The world is about to end. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only place where grief points add up
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-02-09, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
The world is about to end.

Its time.

Just a few hours ago, planetside2.com got updated, now allowing you to enter a beta code. While there is still no official date for the beta, it strongly looks like March.

We are all looking forward to the start of the beta, but there is something that needs to be done first. Something so extremly important that we all would really regret not doing it.

Its saying farwell.

With the start of Planetside 2's beta, Planetside will be a empty game. The possibility of a poplock in planetside would be nonexistant.

And with the population, and the shift to Planetside 2, bonds will be lost. Most of us know each other, remember certain names, etc. The Werner VS crowd will clearly remember Enrico, everyone on Gemini knows who robocpf1 or Francko is, and we all know espion. I could go on that way, but the list of names i learned during all this years is rather long. I loved fighting together or against you people, and im pretty sure all of you agree with me that having this fading away forever would be a loss.

But its going to happen, and there is nothing we can do against it. Planetside will die, and even if Sony never shuts down the server, an empty Auraxis is not the Auraxis we used to love.

Because of this, i have a proposal for both SOE and all of you fellow friends and foes. Lets say farwell to the game that all got us together.

Sony: We already asked you guys several times, but this is now the last time: Give us veterans free game time. Just a month would be enough really. Allow everyone to have a final blast, to refresh memorys, and maybe even create new. Do it, or dont do it, but tell us whats going to happen! We have no idea how far beta is away, and it would be a real shame if it hit before we hear from you. So, whatever happens, tell us about it! If you wont give us free time, than give us a clear message, so we can just do it our way! BE Quick, please!

fellow soilders: Its quite possible that SOE wont support us. So if you want one last blast, get ready to invest a bit of cash, just enough to play for a month. Melt some gold teeth down and sell the metal, collect bottles, rob the local bank, do WHATEVER thats nessesary to allow you to take part. Also, tell your outfits, your friends, everyone you know who once played planetside. Get every veteran in sight, we need them all!

If this goes as hoped, then be prepared for a last month of carnage, madness and war. Prepare for a last go at the stuff that made you love this game. Prepare to get shot in the face again by the guys you hate the most, and prepare to get your revenge on them.

The world will end, but we shall go down with blazing guns!

Crossposting this to Forumside. If you cannot post there because you not yet have a sub (may want to wait a bit till Sony gives us a signal), then reply here. If you can for whatever reason post on forumside, post there! Lets show everyone how many people are already around!
Also, make sure this thread gets to everyone not regularly checking forumside, means do some /comall Check the official forums and post in bastis thread!

forumside thread: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/po...6&#88000471581
Old 2012-02-09, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: The world is about to end.

Turns on TR_loss.wav

(for only that music fits the speech, it has nothing to do with smacktalk)

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-02-09, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Magpie
Sergeant Major

very nicely said,

but i do think planetside 1 will be reborn for a few months, my reasons for this is when beta ends there gonna be no more ps2 for a few months untill its boxed and shipped or download.... but its gonna be so hyped that people will rush to play ps1 when beta ends untill release.

fair well planetside 1

come on planetside 2!!!
Old 2012-02-09, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

I know you wanted this to be PS2 discussion.. but it really is PS1 discussion. I will leave the redirect so people can still find it when moved.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-02-09, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shogun
Contributor
General

oh man, a free month of ps1 sub with email notification to inform the inactive crowds would totally rock!

i would resubscribe for a last month, if i was sure that enough people do the same. but subscribing to an empty game would suck.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-02-09, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Hamma, i hoped you would leave it in the PS2 section for the sake of visibility. It also is somewhat PS2 related.

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
oh man, a free month of ps1 sub with email notification to inform the inactive crowds would totally rock!

i would resubscribe for a last month, if i was sure that enough people do the same. but subscribing to an empty game would suck.
True, it would suck, but if everyone would wait for more people to appear, then nobody would show up.

There is already a crowd. Not a poplock yet, but the pop is slowly increasing.
If we get the message out, and people just spend the few coin, we will have a poplock, if not even two. There is some risk, but isnt risk what makes the live more enjoyable?
Old 2012-02-09, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

This is an AWESOME idea! Give everyone a free month before beta, hype up PS2 as much as you can and watch all the old guard jump on PS2 in troves!

Hamma, this is also about PS2, its a great marketing ploy and points a giant red arrow to PS2! Should be in both forums, imo
Old 2012-02-09, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Hamma, i hoped you would leave it in the PS2 section for the sake of visibility. It also is somewhat PS2 related.

True, it would suck, but if everyone would wait for more people to appear, then nobody would show up.

There is already a crowd. Not a poplock yet, but the pop is slowly increasing.
If we get the message out, and people just spend the few coin, we will have a poplock, if not even two. There is some risk, but isnt risk what makes the live more enjoyable?

I have been playing alot more. The way I look at it is..in 2-3 Months this game will be gone...10 years down the road I will be sad the game no longer exists..

Play as much as you can..The End of a Epic Era is very close.
Old 2012-02-09, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gortha
First Sergeant

Free Gametime a month, one or two weeks before the Beta would be great
for a last big clusterfuck

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-02-09, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lord Cosine
Corporal

Well whether this is SoE organized or PSU organized count me in. I'm still subbed to date, just tell me when we've got some pop and I'll log in for some memories.

I will shed a tear when the planetside 1 server is finally shut down, and I'm a heartless robot so that is kinda a big deal coming from me.

Also it might not be a bad idea to get all of the PSU folks to roll on the same server when PS2 launches, what do you guys think?
Old 2012-02-09, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bing
Private

Yep. I'm more sad that Planetside 1 is going away than I'm happy Planetside 2 is getting started.

Makes for some weird mixed feelings.
Old 2012-02-10, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Shanesan
Sergeant

Just resubscribed. Played for 2 hours tonight. So much fun, even when you're getting your ass handed to you!
Old 2012-02-10, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Okay, Friday the 17th is the day. If we dont hear a word from sony by then (a yes, a no or a "give us more time), then we shall just do it ourself!
Old 2012-02-10, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Logri
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Shanesan View Post
Just resubscribed. Played for 2 hours tonight. So much fun, even when you're getting your ass handed to you!
And here I was thinking it was just me.
Thanks for boosting my self esteem, eversince I started playing again I have seen more respawn bars then actual firefights.
Old 2012-02-10, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Bing
Private

Originally Posted by Shanesan View Post

Ha ha. I never do anything except get my ass handed to me. It does make the successes I DO meet with all the better though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion