Empire Loyalty - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't forget to watch Hamma's webcam!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-12-04, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SomeGuy
Private

Empire Loyalty

I was looking around a few forums and this one,and i've seen some extreme loyalty to ones faction, allmost to the point a extreme patriot has for their nation (U.S,Britain,ETC). I just want to start a thread to see a few peoples reasons for joining their faction,and why their so loyal ( or why they went turncoat in 5 minutes of joining their faction).

I'll try to start,I joined VS because of the cool insigna.After finding a few guys to have an outfit with I stayed in VS till I left not even thinking about joining the others.Why? I honestly got no idea. When I think about it it may be my friends in it,or the days I spent fighting for the VS,but those (in my opinion) dont explain my,and many other peoples, loyalty to their factions. Its a question I ask myself alot,espescially since PS2 is quite near.

So tell me,why did you join,and will you rejoin in PS2?
Old 2011-12-04, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Empire Loyalty

"Empire needed"

I was always a lone wolf, so loyalty is not my profile.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2011-12-04, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Graywolves
General

First thing that happened after I made my character was I got into Dark Skyes.

Been there forever. Loyaly until Death!

And everything looks sexy in Red and Black
Old 2011-12-04, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
First thing that happened after I made my character was I got into Dark Skyes.

Been there forever. Loyaly until Death!

And everything looks sexy in Red and Black
Old 2011-12-05, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I liked the VS agiles fishhead helmets. Then I started playing and liked the flying MAXes and Lancer and the fireworks and lightshows of their weapons and the Magrider back when it was the Magmower (still loved it even after it lost the mowing, just not quite as much). Then I played with some cool players and by the time I was done with it all, I didn't have much reason to play any other side.

My fanaticism is much more for show though. I think being a koolaid drinking techno religious nutjob is a lot of fun, but I don't particularly dislike the other empires. Well, I at least don't dislike the TR that much.

Fucking NC, with their noobhammer and overpowered Vanguard instagib bullshit and...

Old 2011-12-05, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

TR were like the Peacekeepers from Farscape, with that whole red and black evil empire thing, plus they both have prowlers!

That, and MORE DAKKA
Old 2011-12-05, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
dachlatte
Master Sergeant

a friend of mine told me to play PS and create a VS char. thats how i ended up as a vanu
later i made chars on the other empires and hopped over from time to time. its a nice change to fight your buddys sometimes.
so im not really loyal to one empire. the loyalty is a bit silly imho. its a game afterall i will always have a weak spot for the vs though

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Old 2011-12-05, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Raka Maru
Major

TR from the start. What I liked about it?

I actually read the lore before choosing and read the play style. Being the official government, lots of bullets, and the red and black.

Was a 60 gunner when I was in the military, taught booby traps, so the lots of projectiles interested me.

Black = Sin
Red = Redemption
This meant something personal to me.

Met lots of cool ppl, got TK'd a few times, but most wanted to just have fun. Have been in a few outfits, but mostly go off and do my own thing ( too busy to play regularly now ).

When I tell ppl about planetside, I tell them to join TR or I'll have to shoot them.

All in all, my favorite game!
Old 2011-12-05, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Ok now picture that guy in purple or yellow and blue. Red and Black makes everything look better.

One empire / server had a lot to do with creating empire loyalty to start, which I think is cool. The people that introduced me to the game were hardcore TR with a hatred of VS mostly that stuck with me a while.

After playing a bit, based just on playstyle I started to hate NC honestly. Every empire will have asshats, it just has felt for a long time NC has had a disproportionate amount. Hard not to feel some loyalty for whatever empire your first BR25/CR5 toon was on but to me has a lot more to do with whichever empire has a group i can have fun with.

OH yeah and Goggles man the fuckin Goggles!
Old 2011-12-05, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

I was never particularly loyal to any empire. I'm loyal to the group I'm playing with at the time, outfits I joined had a tendency to die out, the exception being GotR due to it's recruitment policy.

Friends/Clan > Empire.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-12-05, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Crator
Major General

I've played all 3 empires throughout my PS1 gaming life. At first I was dedicated to one empire mainly due to being in a good outfit and always having someone online to group up with. But I like playing the other empires since they do play differently and it's nice to get familiar with how the people play with those differences and to get used to them...
Also, I've become somewhat of a solo player after a while and like driving AMS and working the CE...
Old 2011-12-05, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

I started as a TR, and was quite loyal to them because of the people who played it. After some drama on Emerald I switched to VS on Markov and joined FC, which made me totally switch to VS full time. I've considered VS my main empire since then. I never ever liked the NC, I'm not sure why but I just couldn't play a character on NC for more than a week without it boring me (even when friends/outfit mates were playing.)

I do think it's about who you play with not what empire you play that makes the biggest difference. VS never would have stuck with me if it wasn't for joining FC... I'd probably be in some random TR outfit or just quit the game.
Old 2011-12-06, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
I started as a TR, and was quite loyal to them because of the people who played it. After some drama on Emerald I switched to VS on Markov and joined FC, which made me totally switch to VS full time. I've considered VS my main empire since then. I never ever liked the NC, I'm not sure why but I just couldn't play a character on NC for more than a week without it boring me (even when friends/outfit mates were playing.)

I do think it's about who you play with not what empire you play that makes the biggest difference. VS never would have stuck with me if it wasn't for joining FC... I'd probably be in some random TR outfit or just quit the game.
Yea joining FC probably made my decision to stay VS, while before hand i was playing with my TWAT(thats right) on TR because i was over balliums aternus and needed a change, their play style did not suit me. luckly i got in greendragon4s pants and its been a joyful experience ever since.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-12-06, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

VS because offline training made the Beamer seem like an amazing weapon. You have two fire mods on this bitch! Kill a car with a pistol!!! I was sold.

Ironically, purple is one of my most hated colors, and blue was my favorite. Thank you Past Self for not choosing. Eeughh NC *shudders*.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-12-06, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Raka Maru
Major

Lots of NC hate here so far. I wanna hear from a loyal NC!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion