Can a Stealth Suited Driver kill you with a Wraith.. Dev answers inside! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Diamond in the rough
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-05, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Can a Stealth Suited Driver kill you with a Wraith.. Dev answers inside!

Topic: Whats to stop
Bongfarmer
Station Member
Registered: Nov 2002 posted 12-04-2002 09:11 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People from getting in a wraith with a infilitration suit on, and just run people over? I know theres an implant to see it, but I cant see that many people having it, and even less having it on to detect. I mean, If you get a cloacked wraith, does it make a little disterbance like the the dark templar in starcraft, or does it still kick up dust to be able to see it. I ask this, because If there are no tell tale signs, I can see a lot of people just coming out of nowhere and driving over a mob of people and get away before they know what happened

**DEV REPLY**

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 12-05-2002 07:38 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They still kick up some dust...and they're not very tough. A couple of collisions with people and the cycle wouldn't be worth much, I think. I'll need to check that to be sure, but that should be the truth

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 12-05-2002 08:28 AM user search report post
It totally depends on the mass of the vehicle doing the hitting. The Wraith is definitely the lightest and frailest of all possible vehicles. Since you used that one as your example, I was describing the balancing factors you would face if you started trying to ram folks with that light quad cycle.
Try running folks down in a Vanguard. You should be very happy with the results.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/000508.html
Old 2002-12-05, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Topic: For Smokejumper (or anyone else who could answer)
Onirus
Station Member
Registered: Nov 2002 posted 12-04-2002 05:30 AM user search report post
Have you ever think of creating a single playable demo for PS ?
Like they made for Neocron ?
It could be really cool to test the 3D engine, a bit of gameplay and for compatibility test, no ?
Just an idea, though.

* DEV REPLY *****************************8

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 12-05-2002 07:46 AM user search report post
No off-line component is planned. We're working VERY hard to ensure that all training you could possibly want is covered inside the game already.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/000498.html
Old 2002-12-05, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Topic: Let's talk about MAX, this time
Onirus
Station Member
Registered: Nov 2002 posted 12-04-2002 05:20 AM user search report post
Will the MAX got only one weapon ? or could choose between some different types of weapons ?
How much certs does it need to use a MAX ?
I have read somewhere that MAX could use some sort of specials items. Is it true ? Which type ?

If someone got answers, please tell.
Thanx

******DEV REPLY***************

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 12-05-2002 07:31 AM user search report post
It is...so far. Of course we'll be adjusting balances during the beta process.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/000497.html
Old 2002-12-05, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Camping Carl
Major

Wow.... they just REALLY WON'T SAY ANYTHING about the max suits. There have been countless questions about max suits, and they have answered many, but haven't actually said anything informative!

Vanu still suck....
Old 2002-12-05, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Marsman
Major

The MAX is one of the questions we sent to the Devs - hopefully that will be the next one they send back. Check in Monday for the latest Dev Question post.

Last edited by Marsman; 2002-12-05 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2002-12-05, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Hehehe,

Teasers teasers and ocassionally a nugget of truth.. it makes forum hounding fun!
Old 2002-12-05, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Camping Carl
Major

Yes... I remember that question all to well. I've been awaiting an answer to it ever since you guys sent that list out. That's one reason it bugs me the way the devs won't let anything slip.

And by the way, thanks MrVicchio. I don't know what we'd do without you to look through the official forums for us lazy people. Besides, it's difficult for me to go onto those forums and resist the urge to kill some of the n00bs there.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2002-12-05, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Bah, its fun!

I only read the the threads with Dev Posts.. hehe the rest arent worth my time or effort to click the mouse...
Old 2002-12-05, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I concur. Thanks Mr. Vic, I don't care for the official boards that much either. As long as you keep sending us the infos from the devs, I don't have to go back.
Old 2002-12-05, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

indeed, the forums are full of n00bs, but thats not a bad thing... atleast they're there, when they get abit of knowledge into them, they find this site and come here.......

hey hold the phone, im a n00b y arent i on PS forums ? (dont answer that!!!)
Old 2002-12-06, 06:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
�io
Lieutenant General

I don't visit those forums because of the dumbasses not the n00bs.

A stupid question i can handle but a 13 year old kid who gets picked on at school so he lashes out at anybody on the net is another story.
Old 2002-12-06, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

yes little kids are annoying sometimes.... espicially know-it-all rich kids, not to be racist american youth are particuarly bad in this respect (not rascist, im a bastard to everyone equally )

to put it in perspective whatching Oprah the other day (i was very bored, n it was only for 10mins tops) and some of the 'brightest kids' on it were asking questions of the kid outa harry potter, this was one of their questions "do you speak normal like us outside of the movie, that language you spoke was weird" hows that for ignorant..... (the harry kid was English)
Old 2002-12-06, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ravon Dark
Corporal

to put it in perspective whatching Oprah the other day (i was very bored, n it was only for 10mins tops) and some of the 'brightest kids' on it were asking questions of the kid outa harry potter, this was one of their questions "do you speak normal like us outside of the movie, that language you spoke was weird" hows that for ignorant..... (the harry kid was English)
If you were watching Oprah, you got issues man. It's like a toned down Jerry Springer and you expect the kids to be our average? Bah! I do admit though that most of our kids are idiots and lack character.... I blame it on the chicken pox vaccine. The kids don't get chicken pox and they're not buildin' character from it.
Old 2002-12-06, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by m0rph|u5
Give em a break, their kids. They didn't know, and they asked the question. Now they do know.

I thought being ignorant and finding things out was what being a kid was all about.

Get me some kids from any nation and I am sure that I can get some ignorant questions out of them.

BTW, bored is not an excuse for watching Oprah. Now go stand in the corner for a half hour and think about what you did.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2002-12-07, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

yes i kno, shameful act.... whatchin oprah, (even though it was ooooh so brief)

but my point still stands, those particular children have been brought up in a society that encourages ignorance, theses were supposadly some of amreica's brightest (they were about 12 btw), what sorta 12 year old has no idea about accents and countries being different? it is just common sense really, and these kids had none of it.

in hindsight this was probably a touchy subject, i meant it in a totally un-insulting or un-racist manner....

it was simply a shock to me that people that age could be so bloody ignorant (especially ones who are aparently "some of the brightest"), in a world of increased tension i would think it only reasonable to teach kids a little about the world and the way in which it works, in my (extremely limited) experience most conflicts have either been over religion or because of ignorance...... both of which are unacceptable causes for war.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion