Mouse-Acceleration on Magrider? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PSU pushing the limits between asshole and evil
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-04, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
VR Draco
Private

Mouse-Acceleration on Magrider?

After the patch I was curious about my aiming with the Magrider primary weapon.

Now I checked it and I can't believe what they did.

I prefer to use 1.25 or 1.5x scope on the primary weapon, so i zoomed in and moved my mouse a predefined distance quite fast. The Magrider turned like 180°, which was normal for the distance I moved the mouse.

In a second test, I moved the mouse the same distance, but realy slowly...
And what was the result? The Magrider turned 30° or something.

How should I be able to aim, if my mouse reacts on different speeds?

In their OWN tutorial videos, they advice to use raw mouse input to DISABLE any OS-side acceleration...so I am realy curious of this behaviour.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WEEtKFoUS6k -> tutorial video, with this advice)

If I sit in my Saron, everything is fine, same mouse distance leads to same ingame distance, not depended on speed.

Am I just having a bug, or should this be a new "feature"?
Can anyone confirm my observation?

Last edited by VR Draco; 2013-02-04 at 09:32 AM.
Old 2013-02-04, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Re: Mouse-Acceleration on Magrider?

I never realized the "raw mouse input" was the thing that's supposed to disable mouse accel; I applied the MarkC registry fix a while ago to get rid of it completely. If you don't like it, you can undo it.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1846538

It did change things in-game for me and I had to increase mouse sensitivity in order for stuff to "feel" the same, so I assume the fix did change something with the accel. I guess I should really test it in-game to make sure it's not compensating twice and actually mouse DEcelerating.

Last edited by Bocheezu; 2013-02-04 at 11:43 AM.
Old 2013-02-04, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
VR Draco
Private

Re: Mouse-Acceleration on Magrider?

Originally Posted by Bocheezu View Post
I never realized the "raw mouse input" was the thing that's supposed to disable mouse accel
If you activate raw mouse input PS2 uses the input signals from the mouse DIRECTLY and not from the OS.
So every "tweak" from the OS, like mouse speed, accerleration and so on is "deactivated".

I don't use mouse acceleration on OS-side either, so this does not make any difference for me.
I just said this, because they told it in the video, that mouse acceleration is a "bad" thing for FPS and I agree. But now they seem to change the behavior of the Magrider and I can't aim a bit ^^

This software would't chance anything, because it is no problem of the mouse-software, it's a problem of the game. (Saron works, infantry works, but not magrider primary)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion