Re-Certification - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: contents under pressure
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-11-26, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Strak
Corporal

Trading in the reaver cert? I think you guys might have missed the first part of the message....

Some certifications are being modified to become inclusive groupings of vehicles and equipment. When this change goes live, all players will have their certifications wiped: and will have the points available to spend at the Certification Terminal again.

We are all starting from scratch with allour pts. Kick ass!
Old 2003-11-26, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

this is sweet, but as said before i would liek some "class" cert bundels. Like a Groundpounder class, being AV HA and re-inforced for 9 certs, and scout trooper, being Sniping, hacking, and choise of ATV or skeeter for 6 or 7. Stuff like that would be realy great, and the certs can be under more than one bundel, like a covert ops package, Sniping, Adv hacking, inf suit, and ATV, so you could go multiple ways to get things.

I a realy hope the have the ale' carte certs still becasue i couln't give up 4 certs for a skeeter, it ruins my character and gives me one cert left over at br20. Other than that concers its a great thing

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2003-11-26 at 03:24 PM.
Old 2003-11-26, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

Originally Posted by Strak
this is in the IN TESTING section of the PS website.

In Testing
Player Recertification
Some certifications are being modified to become inclusive groupings of vehicles and equipment. When this change goes live, all players will have their certifications wiped: and will have the points available to spend at the Certification Terminal again.
It says equipment too. Does that mean the weapons and/or the medical and engineer will also get grouped? Actually I kind of hope not....

But this rocks, I was going to switch to a skeeter after I get another cert today, but I think that can wait.
Old 2003-11-26, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
EarlyDawn
Major General

It's still not completely clear as to wether individual certs will remain seperate or not.
Old 2003-11-26, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Gunslanger
Sergeant

i would assume that they would. it makes no sense for Sony to FORCE their players to spend MORE cert points for something they dont' want just to get something they do want. what SoE highly encourages is teamwork and player cooperation-and buying their products . for example, to want a mosq, but be required 4 certs just to do so. i don't think Sony would screw over their players like that. i think it is safe to say you will have the option of taking a package or just singally certifying.

But, you know what they say about assuming things...
Old 2003-11-26, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Hamma
PSU Admin

Very interesting

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-26, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Bad news guys. Spork just replied with this on the OF thread:

Originally Posted by SporkfirePS
As far as the mosquito and Harasser go, at this time, we are not looking to continue offering the individual certs. The changes will affect each person differently, and it may hurt some for players who use those certs. But we have made sure to keep some comparably priced certs both on air and land available (Air Support and Ground Transport).
This is now the worst idea ever. Us skeeter pilots just got royally fucked. Thanks!
Old 2003-11-26, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Gunslanger
Sergeant

well, like i said: you know what they say about assuming things...i shouldn't have assumed. gave sony a little too much credit
Old 2003-11-26, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Ghey. Hmm, going to have to rethink things....
Old 2003-11-26, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
BunBun
Private

Personally I think this is a great idea! I have both the sunderer and deliverer right now and this is going to save me 4 cert points to spend elsewhere.

Those of you who are upset about the skeeters being 4 points now, wait for a bit, the notice did mention changes to equipment, maybe there will be other bundles coming that will save you a few points. Who knows what they will come up with, maybe a support cert that combines medic and engi, or a 1 point cert for agile and med assualt. anything can happen with these guys.
Old 2003-11-26, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hamma
PSU Admin

I don't see how mosquito pilots are fucked, they get a reaver now as well.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-26, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Ait'al
Contributor
General

It better just be maxes! those are horrible cert combos strat.

It takes all individuallity out of your character and makes this a giant strategy game on wheels.

that would take all othe fun out of taking Weaker cert combos for the challenge, not to mention the pride. Thats pure Evil!

that takes all the integrity out of hte game design and is one step away from making them all under one cert and making htis a pure FPS where you just go get what you want and just kill shit. You might as well just dumped the whole damn XP system. and go shoot each other.

I think its bad enough they put together what they already did into cert combos!

The maxes are the only thing in the game that should ge comboed! and its good there doing it.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-26 at 04:46 PM.
Old 2003-11-26, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Strak

Air Cavalry (4 points)
Mosquito
Reaver

Light Scout (3 Points)
Harasser
Lightning
Those are the only ones that affect me. At least i get the sketter and harsser for free.

and hamma, the only reason they would be fucked is they have to sport out another cert point for there sketter
Old 2003-11-26, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma
I don't see how mosquito pilots are fucked, they get a reaver now as well.
My certs are maxed. I was perfectly happy before. Now I have to drop something in order to acquire my mosquito once again.
Old 2003-11-26, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Is what strat put actually part of the game or is it something he just made up!?

Ther completely screwing the original design of all hte vehicles becaseu they can tget people to use hte all how htey were meant to and are screwing the game design. And right when they are expecting the game to be developing how it was meant to. this is just turning this into an FPS.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-26 at 04:58 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion