BF4 Mention: LOLWUT? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: YELLOW KNIGHT! ... OF IMPENDING DOOM!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2012-07-14, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

BF4 Mention: LOLWUT?

I for one am most likely NOT buying BF4. Especially if PS2 turns out to be a win.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-07-14, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: BF4 Mention: LOLWUT?

Not really a surprise and I doubt I will buying it. There's nothing it can offer me that PS2 can't do better.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it ends up being near future like the new Black Ops

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2012-07-14 at 05:29 AM.
Old 2012-07-14, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ninjacalypse
Corporal

You've got it wrong. It's 69 bucks for the Battlefield 4 Beta. MOH: Warfighter comes free with it.
Old 2012-07-25, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DREGS
Private

Given their expansion plans for BF3 that I have already paid for it's unlikely I will be buying into BF4.
Old 2012-07-26, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Definitely too soon?

If BF4 ends up being BF 2143 I'll buy it. Gotta have some variety, I'll be busy with PS2 but I like to change it up once in a while and experience something else.
Old 2012-07-27, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
Definitely too soon?

If BF4 ends up being BF 2143 I'll buy it. Gotta have some variety, I'll be busy with PS2 but I like to change it up once in a while and experience something else.
Wouldn't surprise me if they did go future tech in the next one.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2012-07-27, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

Gotta love beta as a marketing gimmick.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-27, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

No commander mode, no sale. My favorite Battlefield game is 2142. I absolutely loved Titan mode and I just felt it was the best game in the series. It was futuristic so you had fun gadgets and the walkers to play with but not too futuristic as all the weapons were familiar.

Battlefield 3's biggest failure in my mind is the lack of commander mode and zero emphasis on squad leaders. You can have up to 32 players on your team and they give you nothing when it comes to communicating and coordinating with them. No squad voip, no tools for squad leaders and no commander. Even when I'm playing with my own community and I have a squad of friends, I still have no idea what the other 28 people on my team are doing. Chat is useless because it's just full of "x gun is overpowered" or "so and so is hacking" and the much loved "you're all [insert racist/homophobic comment here]."
Old 2012-07-27, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by PoisonTaco View Post
No commander mode, no sale. My favorite Battlefield game is 2142. I absolutely loved Titan mode and I just felt it was the best game in the series. It was futuristic so you had fun gadgets and the walkers to play with but not too futuristic as all the weapons were familiar.

Battlefield 3's biggest failure in my mind is the lack of commander mode and zero emphasis on squad leaders. You can have up to 32 players on your team and they give you nothing when it comes to communicating and coordinating with them. No squad voip, no tools for squad leaders and no commander. Even when I'm playing with my own community and I have a squad of friends, I still have no idea what the other 28 people on my team are doing. Chat is useless because it's just full of "x gun is overpowered" or "so and so is hacking" and the much loved "you're all [insert racist/homophobic comment here]."
Commander mode was good 5% of the time when someone actually knew how to use it, but the other 95% of commanders usually consists of:

"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"

Constant spam got way too annoying. That doesn't even mention the never ending mutiny spam, or the commander trying to airdrop vehicles onto your head and kill you. Titan mode was cool as a commander for sure, but I never saw anyone ever use the Titan effectively. Most of the time it never moved. There was ONE single match in my years of 2142 where we got the two titans right next to each other, and there was a pretty good battle.

But honestly, if the BF franchise wasn't complete shit now because of EA, no commander mode wouldn't really bother me.
Old 2012-07-27, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Commander mode was good 5% of the time when someone actually knew how to use it, but the other 95% of commanders usually consists of:

"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"

Constant spam got way too annoying. That doesn't even mention the never ending mutiny spam, or the commander trying to airdrop vehicles onto your head and kill you. Titan mode was cool as a commander for sure, but I never saw anyone ever use the Titan effectively. Most of the time it never moved. There was ONE single match in my years of 2142 where we got the two titans right next to each other, and there was a pretty good battle.
^This is how it's played on PCWs, so "Enemy Spotted"xfinity is the RIGHT way to play as commander. Because commander scan has cooldown.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-07-27, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ziegler
Master Sergeant

I've come to expect nothing less of EA than to bilk their customers for every dime they can and to kill any dev house they touch.

They look at COD and see kiddies plunking down for a slightly altered version each year and want some of that pie.
Old 2012-07-27, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Zulthus
Colonel

That's all I hear on the average match.
Old 2012-07-27, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Emperor
Corporal

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post

"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
Uh, that actually IS the right way to be a commander. Spotting for your team when the UAV isn't up is incredibly helpful.

Regarding BF4, I don't think anyone should be surprised as they're emulating CoD's model now.
Old 2012-07-27, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
DREGS
Private

Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
Regarding BF4, I don't think anyone should be surprised as they're emulating CoD's model now.
Which is silly, because I think a lot of games are getting smarter with their money and have become sick of the CoD series copy pasta.
Old 2012-07-27, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
Uh, that actually IS the right way to be a commander. Spotting for your team when the UAV isn't up is incredibly helpful.

Please refer to the video I have posted.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion