News: SOE announces Alpha Squad - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Captain Morgan was here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-07, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: Beta access with alpha squad

Originally Posted by SaeS View Post
As long as you can get the same weapons by just playing the game (grinding), it's not P2W, just paying for time and I'm totally fine with that.
If you ignore what Higby said over and over again about the 5 minute player and the 5 year player, sure. But by all means folks, morph the context of that sentiment to whatever fits your ideals; "justify it in the end"... It's not like I was the one who made this statement dozens of times in public. Nope, that was the game's Creative Director, Matt Higby. Ah well, things change, but it's pretty sad if you can't simply admit that it's pay2win in this context...
Old 2012-09-07, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Setari
General

Well, I just bought it. For all this debating, I'm perfectly happy throwing money at SOE if it means more support for PS2.
Old 2012-09-07, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by CrankyTRex View Post
Either that or you'd have to restrict people from unlocking more things than they could by playing for the same amount of time, and I seriously doubt that anyone wants that.
I thought that was actually going to happen via the Battle Ranks. So you'd have to get a certain battle rank until specific side-grades become unlocked. Then once unlocked you would then have to purchase the side-grade via the shop using Auraxium or Station Cash.
Old 2012-09-07, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Galron
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Setari View Post
Well, I just bought it. For all this debating, I'm perfectly happy throwing money at SOE if it means more support for PS2.

Same here, the link works now.

http://www.planetside2.com/alpha-squad
Old 2012-09-07, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
VelRa
Sergeant

I just bought it, but alas no receipt or charge on my credit card. Must still be working out the kinks!
Old 2012-09-07, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Rat
First Sergeant

I think thats pretty good value...I will be buying
Old 2012-09-07, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: SOE announces Alpha Squad

Officially announced and news posted.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-09-07, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
EVILoHOMER
Major

"all items will be cosmetic"

Already putting weapons up for sale.

Fail.
Old 2012-09-07, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
ISVRaDa
Private

Q. What if I am European player? Does the Station Cash convert to ProSiebenSat.1.Games Seven Cash?
A. Yes! ProSiebenSat.1.Games is our partner in Europe and responsible for publishing the game in these countries. Just like in the US, European purchasers of this package will receive immediate Beta access and 4000 Station Cash. Upon the launch of PlanetSide 2 (also the expected migration date to the ProSiebenSat.1.Games service) the wallet balance of this Station Cash along with the virtual items in this package will transfer when the player establishes a ProSiebenSat.1.Games account. At that time, the Station Cash balance will be converted into Seven Cash currency.
Good news for europeans players.

Last edited by ISVRaDa; 2012-09-07 at 01:21 PM.
Old 2012-09-07, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
"all items will be cosmetic"

Already putting weapons up for sale.

Fail.
Its been known for awhile you can purchase weapons with station cash.
Old 2012-09-07, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

I believe when they said all items will be cosmetic they were referring to cash only items that cannot be unlocked by other means.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-07, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
If you ignore what Higby said over and over again about the 5 minute player and the 5 year player, sure. But by all means folks, morph the context of that sentiment to whatever fits your ideals; "justify it in the end"... It's not like I was the one who made this statement dozens of times in public. Nope, that was the game's Creative Director, Matt Higby. Ah well, things change, but it's pretty sad if you can't simply admit that it's pay2win in this context...
Your fundamental flawed assumption here is that new weapons are "better". They're not. They're just different.

You're not buying any intrinsic advantage at all. You're just getting access to other playstyles (which you could also get through gameplay!). If we do our balancing correct (and we're not anywhere close to having it balanced yet i'll be the first to admit that) you'll be getting weapons that are "better" only due to situational and personal preference, not due to intrinsic power. Hence, you're not buying power or paying to win.
Old 2012-09-07, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
ThGlump
Captain

I want to buy it i really want. But i cant till EU is properly sorted out. I dont want to buy it to account that could be already flagged as EU one, and unable to play with it after transfer (no pro7 account for me).
So i just sit quietly and envy you all that can buy it.
Old 2012-09-07, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
ISVRaDa
Private

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
I want to buy it i really want. But i cant till EU is properly sorted out. I dont want to buy it to account that could be already flagged as EU one, and unable to play with it after transfer (no pro7 account for me).
So i just sit quietly and envy you all that can buy it.
Why you think that? :s
Old 2012-09-07, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Your fundamental flawed assumption here is that new weapons are "better". They're not. They're just different.

You're not buying any intrinsic advantage at all. You're just getting access to other playstyles (which you could also get through gameplay!). If we do our balancing correct (and we're not anywhere close to having it balanced yet i'll be the first to admit that) you'll be getting weapons that are "better" only due to situational and personal preference, not due to intrinsic power. Hence, you're not buying power or paying to win.
Riiiiight, because a lock on rocket launcher that actually hits the target isn't more powerful than a dumb-fire one that is supremely easy for a tank to dodge. Or how about an aircraft that doesn't have rocket pods or a better cannon compared to one that does?

Even the 100 cert points for the flares on a fighter mean the difference between being able to fly for more than 10 seconds or being summarily blow out of the sky by everyone with A2A rockets. No way a 5 minute player can compete in the air in this regard. None. It's just a quick lesson in futility.

In the cases to which I am referring, it's a matter of the "haves" and the "have nots", rather than just being different. You can't call these balance issues, because unless you give the 5 minute player these things too, it's just not balanced.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion