Reaching out to the Community to help save a fellow Auraxian! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: May contain nuts.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-11-28, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
OdinsPride
Private

Arrow Reaching out to the Community to help save a fellow Auraxian!

Hello Fellow Auraxians!

My name is Scott, but most of you likely know me by my IGN, which is OdinsPride. I am the leader of one of the premiere TR outfits on Connery, The Dread Legion, and we are big fans of Planetside 2. So much so, that I traveled to MLG Columbus just to help out with the Planetside 2 booth! It was an amazing experience, and all the PS2 guys that were there were fantastic. The devs, PSU folks, as well as some of the premiere twitch streamers out there.

Now the bad news...

My backpack was stolen the last day of the event, and with it I lost all of my gaming gear. My laptop, my headphones, my mouse, my ext hard drive, EVERYTHING. I am back at square one in terms of my gaming (as well as school), and am looking for some help to get back on my feet. Running an outfit is difficult. I am very blessed to have an outfit that is successful and built the right way, but even with that, it will be difficult for us to sustain our success and momentum if I am unable to be a part of the outfit. The Dread Legion is such a passion project for me, and I would hate to have all that we have built to fall by the wayside just because of someone's greed.

I am reaching out to the community to help one of their own that is in desperate need of some help. Every little bit helps, seeing as I lost thousands of dollars in equipment. If you can find it in your hearts and in your wallets to refrain from buying that camo and instead helping an outfit leader get back to the game he loves. Please donate, or if you are unable to help out financially, spread the word in any way you can. Outfit Websites, Reddit, SOE forums, Planetside Universe, Twitter, Twitch, Youtube, all of these things are viable outlets that will greatly help get us off the ground and towards our goal.

I have been a part of the Planetside community for a long time, and I have every faith that this is entirely possible. You are all some of the best gamers out there, and our community dynamic is second to none. Let's continue to showcase what makes our community great. And above all, thank you. Thank you so very much. The Dread Legion and Planetside 2 mean so much to me, and I appreciate all of you who would help me get back in the fight!

Click the link HERE to go to the group fundraiser page!

Thank you for everything guys,

Odin

Last edited by OdinsPride; 2013-11-29 at 12:02 AM.
Old 2013-11-29, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
OdinsPride
Private

Re: Reaching out to the Community to help save a fellow Auraxian!

I have decided that if we are able to make our goal that any and all extra funds outside of my stated needs will be given in a donation to the great folks over at Community Clash! They do an amazing service for the community, and aren't compensated for it in any way. This can be our thank you to them for all that they do!
Old 2013-11-29, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

That sucks man. Maybe take it as a hint to spend some more time out of the house

At least your are not collecting money for murderes like some other guy did a while ago, so I wish you the best!
Old 2013-11-29, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I hope you can get at least $2 donated from each of your facebook friends and then, jobs done.
Old 2013-11-29, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Shit happens, but because you are internet important my wallet wants to give you money.

Good thing my wallet doesn't have hands.

Old 2013-11-29, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

I helped a Nigerian Prince out once in a similar situation, he said he would pay me back with substantial interest but I haven't heard from him in some time.
Old 2013-11-29, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
OdinsPride
Private

I only deal with Nigerian princesses.....
to each their own though
Old 2013-11-29, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Falcon_br
Captain

Did you try to look inside Higby hair?

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-11-30, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

I was disappointed when I heard that his stuff was stolen I've heard stories of things going missing at events like this but I've never been witness to it. Scott, aka OdinsPride went out of his way to help out at the PlanetSide 2 Booth at MLG Columbus when he really did not have to. He helped to turn players on to the game and answer questions to help bring people into the community. If you can spare a dollar or two try to send it his way so he can get back to gaming.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-12-02, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
OdinsPride
Private

Thanks Hamma, appreciate the kind words. I really did have an amazing time, even with all the shit that happened right at the end. Wonderful meeting you and Jennyboo, and I'm really hoping I can come out and help do more of these again!
#trondong
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion