Upcoming JH Changes? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Trying to eat you since the dev met the T-Virus!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-16, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Otherick
Sergeant Major

YAY the JH got a nerf.. or ehh it got common sense yay.

Its sounds praticle and it fits so now maybe it will hinder the Surgile JH players
Old 2004-01-16, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Spee
Colonel

Just....Delete HA.

[/tiredofit]
Old 2004-01-16, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

My bolt driver and gauss/sweeper is all I need...
Old 2004-01-16, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
JakeLogan
Major

/agree with spee delete HA I'll be happy with my cycler
Old 2004-01-16, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Fenrys
Major

Yeah, just eliminate HA all together and we'll have a much more funerer game
Old 2004-01-16, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Spee
Colonel

Its already been said, but PS ! = Your average FPS. Thus, it shouldnt have weapons that can kill you THAT quickly. Im tired of lemmings (of ALL empires, not just NC) running around with HA and pwning you before you can turn around. I dont mind surgemonkeys, as they generally have a tiny IQ and you just need to find a hiding spot to get them.

Seriously. Theres little to no tradeoff with HA, aside from the small amount of certs it requires (4 isnt that much when you can get it fresh out of VR.) Just Eliminate HA and buff the maxes.
Old 2004-01-16, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Bad Mojo
Correlation does not imply causation.
True, but I feel reasonably safe with my assumption due to the prevailing belief here in the forums that the NC have �better equipment�. To back up the �better equipment� theory are the stats that prove the NC as a whole, across all 3 servers, are significantly more effective in terms of raw killing power� nearly 20% more effective. The only differences between the empires are their equipment, so that is where the problem(s) will be found.

The 2 NC items that always come into conversation are: The Jackhammer and the Vanguard. If you search the threads here on PSU and in the OF you will find many (probably too many) threads about how the JH or Van need to be nerfed and how it is widely believed that both of these items are the best in their respective categories. Conversely, you won�t find any that state how either of these need a buff because they are too weak.
Old 2004-01-16, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Spee
Its already been said, but PS ! = Your average FPS. Thus, it shouldnt have weapons that can kill you THAT quickly. Im tired of lemmings (of ALL empires, not just NC) running around with HA and pwning you before you can turn around. I dont mind surgemonkeys, as they generally have a tiny IQ and you just need to find a hiding spot to get them.

Seriously. Theres little to no tradeoff with HA, aside from the small amount of certs it requires (4 isnt that much when you can get it fresh out of VR.) Just Eliminate HA and buff the maxes.
I disagre with this. Fresh out of VR you have several choices of domination.

For 6 certs you can get the powerful MA+HA combo and own infantry CQB
For 5 certs you can get UniMAX and kick major tail
For 4 certs you can get Air Calvary and own the sky
For 6 certs you get the powerful Tank/Flail and Engineering combo...

The problem with HA that many players have is they try to fight HA on HA's prime turf... indoor CQB. Bad move. Get your own HA or a AI MAX to deal with that threat... don't go in with your MA or suppressor and expect to win. You need the right gear for the right situation.

The same applies for when you are outside. You can't charge a tank or attack a reaver with HA, MA, or a Suppressor and expect to win. You need to get your own aircraft or vehicle to fight back effectively.

And to your comment about being tired of people owning you with HA before you can turn around... any infiltrator can own you with an AMP pistol before you can turn around... weapons should not be so weak as to forgive being completely out flanked like that...

To beat HA just learn the weakness of the weapon... RANGE. If you are MA on a base wall and the HA is at ground level either in the CY or outside the base... you will win. HA will also lose to SA in a big way in that same situation. Also, if you catch HA at a distance you can kill them way before they get into optimum range.

But, time after time people charge HA with a lesser weapon and so the ownage continues.

I see the same thing when driving a tank or flying a reaver. I'm amazed at how many people that I did not even see plink at me as I drive by. I turn around and butcher them and get the hate tell... I can't help but laugh.
Old 2004-01-16, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by BadAsh
True, but I feel reasonably safe with my assumption due to the prevailing belief here in the forums that the NC have �better equipment�. To back up the �better equipment� theory are the stats that prove the NC as a whole, across all 3 servers, are significantly more effective in terms of raw killing power� nearly 20% more effective. The only differences between the empires are their equipment, so that is where the problem(s) will be found.

The 2 NC items that always come into conversation are: The Jackhammer and the Vanguard. If you search the threads here on PSU and in the OF you will find many (probably too many) threads about how the JH or Van need to be nerfed and how it is widely believed that both of these items are the best in their respective categories. Conversely, you won�t find any that state how either of these need a buff because they are too weak.
I wouldn't so easily use forums from any site as some kind of basis to levy action against any empire. It's all hearsay. And even if stats are the same across servers, it still doesn't point to any specific cause. But, if you're willing to embrace the assumption based on hearsay and coincidental statistics, then who am I to argue.
Old 2004-01-16, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by infinite loop
I edited my post abit right after you replied, check it again if you can. My main point is, a nerf only makes people angry. Why would they do that? I don't understand. Buffs are better than nerfs, and they should instead buff the MCG and Lasher if this is such a problem. It has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with the change.

And sorry, but what's with the attitude of me being lucky this is a comment thread? I'm just having a discussion here, no need for that.
The content of the thread was fine, it was just the title i edited

I didnt say the comment thing to be an ass, It's just allot of times I usually delete threads that post news and create my own. But yours already had a nce discussion going don't worry, no h8

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-01-16, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Spee
Just....Delete HA.

[/tiredofit]
best idea ever.

Old 2004-01-16, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Well, I took the time to look the word "nerf" up, and here is what Dictionary.com says;

Nerf ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n�rf)

A trademark used for a variety of foam rubber toys.

This is from Thesaurus.com

2 entries found for nerf.

Entry: impactFunction: verbDefinition: hitSynonyms: bang into, clash, collide, crack up, crash, crush, jolt, kick, nerf, register, smash, smash up, strike, wrack upConcept: hittingSource: Roget's Interactive Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.0)
Copyright � 2004 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
Entry: jostleFunction: verbDefinition: bumpSynonyms: bang into, bulldoze, bump heads, butt, crash, crowd, elbow, hustle, jab, jog, joggle, jolt, nerf, nudge, press, push, push around, push aside, scramble, shake, shoulder, shove, squeeze, thrustConcept: pushingSource: Roget's Interactive Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.0)
Copyright � 2004 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved
Old 2004-01-16, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hamma
PSU Admin

That needs to be updated

Old 2004-01-16, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma
The content of the thread was fine, it was just the title i edited

I didnt say the comment thing to be an ass, It's just allot of times I usually delete threads that post news and create my own. But yours already had a nce discussion going don't worry, no h8
My bad hamma, just a misunderstanding then. Maybe nerf is a bit strong, but that was my initial reaction when I heard the news. I'm just so tired of the weapons being changed all the time. Deep down I know that finding a balance is good for the game, but it is just a pain in the ass sometimes.
Old 2004-01-16, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Bad Mojo
I wouldn't so easily use forums from any site as some kind of basis to levy action against any empire. It's all hearsay. And even if stats are the same across servers, it still doesn't point to any specific cause. But, if you're willing to embrace the assumption based on hearsay and coincidental statistics, then who am I to argue.
Bad Mojo
AGN Staff

New Conglomerate - Emerald

We all kick and scream for that which we hold dear, do we not?

Edited to add:

Do you know how we figure things out scientifically? Really, the first step is to have a theory. In this case your 'hearsay' is the theory. The next step is then to test that theory. You test in order to come up with evidence which will either prove or disprove the theory at hand. Statistics, oddly enough, are the form in which the evidence often is presented. Now if this were a true scientific test, we'd be given the opportunity to adjust the items (in this case Jackhammer and Vanguard) accordingly to see if those adjustments would then bring the statistics back in line, as the theory believes. Unfortunately we don't have the power to go that extra step, so our experiment ends prematurely with a fairly good foundation on which to argue it's case. Those that don't believe the argument are left with weak efforts to discount the statistics without bothering to actually offer up a feasible alternative.

Last edited by Madcow; 2004-01-16 at 03:22 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion