TR's Own Weapons - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma stores weed in is locker.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-14, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Its really funny that the other empire weapons have very very close ROFs as the other empires. Hell, the fucking beamer shoots .1 rpm under the Repeater. Big fucking diffrence there.
Old 2004-04-14, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

WTH, .1 under? Nerf the beamer RoF

Whats there to say bout the TR weapons hmm...

Barring the MAX suits and the horrible lockon issues for the striker, they get the job done. The TR MAX suits ain't worth the polygons that make them, waste of cert points.

Btw a tip for striker users, the problem with the striker lockon is the insanely large "no lock on bubble" thats around frienly vehicles to prevent friendly fire. So in order to counteract that you should try to find fiering positions that dosn't have alot of frienly vehicles in your LoS.
Old 2004-04-14, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Eldanesh

Well, I am NC too, so I guess that means I am incapable of being unbiased, well can't say I didn't try.
Props for effort

= Crack addict
Old 2004-04-14, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

TR MAX suits arn't total shit. They are supposed to be used in numbers, they arn't the uber weapon NC and VS maxes that the other empires have.

Old 2004-04-14, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by SilverLord
TR MAX suits arn't total shit. They are supposed to be used in numbers, they arn't the uber weapon NC and VS maxes that the other empires have.
Even in numbers the DC sometimes fails.... but sometimes on its own it succeeds

Burster can work well on its own
Old 2004-04-14, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
MrPaul
Major

I think the idea behind the TR is flawwed. "More is better" - a'right, but what about the fact that only 1/3 or so bullets hit due to the massive bloom of the CoF when you want to hold down the trigger to get those bullets flying? Bleh.
Old 2004-04-14, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
TheN00b
Colonel

Here are some issues that I think need to be fixed:

AV MAXes of all Empires need a buff, and a serious one. As it is right now, the AI MAXes generally best them, which is pathetic, and they are utterfly worthless against Main Battle Tanks and Lightnings.

TR MAXes need buffs to bring them on par with the rest of the MAXes. The Burster should get less of an arc and a slightly increased ROF, the Pounder should get less arc and more damage, and the Dual Cycler should get a huge COF buff.

IMO, the MCG is just slightly below par in comparison to the other HA weapons. While the Devs have done a great job balancing HA, I feel that the MCGshould get a slight ROF buff, as it feels like it takes forever to kill someone.

The Magrider should get a small AA damage nerf, and in return get a small AV damage buff. For me, it seems like the Mag is too good vs. air and not good enough vs. other MBT's. But that's just me.

N3rf 73h 1337 B3amar!!11

Disclaimer: While I certainly feel that the game is not entirely balanced, I do think that the Devs have done an excellent job with balancing issues. Keep up the good work guys!
Old 2004-04-14, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by scarpas
WTF!
She meant Pulsar.
Old 2004-04-14, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by MrPaul
I think the idea behind the TR is flawwed. "More is better" - a'right, but what about the fact that only 1/3 or so bullets hit due to the massive bloom of the CoF when you want to hold down the trigger to get those bullets flying? Bleh.
I assume you are talkin about the MCG, burst-fire does wonders. Apparently surge + flickering crouch also makes for some weird-looking warp effects too.

MCG can be very inaccurate, however owns outside of HA damage dropoff range and kills MA within their medium range. Unless you are within the killzone of HA though spray + pray does little more than waste ammo with mcg.

Last edited by Eldanesh; 2004-04-14 at 08:53 PM.
Old 2004-04-14, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

All the Heavy Assault weapons are meant to be used in close quarters, the MCG is no different. Quite frankly, of all the Heavy Assault weapons, I believe the MCG is pretty much on par with the Lasher, both of them second to the JackHammer. I've used all three HA weapons extensively, I have a TR with HA, a vanu with HA, and I've looted plenty of JackHammers. The MCG is probably the best for multiple opponents, I've killed 5 or so people with one magazine if they're all close together. However, it does require close range, just like the other two. It's range is slightly longer than the other two HA's, though.
Old 2004-04-14, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

I agree with Chewy completely; the MCG is an excellent weapon, and can easily hold its own against the other Heavy Assault weapons. The bullets are actually quite powerful, so if all your shots connect, then your foe is done-for.
Old 2004-04-15, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Lithpope
Corporal

Dunno, I used the MCG a lot and quite frankly found the Cycler much more useful. Cycler has same damage per shot, less of a CoF bloom, only a slightly slower RoF and half the magazine capacity. Better all purpose weapon if you dont know whether you are going to be indoors or outdoors the next minute or not. For ease of use and flexibilty it is better than the MCG. I guess it depends on what you want in a weapon.

The striker lock bug is bad and easily explioted if the dirver of your target vehicle knows what he is doing and for God's sake get rid of the Anchoring on TR MAXs.
Old 2004-04-15, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Well of course it's more flexible. All of the MA weapons are more flexible than the HA weapons, since they're designed for medium range combat. Since they're designed for medium range combat, they also perform well in short range combat. The point of the Heavy Assault weapons is as the best close range attackers, so a Heavy Assault meeting up with the same skilled user with a Medium Assault weapon in less than 10 meters of range should win 9 out of 10 times.
Old 2004-04-15, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Yea, the devs def need to get rid of the TR anchoring ability because it's the worst defensive measure in the game, standing still. Last night, I saw a Scat max own a grunt and then own a DC right after the grunt and survived to fight longer, thats plain ridiculas.

Old 2004-04-15, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by SilverLord
Yea, the devs def need to get rid of the TR anchoring ability because it's the worst defensive measure in the game, standing still. Last night, I saw a Scat max own a grunt and then own a DC right after the grunt and survived to fight longer, thats plain ridiculas.
Yah, it's kinda sad that an AI MAX can own an AV MAX. In fact, I saw a ScatMAX last night that strolled in the BD, blew away 5 soldiers, killed 2 Pounders, and lived to fight on. That's just pathetic.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion