did you play the same Planetside?

He's referring to Age of Conan
Old 2012-07-06, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ArcIyte View Post
that is retarded
That doesn't make it any less true.

Old 2012-07-06, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
jepaul
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
An outfit is only as good as its worst member. That is Rule #1 in PlanetSide.
We have a few members that get on TS while laying in their bed in a burn center. Both can type well but there mouse hands have specific buttons due to the loss of their fingers. They speak well most of the time but they aren't the best players and I wouldnt trade either of them for 100 idiots just like you. They have my back every single time and do just what is asked without complaint. They don't shoot that well and are probably our weakest link. Does that mean my entire outfit is weak because I have member laid up in a hospital burn unit. Fuck you dude. Some things are bigger than games and I'll place $1000 in escrow says my outfit would wipe yours if 4 hours.

Last edited by jepaul; 2012-07-06 at 10:55 AM.
Old 2012-07-06, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

/derp

I agree, we need no new outfits.

/derp off
Old 2012-07-06, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Blue Sam
Corporal

Originally Posted by Soyokaze View Post
Just posted what I found. As far as I know, that's just an old screenshot someone took and put online. If I goofed any math, woops, but I believe that's all right. Unfortunately the point cap means that, at this point, the leaderboards are entirely useless to us.

Just to increase the sample sizes, here's another screenshot from the same user labled October 3rd
That proves exactly and precisely nothing. As outfit points are a linear additive combination of all of the combinations of the members, larger outfits would be at the top, regardless of how uncoordinated they were.
Old 2012-07-06, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by jepaul View Post
We have a few members that get on TS while laying in their bed in a burn center. Both can type well but there mouse hands have specific buttons due to the loss of their fingers. They speak well most of the time but they aren't the best players and I wouldnt trade either of them for 100 idiots just like you. They have my back every single time and do just what is asked without complaint. They don't shoot that well and are probably our weakest link. Does that mean my entire outfit is weak because I have member laid up in a hospital burn unit. Fuck you dude. Some things are bigger than games and I'll place $1000 in escrow says my outfit would wipe yours if 4 hours.
So what you are saying is that just because they are handicapped, they are your worst members?

Who the fuck are YOU to call ME and idiot? Maybe they need to join my outfit.

Fuckin' asshole.

Last edited by Baneblade; 2012-07-06 at 07:08 PM.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
iburnmycd
Sergeant

Damn straight, and we're happy to have them. It's a shame some people have nothing better to do but take games so seriously. Remember, it's just a game and at best, an outlet for your frustration. Don't make it anything more than that and enjoy the game because there are many people that can't play for various reasons.

So what you are saying is that just because they are handicapped, they are your worst members?

Fuckin' asshole.
I'm calling you out as well. You, sir, are an idiot. No where did JP say that "because they are handicapped, they are our worst members". He said that despite their unfortunate situation, they still play the game and we're happy to have them even if they are not capable of playing their best at this time.

Everyone has off days, it just so happens this soldier is having a bad few months (if not more with rehab). Are you so insensitive that you'd kick an outfit mate from your outfit because he couldn't play well for a few months while he's in recovery? If that's the case, I hope every single one of your outfit members leave you high and dry because you don't deserve to lead a group anywhere.

I may be new to the Planetside Universe; however, if this is the type of intolerance I'm going to see from the PS community, I'm going to have to seriously rethink my involvement.

Last edited by iburnmycd; 2012-07-06 at 11:36 PM.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

I honestly couldn't care either way. If outfits get too big it will be chaotic. More outfits means more room for seperate playstyles and individual operations to happen at once. I think funneling people into outfits would make the game less interesting.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
utshost
Private

hey Baneblade..... congrats you just tried to mock jp,and failed. and our good friend that is a vet.... you sir are a twat waffle.

and to burn, i never have a "off day" not me i'm in my prime!!!

Last edited by utshost; 2012-07-06 at 11:50 PM.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
jepaul
First Sergeant

Fuckin' asshole.

I don't even know what to say to this.

I wouldn't give those two guys up for 50 organized ps1 vets regardless of whether they contribute in the KD department or not. They might not roll A squad during CAL or TWL but they are the first on TS and the last to leave.

And when it comes to MMO's no body plays more or learns more about the nuances of the game then they do. They educate me everyday, not only about the game we are playing, but more importantly about how fortunate I am to have what I have.

I'll take my top 10 and you pick yours. I'll include my two guys, who, by no fault of their own, aren't able to physically play as well as most, and we will wipe your fucking outfit off what ever area we are fighting over. Pick some obscure hex and name the time.
Old 2012-07-07, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by iburnmycd View Post
I'm calling you out as well. You, sir, are an idiot. No where did JP say that "because they are handicapped, they are our worst members". He said that despite their unfortunate situation, they still play the game and we're happy to have them even if they are not capable of playing their best at this time.
I never said anything different, he was the one who jumped up to point out that his 'worst' players are in a burn unit. So get off my balls.

Everyone has off days, it just so happens this soldier is having a bad few months (if not more with rehab). Are you so insensitive that you'd kick an outfit mate from your outfit because he couldn't play well for a few months while he's in recovery?
Wait, so you consider him your worst player too? What is it with you guys and trying to make it seem like I'm the one saying it? Why would anyone kick someone for that?

I may be new to the Planetside Universe; however, if this is the type of intolerance I'm going to see from the PS community, I'm going to have to seriously rethink my involvement.
Don't worry, that kind of intolerance came in with your outfit apparently.

Originally Posted by utshost View Post
hey Baneblade..... congrats you just tried to mock jp,and failed. and our good friend that is a vet.... you sir are a twat waffle.
I didn't try to mock anyone, I am genuinely infuriated that 'jp' talks and thinks about his handicapped member that way.

I don't even know what to say to this.
You could start by admitting you are a douche that uses his handicapped friend as an excuse to netbash someone for making a general statement that you took and made a personal issue with.

I wouldn't give those two guys up for 50 organized ps1 vets regardless of whether they contribute in the KD department or not. They might not roll A squad during CAL or TWL but they are the first on TS and the last to leave.
I was saying they should give you up fuckwit, you came in here looking for a holy crusade. I'm just sorry they got dragged into your issues.

more importantly about how fortunate I am to have what I have.
You don't come across that way to me. The burn unit isn't a joke.

I'll take my top 10 and you pick yours. I'll include my two guys, who, by no fault of their own, aren't able to physically play as well as most, and we will wipe your fucking outfit off what ever area we are fighting over. Pick some obscure hex and name the time.
Aren't you the big man trying to cover up your douchebaggery with bravado. So glad I don't have to see your outfit on my team. I bet your two burn unit members aren't going to be happy with you for using them as a PR stunt.

Old 2012-07-07, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

You'll find that only a select few of the "old" PS1 outfits will be relevant in PS2. The majority of the competition will come from new outfits that were forged in games long after PS1.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Quard
Private

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
You'll find that only a select few of the "old" PS1 outfits will be relevant in PS2. The majority of the competition will come from new outfits that were forged in games long after PS1.
I'm proud of you. Acceptance is the first step to recovery.
Old 2012-07-07, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Quard View Post
I'm proud of you. Acceptance is the first step to recovery.
Pardon? I've accepted long ago that we will be one of the select few outfits from PlanetSide to be relevant in PlanetSide 2 so I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at; ours is the burden of excellence after all. And if that was your attempt at a "witty" jab at me I simply have to take but one look at your "Green Day" avatar to realize that you're not only worth ignoring but probably below me on a social level as well.

With that being said I've graced this thread with my divine presence so you may now all carry on with your silly discussion.

Last edited by BuzzCutPsycho; 2012-07-07 at 12:12 PM.
Old 2012-07-07, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
iburnmycd
Sergeant

I never said anything different, he was the one who jumped up to point out that his 'worst' players are in a burn unit. So get off my balls.
He said 'probably the worst' since when does 'probably' == 'are' or 'definitely'. Master the English language and you'll understand the difference.

Wait, so you consider him your worst player too? What is it with you guys and trying to make it seem like I'm the one saying it? Why would anyone kick someone for that?
Did I say he was the worst? No, I said he isn't playing at the top of his game right now. You really are a moron aren't you?

Don't worry, that kind of intolerance came in with your outfit apparently.
You are the one that has been arguing about the weakest link and how the whole outfit suffers from one (or a few) less than stellar players. I suggest you read your own posts; You are the one preaching to stop new outfits because PS1 vets have it 'on the lockdown', which translates to "you are new, you don't belong" and is basically the definition of intolerance. For the love of god, pick up a dictionary and learn a few new words. I'll even settle for you visiting http://www.merriam-webster.com/ once a day and checking out the word of the day.

I didn't try to mock anyone, I am genuinely infuriated that 'jp' talks and thinks about his handicapped member that way.
You don't like that JP brought up our handicapped member (who is quite pissed that you want to see him cut from the outfit) in defense of the weak? We've accepted him and love playing with him, why are you so angry?

You could start by admitting you are a douche that uses his handicapped friend as an excuse to netbash someone for making a general statement that you took and made a personal issue with.
Maybe you didn't see the memo:

Of course we're going to take the issue seriously. We're insulted that you even suggested that the outfit is only as good as it's weakest link. If we applied that thinking everywhere, we would have to kill you off because you're pretty low on the IQ scale and you are weakening the entire gene pool.

I was saying they should give you up fuckwit, you came in here looking for a holy crusade. I'm just sorry they got dragged into your issues.

Aren't you the big man trying to cover up your douchebaggery with bravado. So glad I don't have to see your outfit on my team. I bet your two burn unit members aren't going to be happy with you for using them as a PR stunt.
Don't be sorry, they were on Teamspeak last night and approved our use of their situation (he was pissed about your post). Since we failed to mention names, their identities are protected and you can't harass them.

Your narrow-mindedness is disgusting as such intolerance is the reason one of the members is in the burn unit. They'll be happy to kick your ass in game and would love to have the chance to show you that no matter how weak a player may be, they still deserve respect.

Last edited by iburnmycd; 2012-07-07 at 12:29 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment