Upcoming JH Changes? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: God wants you to give us all your money.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-16, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Upcoming JH Nerf

Pulled fresh off the dev tracker:

Originally Posted by Bugsmasher
Actually my only desired change for the Jackhammer is....common sense.
Its a 3 barrel shotgun. If you fire once in primary fire then you (according to common sense) should have 2 shots left. To fire in alt mode (the 3 shot burst) should require a reload time for that one empty barrel. It doesnt. It should.

There should be a reload delay between firing in primary and alt modes if any shots have been fired. Its pretty much common sense.
Originally Posted by SmokeJumperPS
Bugsmasher...it will.
So basically, doing a primary-fire, secondary-fire combo will no longer be very effective. I'm still digesting this, not sure how I feel. Thoughts?
Old 2004-01-16, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Leave it alone - no nerf needed.

If they would deal with the surging and use of the JH at the same time, I would be happy.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-01-16, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Bah it will still rock
Old 2004-01-16, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Sounds good to me
Old 2004-01-16, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Playing both TR and NC with HA certs... I think the JH should just not have the secondary fire mode at all. It's powerful enough as it is with standard fire alone.

I don't want to start another "nerf the hammer" discussion, but with the NC raking in an average of just under *18% more kills per player than any other empire a few reasonable nerfs or buffs are in order. The TR and VS have a difference of less than 1% in their average kills per player. We just need to balance out the NC and the game will be much better overall.

*Taken from Thott's PS Stats that come directly from "My Planetside" on the official SOE site. So these are SOE's stats.
Old 2004-01-16, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Laeritides
Staff Sergeant

The nerf makes sense. Plus it will not nerf its hitting power. just make you think a lil before you jump to the tri shot mode.
Old 2004-01-16, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

It's not a nerf, just common sense, it just took this long for someone to figure it out.
Old 2004-01-16, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
JacobBauer
Private

/agree
Old 2004-01-16, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

I renamed the title of this thread to use it for a comment thread, anything with "nerf" in it is bs lol. This isnt really a nerf if you read it.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-01-16, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma
I renamed the title of this thread to use it for a comment thread, anything with "nerf" in it is bs lol. This isnt really a nerf if you read it.
I respectfully disagree Hamma. This is most definitely a nerf. The primary + secondary fire combo is extremely effective in certain situations, and this would make that combo basically impossible. Taking something I can do in-game currently, and be effective with, and making it less effective, is a nerf IMHO. Nerfs are inherently evil, and may please some people, but do nothing but piss off the users of the nerfed weapon. Why can't they just use buffs to fix balance issues instead? Then everyone is happy!

More from the devs:

Originally Posted by SmokeJumperPS
The tri-barrel reload time has effectively been a bug all this time. The original design calls for the tri-barrel to reload one barrel, then rotate, then reload another, then rotate, then reload the last. Fixing this brings it back to the balance intended...and it's overdue.
This doesn't decrease the power of the Jackhammer's tri-barrel attack at all. However, it does bring a price to using it...as intended.

And I have absolutely no fear that the tri-barrel will still be used. It's far too effective indoors to be ignored.

When I say "doesn't decrease", I mean that it doesn't reduce the damage caused by the tri-barrel attack. Of course it *does* reduce the potential damage of the weapon because it requires more reloading time in that mode. I didn't mean that it didn't.
Old 2004-01-16, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by BadAsh
I don't want to start another "nerf the hammer" discussion, but with the NC raking in an average of just under *18% more kills per player than any other empire a few reasonable nerfs or buffs are in order. The TR and VS have a difference of less than 1% in their average kills per player. We just need to balance out the NC and the game will be much better overall.

*Taken from Thott's PS Stats that come directly from "My Planetside" on the official SOE site. So these are SOE's stats.

Correlation does not imply causation.
Old 2004-01-16, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

Well, I disagree. Your lucky i made this a comment thread at all. The word nerf is tossed around when anyone disagrees with a change. It dosent matter if it really is a nerf or not.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-01-16, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I really don't see it being a nerf either. People will just learn to only use the alt fire when they are going 1 on 1. It's not like they are reducing the damage or anything. It will still be the hardest hitting close combat weapon available.
Old 2004-01-16, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

The Jackhammer is already the king of indoors, with its primary. WHICH, I might add, is undisputably where it counts. Giving it a secondary just slaps everyone else in the face.

The other HA weapons should have a secondary mode then. Like, for the MCG? I could throw it at someone, and do way more damage.
Old 2004-01-16, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma
Well, I disagree. Your lucky i made this a comment thread at all. The word nerf is tossed around when anyone disagrees with a change. It dosent matter if it really is a nerf or not.
I edited my post abit right after you replied, check it again if you can. My main point is, a nerf only makes people angry. Why would they do that? I don't understand. Buffs are better than nerfs, and they should instead buff the MCG and Lasher if this is such a problem. It has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with the change.

And sorry, but what's with the attitude of me being lucky this is a comment thread? I'm just having a discussion here, no need for that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion