harasser bug - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No you can't have a custom title now quit asking.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-11-25, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Binkley
Sergeant

harasser bug

When did harassers stop setting off tank mines? Lately, I watch as they drive right over them. Maybe 1 in 10 work? Maybe none.
Old 2013-11-25, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: harasser bug

I don't think it's just harassers, I been getting that bug when trying to nuke MBT's. Tanks aren't detonating my mines when they drive over them.

I also noticed sometimes when throwing my Tank Mines down they have a tendency to flip upside down, Do they not detonate if there upside down?
Old 2013-11-26, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Binkley
Sergeant

It could be tanks too, I don't know. I really need them to work for harassers, as they are one of the only counters that work (used to anyway).
Old 2013-11-26, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

I've come across the same. I lay down two AT mines in a choke point, the harasser rolled right over them. The mines disappeared, but the buggy took no damage!

Annoying.
Old 2013-11-26, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
blampoet
Corporal

there is a problem with harassers going at top speed (which is almost always) that mine damage area of effect is to slow/small, i remember I saw someone from SOE acknowledge it, mumbling it'll be taken care of (hasn't yet).

you can see it here at:
beginning 4:36 with the critical moment at 4:44

not sure about the MBT bit, but i've had several derp moments where i deploy a mine up close (knife range) and they just slide off the MBT/lightning and I get ended. (always have the wrong setup C4/tank mines equipped)
Old 2013-11-26, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ohaunlaim
Corporal

Yea, I've sat and watched harassers and MBTs roll right over my mines. No detonation whatsoever. They sometimes dislodge them so they start sliding around though.
Old 2013-11-26, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

There seem to be several problems. For one it's a speed issue with harassers that they either do not set off mines, or do set them off but do not get damaged by the explosion. I suspect it some kind of hitbox/latency issue.
But we have seen MBTs not setting off mines too. Dunno what it is. We tried to reproduce it but no luck so far. But it seems to be a very isolated issue. Whereas the harasser issue is pretty common (and that's why people laughed when the devs talked about using mines against harassers.
Old 2013-11-26, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Eggy
Sergeant

Its a problem with AT mines, not harrasers.
I was able to reverse back and forth over a tank mine the other night in my MBT and it just wouldnt go off.
Even shooting it (forcing it to explode) when I was sat on it did zero damage to my tank.

When AT mines "work", a non max composite harraser will be instagibbed by 1 mine.
A max composite harraser will be set on fire by 1 and killed by a 2nd.

If you stack your mines on top of each other the results are not quite the same and the harraser can survive.
Im not sure how many it takes to kill and MBT, but I think the bottom is classed as the rear so suffers from rear armour weakness.
If there is a person in the back repairing as they go off, then again the results are not as powerfull.

The best way to use mines against harraser is in ambush with something else.
If they spot the mines, they will be forced to re manouver,slow down or even stop. A good oportunity to finish them off with anything else in the game. There are very few weapons that do no damage to harrasers.
If they dont spot the mine then again, they will be on half health and franticaly trying to repair. So again, finish them off.
Old 2013-11-26, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
camycamera
Major

yeah actually i have experienced this as well. i was in a gunner seat the other day in a harasser and the driver drove (he used boost) straight over 3 tank mines, they didn't blow. i asked how he did that, and he said it was luck, but whatever.

however i did put down some tank mines and a harrasser did drive over it and go boom.
Old 2013-11-26, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Binkley
Sergeant

Re: harasser bug / AT Mine bug

I agree, it's a AT mine bug, not strictly a harasser issue, though I notice it most with them.

This is a recent change/bug. I don't know when it started, but I'm sure it wasn't always like this. I lay down mines at both ends of a tower garage and a harasser drives right through, not setting any of them off. They weren't even driving at top speed. Harassers are f'n hard to kill with anything else and now mines don't work either.
Old 2013-12-05, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Binkley
Sergeant

Walked up to a locked down Prowler and put two mines in front and two mines behind. Hid behind some hills for a few minutes and came back to find four mines sitting there and no Prowler.

AT mines are not working at all for me, not one kill in at least a week. I use them a lot and used to get lots of kills.
Old 2013-12-05, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I've experienced the same issues with mines, although not while driving in a Harasser.
Mines seem rather buggy atm.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-12-05, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

I don't think I've EVER gotten a kill with an AT mine. Now I know why. >_>
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion