Upcoming JH Changes? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ooohhhh..I can't understand Macs
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-17, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by _-Gunslinger-_
The feeding system of a jackhammer has an ammo feed choke point. It all come out of one box. Therefor while your fireing the second shot its reloading the first, third; second; and so on. So if you were to want to tripple burst it would have to fill all three chambers. So yes that is common sense dopplar. Btw jackhammers would jam like a motherfucker too.

This balance is completly warented.

BadAsh I was just pointing out that there is no way to prove those kills are based off of a gun/tank imbalance.
Gunslinger, we have reliable orbital re-entry. Reliable ressurection tech, reliable teleporter tech, reliable (and fast) space travel, I think we whould have figured out how to keep a shotty from jamming. After all maybe thats what all that extra bulk to the JH is, a mechanical power assisted speed loading and unloading system.

We can split hairs on the realism bus all week.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-01-17, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Jagd
Major

Originally Posted by Doppler
You know why this "Common Sense" line of logic is wrong, because then we have to apply it to everything.

For example just in HA.

How is it that the MCG doesnt have attrocious cone of fire, considering its a big long heavy piece of metal with spining barrells that you fire unbraced while surging down a hallway. It never jams, it never overheats, it its weight with ammo must be atttrocious, yet the jackhammer is a "Common sense" issue, hello people its a sem automatic feed system, the number of barrels has no baring on that. But no people wanna go "sniffle they get more kills then us spork make it stop, i'm gonna completely ignore the fact that a reaver pilot will get more kills then a jackhammer guy any day, make it stop sporky make it stop."

Oh and before you ask, no i dont use HA.
Well maybe you should try it. That uber MCG that works while surging? Yeah, it's just that it has an attrocious cone of fire, and if you want to get the mythical "balanced" TTK you are so fond of mentioniong, you must land every bullet pumped out the barrel. Good fucking luck. Crouch and stop moving and then, if your opponent co-operates and stops moving too, you just might pull off a kill as fast as the jackhammer. Oh but wait, he's moving around like an actual human player, trying to dodge your bullets. Now you have to actually sweep the crosshairs around, and oh shit look at that, there goes the cone of fire. I guess we won't be landing every bullet after all.
Old 2004-01-17, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Vick
Second Lieutenant

ahhhhh, someone is whining about the MCG!!! my ears!!!

Really, MCG is THE BEST weapon in the game if you are any good.

JH surgile needs nerfage, dunno how anyone can say it doesnt. The 4shot thing is a bug, cause I dont thnik it used to work like that. JH should not be nerfed though, otherwise it will suck in rexo. It is already the worst HA to use in rexo, if you nerf the damage or something it will suxxor.

So find a way to nerf agile/HA without nerfing HA or agile.
Old 2004-01-17, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Madcow
Bad Mojo
AGN Staff

New Conglomerate - Emerald

We all kick and scream for that which we hold dear, do we not?
You'll notice none of my characters have HA.

Unfortunately we don't have the power to go that extra step, so our experiment ends prematurely with a fairly good foundation on which to argue it's case. Those that don't believe the argument are left with weak efforts to discount the statistics without bothering to actually offer up a feasible alternative.
Then you'll just have to leave the proper examination to the developers. Which you will, because you have no choice. Feel free to argue all damn day about what people in the forums utter as being the foundations for your argument. Like I said, if you want to base your "scientific theory" on what people in the OF say, you're free to do that. No matter how idiotic it might be.

As for MY personal feeling about the Jackhammer, I feel the devs know best and, having the actual data and ability to experiement, will make the changes they feel are best. That's my alternative to your devotion to the people who post in forums.
Old 2004-01-17, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Furluge
Private

I find it intresting how several people say that other empires HA's just need to be "Brought up to the level of the JH". Gee, where have we heard that before. Oh yes, the last batch of HA adjustments. I think it's safe to say that doing that /again/ isn't going to solve anything, and frankly, the idea is a little scarry.

Also, like people have mentioned before. The odds of one empire getting "all the good people" is really, really small unless one side started, say, compensating people or something else to make them pick that side or something else to compel them to make that choice.

Last edited by Furluge; 2004-01-17 at 12:22 PM.
Old 2004-01-17, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Bad Mojo
Then you'll just have to leave the proper examination to the developers. Which you will, because you have no choice. Feel free to argue all damn day about what people in the forums utter as being the foundations for your argument. Like I said, if you want to base your "scientific theory" on what people in the OF say, you're free to do that. No matter how idiotic it might be.

As for MY personal feeling about the Jackhammer, I feel the devs know best and, having the actual data and ability to experiement, will make the changes they feel are best. That's my alternative to your devotion to the people who post in forums.
Way to miss the point entirely! You have offered up to this point exactly zero theories for the statistical disparity. It's one thing to say "You have a theory and statistic to back it, but I have this theory and have this evidence to back it which disproves it". That's not what you're doing. What you're doing is attempting to belittle somebodies argument with absolutely no evidence at all, not even an opposing theory that's plausible. You're walking in thinking "Hey, if I talk like I'm smart and know what I'm doing that will be enough." Well, it ain't enough. Coincidental statistics? Please, give the forum a little bit of credit for intelligence. If you can't come up with something real, stfu.
Old 2004-01-17, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
JakeLogan
Major

whoa he just bashed on a AGN guy
Old 2004-01-17, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
DSSurge
Private

heres an idea for a JH fix. Give it 9 shots till reload and we're good. The killing capacity per clip is well over that of the Lashers and shouldnt be compairable with that of the MCG seeing as to how it functions.

"Why nerf when you can just buff everything else so people don't bitch?"

I am the original homeboy.
Old 2004-01-17, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Doppler
Contributor
Major

"Why nerf when you can just buff everything else so people don't bitch?"[/QUOTE]

Because people will always bitch.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-01-17, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by DSSurge
"Why nerf when you can just buff everything else so people don't bitch?"
because PS is not supposed to be Quake
Old 2004-01-17, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

And the world need bitches to keep the world going round, don't they? ^^

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-01-17, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

HA is balanced according to Thottbot.

The Jackhammer's alt-fire is bullshit to begin with, an ROF increase that violates the 'empire flavor'. Its reload time was a bug according to the devs, and will be fixed.

Jackhammer will change, deal with it. Everyone who said it should change is right, and everyone who said it was 'fine' is wrong.

Game over.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-17, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Must resist.............urge to make............snide comment.

Edit:Edited to rise above.

Last edited by Doppler; 2004-01-17 at 11:07 PM.
Old 2004-01-17, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
SWARM
Contributor
Private

Wow...I came in on this thread a bit late...but all I have to say about the changes is "THANK GOD". Maybe the "bandwagon" empire will begin to lose it's luster. That combined with the TR MAX love we're about to recieve will make things great again. The same people whining now are the same ones that called everyone else whiners when they bitched about the JH. Ironic isn't it.
Old 2004-01-17, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Bandwagon is right. The majority of br20 soldiers are NC because of the Jackhammer and Vanguard. The number of TR and VS br20s are almost perfectly balanced. Funny that, eh?

It's not speculation, it's fact. Thottbot has become my new best friend for what was once the difficult task of pointing out the obvious.

Not to say NC doesn't have its fair shair of valiant warriors, but it's also got a few delusional partisans who could justify even the Wave Motion Cannon under their banner.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion